Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

£900 build

Options
  • 13-02-2011 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Making rig around 800 - 900 pounds, atm thinking about getting something along these lines.

ps complete noob at computers just enjoy gaming so try keep it simple lol

Tower - Coolermaster hafX
    Power Supply - Antec 750w TP
    CPU - i7 950
    mobo - MSI Big Bang Xpower
    RAM - 8GB DDR3
    Graphics Card - Zotac Geforce GTX 460 1gb
    Sound Card - Asus Xonar DS PCI 7.1
    hard drive - tb (not to sure about any makes)

Ive just seen these things from looking over the internet a bit tell me if any of my selections are just stupid or what you would do with this budget.
    Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

When you say pounds, do you mean sterling?

Socket 1366 is a bit of a waste, I think something like an i5-2600K would be better.

Do you need keyboard/mouse/windows?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

also the psu and case is massive overkill if your going for mid-range set (plus needlessly taking up the majority of the budget) plus the 460gtx is abit outdated now and you'd benifit more from nvidia's 500 series and amd's 6000 series, and also theres no need for 8gb of ram cause 4gb is still more than enough by today's standards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jevs

Yes Pounds sterling, I can spend more but I just thought 900 would be a reasonable amount, what would you buy with it then? I really dont understand these things that much just read recommendations on the internet

I dont need keyboard or mouse I got a good monitor and razor peripherals :)

I will probs need a OS though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

attachment.php?attachmentid=148102&stc=1&d=1297768895

Left out sound card. Do you need it? 8GB RAM isn't necessary as IMH says; 4GB would bring you almost to 900.

Also wait until the Sandy Bridge problem is fixed. Hopefully not long now.

That's scan.co.uk, BTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jevs

Cheers man thats awesome, I kinda do need a sound card cause I play some competitive onliners, could you just reco one and ill send the order out for that comp ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement