Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artifical Grass

Options
  • 13-02-2011 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm thinking of laying artifical grass in a portion of the back garden because our dogs destroy the real stuff! The area is about 4m x 5m. Has anyone any experience of laying this, how easy is it & is it a good idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

fenris wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm thinking of laying artifical grass in a portion of the back garden because our dogs destroy the real stuff! The area is about 4m x 5m. Has anyone any experience of laying this, how easy is it & is it a good idea?

Good ground preparation is required (min compacted 100mm Hardcore, 50mm blinding grit/coarse sand). Good quality synthetic grass is essential for a hardwearing surface which must also be securely fixed along perimeter, usually to pressure treated boards.

Like every other aspect of gardening, good preparation and attention to detail are pre-requisites. Shoddy and shortcut workmanship are all too common. DIY installatrion is of course possible.

Good quality synthetic grass is ideal for dog areas, easy to clean and hardwearing, making it more compatible within a garden area than the usual concrete pens finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭kitchens decks

hi was just wondering if you got this done , was thinking about getting it in my back yard , is it expensive??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Hi,

Yeah, got the grass laid about two weeks ago. Delighted with it so far. We've had one attempt at digging it back up from the dogs, but we've fixed that up & all is fine since. So much easier to keep clean & looks great. Just sorry we did n't do it years ago!!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭kitchens decks

sounds good i was goin to get cobble put down but i though it was to hard a surface with the kids playing , the grass mite suit better i wud b intrested in knowing who supplied it to you and were u given a price per metre i wanted to work out how much it wud cost , i dont have a clue how much i would have to spend to get it done

Advertisement