Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

buying or selling in lucan?

• 13-02-2011 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi long shot but i would dearly love to know the market price for a 3 bed in liffey valley- have a private buyer offering 15% below the estate agent recommendation.. the market is very hard to read at the moment.. if anyone has bought or sold in the area recently would appreciate knowing the ball park.. otherwise may rent and hold off for this year..
    thanks in advance:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,771 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The estate agent is the professional who is supposed to give a realistic valuation of the house. An offer of 15% below that valuation seems opportunistic to me. From your post it is obvious you are not under pressure to sell the house soon, so I would hold out for more if I were in your situation. That said, consensus seems to be that the market has not yet bottomed out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭kranog

I paid 260 for a stunning 3 bed / 3 bathroom house only 5 months ago.
    Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 loonyoonie

5 months ago I bought a 3 bed near the Penny Hill for €225,000

House in good condition, looking back now, I think the seller was very lucky to get it sold at that price. Houses that I viewed last Aug/Sept are still on the market & have reduced their asking prices!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 loonyoonie

Sorry, should have mentioned - the asking price was 17% higher than what we ended up paying!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Lyn256

Hiya

Sold a 3 bed house in Lucan in Sept (closed in Dec)-looked for €260k, accepted €247k. Very similar house came on the market (same estate) 2/3 weeks ago for €235k, gone sale agreed already
    I'm in the market for a 4 bed and def would offer at least 10-15% less than asking price.
    Liffey Valley-if you got anything around the €200k would prob be right for the current market.
    Prices are only going down-will you regret it in 6 months time if it goes down another €10-€15k??
    Btw-if sale doesn;t go through and you decide to sell through an agent-I HIGHLY recommennd the guy I used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

There are 4 beds for sale in Gragne Manor, these are nice big four beds too.

Thanks average runner

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/10-the-close-grange-manor-lucan-co-dublin/211958

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/12-the-close-grange-manor-lucan-dublin-west/1243792

Had a look at these but they are v overpriced. It puts me off even looking at them when the vendors are so out on their valuation.

I'd look at 12 the close, if it were valued around €300-€310 and look to pay €275/€280 tops.

These properties won;t sell at these prices!

I'm thinking of taking a look at this one-
    http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/22-the-old-forge-lucan/325826

Though I'd expect to pay a lot less than €330k as its been on the market at that price since early Nov

I've a budget of €300k and I'm in no rush! So will see what the next few months brings

Reason for higher price for the Grange Manor houses is that over the last 2 years the houses in that estate had gone sale agreed within a month of going up.

Those two houses are on the market awhile but reason for that is because whoever wanted to buy in grange manor had bought. Its demand v supply i suppose.

But they are big 4 beds so if you could afford it be worth a look.

I will say i live there but my house is not one of them for sale and living rooms are big :)

Old forge is nice but the road in the around the houses is alot tighter so houses feel more on top of you. Otherwise great area too.

I'm still not seeing €355k for No 12
    What puts me off Grange manor and Old forge too is that both are a good trek to shops.
    I have a 2 1/2 year old and 1 year old and I want to be no more than 10 min walk from shops/schools (St Thomas'). I don;t want to have to drive everywhere.
    My own preference is for Westbury but no houses for sale there at the moment

They are only a ten min walk to superquinn via the park and less than 8 min walk to centra.

Esker school is only ten min walk too and its the right parish for that school.
    But your right in what your doing, wait till you find what you want.

• Advertisement
Advertisement