Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New pc for everyday and collage

Options
  • 13-02-2011 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

I have being looking around for a replacement for my old pc i was original going to get one from Ankermann but then a friend told me about hardwareversand and after looking up some reviews i decided to go with them ( if anyone has used them before i would really like some feedback are they good , shipping times ect )

This will be an everyday pc with some CAD and rendering work for collage and art i have a budget of around 500 but could go a little higher if i had to i will also be transferring a graphics card 9800GT and one or two other things from my old pc to the new one

I would really appreciate any advice you all could give me . I included the specs that i was thinking of getting as an attachment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Software installation? What's that?

What does the total add up to? 500?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

do you mind if i spec out a better pc for what you need?
    plus where are you located?
    because i am offer a free copy of windows 7 or xp on my build service atm which costs only €20 so it would save you quite abit of cash instead of having to buy one seperatly

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bette

because i am offer a free copy of windows 7 or xp on my build service atm which costs only €20 so it would save you quite abit of cash instead of having to buy one seperatly

Free copy of W7 or XP which costs €20. How do you explain that? At €20, never mind free, it doesn't seem legal.

Software installation in this case means installing the OS (Operating System) which takes time. That has to be paid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

the os is free the build is not thaught it wasnt that hard to understand tbh sorry i didnt make that clearer.
    i aquire the keys off a mate in england who gets them off doa laptops\desktops that get returned to his shop before windows was activated on them so he informs me its legal but i will be completely honest i dunno if hes 100% right i never looked up it up myself just took his word on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Just to point out I dont believe you are allowed tout your wares on here, thats why they have the service on adverts. This sounds a bit dodgy about windows 7 as it would most likely be an illegal copy of the software unless he gives the disc and coa with it. Oh and about hardwareversand I orderd a pc from them monday and had it thursday, very quick considering it came from germany. I would advise just looking at the builds people show you here and ordering them from hardwareversand and it you dont feel comfortable building a pc you can always pay them 20 euro extra to assemble it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement