Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC Milan Away - Match Thread

Options
  • 13-02-2011 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Massive Massive Game.
    Worrying if it's Wilson and Sandro in the middle. Maybe play Pienaar in there, with Lennon and Niko out wide. If VDV is not fit, maybe Wilson Sandro and Pienaar will make a 3 in the middle. Cant see us playing 2 up top.

I'd take a 2-1 loss tbh, and then Id fancy us to tear in to them at the lane.

COYS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I'd say Bale will play if he's fit in any shape or form with Niko behind Crouch. Lennon on the right must be a dead certain given he was rested.
    Modric will be a big loss if he can't make it although Milan play a slower pace game which will hopefully suit Sandro down to the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Is Harry playing games with media and Milan on Bale? , hope we see the 3 musketeers back on tuesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I'd say Bale will play if he's fit in any shape or form with Niko behind Crouch. Lennon on the right must be a dead certain given he was rested.
    Modric will be a big loss if he can't make it although Milan play a slower pace game which will hopefully suit Sandro down to the ground.

Harry has said 3 different things about Bale's chances of playing over the last couple of days, the latest being that he done a bit yesterday but had to stop as he was feeling a bit off with the back, apparently he is defo out now :rolleyes:

Milan play a slower pace game which will hopefully suit Sandro down to the ground.

A slower pace maybe bit they are sharp in the final third. We'll have to be at our best defensively to stay in the tie.

The secret footballers for the guardian says he's been told Bale is fit and will start and Sandro says he's looking forward to the game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Think we'll need an away goal to go through and I think we'll get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Looks unlikely the 'Martian' will be available for Tuesday night.
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_6750836,00.html

Who knows, maybe Harry's playing mind games...?! Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Kevin Bond was just on Talksport confirming Bale is definatley out..

Bale hasn't travelled with the squad to Milan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Dawson is crucial. He's getting his sharpness back. He won't be muscled out of it by Ibrahimovic the way he was by Drogba in his first game back.
    We need to keep it tight and hit them on the break. Lennon's pace will be crucial.
    Sandro was impressive, and I think was started because of Jeans being suspended for Tuesday. If Modric is fit, he'll start. If not, Pienaar on the left, with Nico in the middle 3. Nico played well at Twente, and his passing will be important. One other thing- I thought Pienaar's dead balls on Saturday were good, another string to our bow.
    We will probably start with 1 up top (Crouch if fit) and bring Defoe on if the game opens up. Defoe will score soon, and when he does, he'll score a few.
    Charlie or Hutton is a big call. Both have pros and cons, Walker already looking like next season's RB.
    My Team
    Gomes
    Corluka Gallas Dawson BAE
    Sandro Palacios
    Lennon Modric Krankjcar
    Crouch

Who knows, it might accidently work in our favour having to play 2 holding players.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Is VDV out???

Im travelling to this one. Can you get tickets in any bank or just certain ones does anyone know? Damn Ac Milan and no online sale

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I just have a feeling all week we're gonna win 2-1 I must stick a few quid on it but in reality I'd be over the moon with 1-1 or even 0-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭sniffingchimp

I think Modric definitely out alongside Bale, hoping for Van Der Vaart tho. Kranjcar's looking on form so hope to see him on the pitch (I imagine so).... but we'll be doing well to get a result out of this, I've my fingers crossed for a draw.

Where you guys getting your news regards who's travelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭condor26

If palacios is starting it would be great for him to get through the first half at least without a yellow card. When he's sloppy and picks up a yellow I'd say it's tough to leave him on in fear of dropping down to 10 men

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

VDV just tweeted this a few hours ago:
    "Good news. Back on the pitch tomorrow. Cant wait to put on my shirt again!
    http://twitpic.com/3zoxvv "

F*cking great news!!!

TEAM NEWS - Bale out, Modric still a major doubt, Crouch (back) also doubtful but Van der Vaart should be fit for AC Milan...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Im gonna say 2-1 to Milan which would be excellent for spurs to take back to the lane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I think that if we can keep them to loose by only the one goal it's not a bad nights work. An away goal would be a big bonus and a draw would be quality.

Great to hear VDV is back.

Pishing rain all day in Meelan, should be a slick surface to say the least.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm going with 1-1. Getting an away goal will be vital i think, so i'd even be happy with 2-1 to Milan. Massive game, and i'm going to miss the 2nd half :(

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm going with 1-1. Getting an away goal will be vital i think, so i'd even be happy with 2-1 to Milan. Massive game, and i'm going to miss the 2nd half :(
    I think they could score at the lane although if they scored more than one I'd be surprised given how we don't concede more than one very often so an away goal will be crucial and a 1-1 or 2-2 draw would be a great result.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭larry1

1-1

In Rafa we Trust :)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

il go along with a 1-1 tonight, just been snooping through the milan forums and the arrogance on them is astounding, not that its annoying me or nothing :D but to say things like its gonna be an easy win with 2 or more goals is baffling. there doesnt seem to be any respect for us at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Going to miss this due to work, arggggggghhhhhh:mad:

Like the rest of you's be well happy with a draw or a one goal deficit. We will do them in the lane with the lads back for sure.

COYS

Gonna miss this too as out for Dad's bday dinner, why did he have to be born on this date? Why??!?!?!?!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

If Bale and Modric were playing I'd have been looking for a win but as things stand I'd take a score draw back to the Lane where I think we could beat anyone.

Looking at Milans domestic league form would scare you though. They are
    • Top of Serie A League
    • Top Joint Scorers
    • Have the lowest number of goals conceded
    However, they have not shown this same form in the Champions League to date, so who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

I think we can get a result tonight. Crouch has caused problems against most of the European defences and I can see him doing so again tonight. He will either score or create for Vdv. Milan will come back only for Lennon to catch them on the break.

1-2 Spurs victory.

5 hours until k/o and I am a nervous wreck.

Advertisement