Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€40 credit gone in one day on o2!!!

Options
  • 13-02-2011 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I HATE o2!!!!

Okay i have an X10i touchscreen phone and topped it up by €40 yesterday,
    All ready to go! I set up my free texts to any network and was ready to go!!

However!!

Today i went over my daily 50mb poxy pre pay daily allowance and didn't realise until the internet stopped working.
    I checked my credit and my balance is 0.00

For F**ks sake o2!
    You could send a text to warn people that they have reached there limit or just stop the net for the day!!!!!!!

I'm raging!

I had an iPhone on o2 2 years ago and had the exact same problem,now it's strange that i moved to meteor and NEVER went over my limit!

I only bought the x10! yesterday and it was locked to o2 and here we go again!!

X10i is now up for sale and i am TOTALLY boycotting o2 and warning everyone too..

I'm sorry if i come across as annoyed...BUT I AM!!

Any one else have this problem???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

All the networks are pretty much the same when it comes to data overuse - they will crucify you.

O2, Vodafone and 3 charge 99c/€1 per megabyte over.
    Meteor charge €20.48 per megabyte.

Get the NetCounter app from the Android Market.
    Set up usage alerts so that at, say, 40MB it notifies you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

You weren't robbed. You used up your credit. Take responsibility for your own actions. You use something, you pay for it. Simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DavidBowie

Ginger a warning wouldn't go astray!

Comreg will no doubt look into this at some stage..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

OP are you not an international rock star, can you not afford €40 :P

DavidBowie wrote: »

Don't get that??? Am I being naive here???....missing something????:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Ah. I get you now. You want a warning when you're about to use all your credit. I guess you've been warned now about future overuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Kensington wrote: »
    All the networks are pretty much the same when it comes to data overuse - they will crucify you.

O2, Vodafone and 3 charge 99c/€1 per megabyte over.
    Meteor charge €20.48 per megabyte.

I hope that's a type O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭uppishhauk

WilliamOC wrote: »
    I hope that's a type O
    afraid not,
    with PAYG its 2c for every Kb you go over which works out as €20.48 per Mb
    with bill pay its 2c for every Mb you go over

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Should be law that the network informs its users when they're approaching their data limit. Then again, prices would surely go up if that was introduced :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

I HATE o2!!!!

Okay i have an X10i touchscreen phone and topped it up by €40 yesterday,
    All ready to go! I set up my free texts to any network and was ready to go!!

However!!

Today i went over my daily 50mb poxy pre pay daily allowance and didn't realise until the internet stopped working.
    I checked my credit and my balance is 0.00

For F**ks sake o2!
    You could send a text to warn people that they have reached there limit or just stop the net for the day!!!!!!!

I'm raging!

I had an iPhone on o2 2 years ago and had the exact same problem,now it's strange that i moved to meteor and NEVER went over my limit!

I only bought the x10! yesterday and it was locked to o2 and here we go again!!

X10i is now up for sale and i am TOTALLY boycotting o2 and warning everyone too..

I'm sorry if i come across as annoyed...BUT I AM!!

Any one else have this problem???

you were robbed. mobile networks charge over the top for data usage.

thats how they make money, from unsuspecting people, its a joke. we have the same sort of regulation that we had on the banks, in the telecoms/broadband area.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

No one to blame but yourself OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

ingen wrote: »
    you were robbed. mobile networks charge over the top for data usage.

thats how they make money, from unsuspecting people, its a joke. we have the same sort of regulation that we had on the banks, in the telecoms/broadband area.

Ususpecting?

Okay, let me break this down. This guy (the OP) already had an experience of his credit dissappearing very quickly and blamed O2 for it. Fair enough that was a first time offence. (Obviously had he read the data charges the first time he would be unsuspecting) However, it happens him a second time. How can he be "unsuspecting" this time?

The OP's "problem" is that he doesnt understand the concept of PAYG data and how to read the charges for such. Following on from that, he doesnt understand how to monitor his phones data useage and keep it limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

That's happened me before. I was in my house watching youtube videos on my phone thinking I had WiFi turned on then BOOM got a text after I had went over the limit saying I was over it. Seems a bit pointless sending it after. Went to the little data widget I have it said 51mb and it had used €15 credit. That was just my stupidity forgetting to turn the WiFi on though. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

mmm meteor sent me a text once saying my limit is close to 50mb. But it only happened once. A week after 15 euro gone in under a min :S

It breaks my balls when that happens :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Happened to me on 02 last year sometime when I got my iphone. Went through €39 credit in 2 mins, but the joke was on them as they gave me an iphone for €5 for introducing 10 friends, really it was me introducing 10 customers :p . Jailbroke the iphone and used it on vodafone. If I were you I'd get switch to Vodafone and get free any network texts and 250mb of internet for €30 or switch to 3pay. I do feel your pain but as the others said you did use it...

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

mmm meteor sent me a text once saying my limit is close to 50mb. But it only happened once. A week after 15 euro gone in under a min :S

It breaks my balls when that happens :(

Haha yeah, I was halfway through watching some video on YT while I got the text so I just ignored it, only to find when I finished the video that I had no credit lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Happened to me on 02 last year sometime when I got my iphone. Went through €39 credit in 2 mins, but the joke was on them as they gave me an iphone for €5 for introducing 10 friends, really it was me introducing 10 customers :p . Jailbroke the iphone and used it on vodafone. If I were you I'd get switch to Vodafone and get free any network texts and 250mb of internet for €30 or switch to 3pay. I do feel your pain but as the others said you did use it...

That way you'll burn credit faster as your call rate increases. Sneaky networks :P

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

WilliamOC wrote: »
    That way you'll burn credit faster as your call rate increases. Sneaky networks :P

Not sure what you mean there William but calls are the same price on the €20 tarrif or the €30 tarrif. 29c a min??

Edit: 90MB duly noted. I should really use VF 360 instead of keep topping up for free internet. credit balance is over €100 at the min :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

well the only reason to go to bill pay right now is for more data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I'm with o2 and have the same phone as the OP and this regularly happens to me. I don't use my phone that often (keep in contact through e-mail) and the people I don't e-mail I call on my free calls setup. My data usage is set up so that there is a basic charge every day and eventhough I have barely used my phone over the past 2 weeks, honestly I have sent 20 texts, 10euro credit has still managed to be used up. I have no problem paying for what is used but that kind of basic charge is ridiculous especially when you have not used your phone. A basic charge when your phone is active would make more sense. I have contacted o2 on this a couple of times when credit has disappeared from my phone and been told to switch to billpay if I want to avoid this problem. Yeah right, I'll be switching to a different network as soon as I can afford to.

Yep, I know all that and was also told all that over the phone and by e-mail by o2.

If I use the internet on my phone, which is very rare, I only use wifi.

I was told by the person in o2 that there is still a basic charge and this is applied daily.

I can't remember what they said the basic charge was for, I'm sure I asked them but i just can't remember what they said. I did ask if there was a way of getting rid of that basic charge and the person i spoke to said no. Oh well, just going to switch networks as soon as possible.

• Advertisement

PAYG. No add-ons apart from free calls and texts if i top up by 20euro and this daily charge.

As soon as I have the money I'm switching networks. Might try meteor next...

Advertisement