Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€40 credit gone in one day on o2!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭omen80

It's totally your own fault OP. Grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Yep, never heard of any daily charge on PAYG - are you sure it isnt a reoccuring text message that is coming to your phone daily from some subscription service you signed up to?

I really done understand how so many people (a good few on this post) arent aware of what they are paying or have paid for when it comes to mobile phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I suspect theres something using data on the phone that they are not aware of. I'd look up what the charges are but its impossible to find anything on O2's website. I couldn't find anything on Prepaid data anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

DavidBowie wrote: »
    I HATE o2!!!!

Okay i have an X10i touchscreen phone and topped it up by €40 yesterday,
    All ready to go! I set up my free texts to any network and was ready to go!!

However!!

Today i went over my daily 50mb poxy pre pay daily allowance and didn't realise until the internet stopped working.
    I checked my credit and my balance is 0.00

For F**ks sake o2!
    You could send a text to warn people that they have reached there limit or just stop the net for the day!!!!!!!

I'm raging!

I had an iPhone on o2 2 years ago and had the exact same problem,now it's strange that i moved to meteor and NEVER went over my limit!

I only bought the x10! yesterday and it was locked to o2 and here we go again!!

X10i is now up for sale and i am TOTALLY boycotting o2 and warning everyone too..

I'm sorry if i come across as annoyed...BUT I AM!!

Any one else have this problem???

I love stupid people, they keep my costs lower by paying crazy prices for sweet f all

• Advertisement

uppishhauk wrote: »
    afraid not,
    with PAYG its 2c for every Kb you go over which works out as €20.48 per Mb
    with bill pay its 2c for every Mb you go over

Isn't meteor 67c a day or something like that, i'm nearly sure it is

ingen wrote: »
    you were robbed. mobile networks charge over the top for data usage.

thats how they make money, from unsuspecting people, its a joke. we have the same sort of regulation that we had on the banks, in the telecoms/broadband area.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

If O2 don't (or didn't) have warnings, it can only be they don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Isn't meteor 67c a day or something like that, i'm nearly sure it is
    69c as said above. 69c is the minimum charge.

I got stung with over €400 worth of data charges for using 20Mb with Meteor (before the 69c came in). Yes, I was to blame, but they capped it to €50+vat after a fight as not everyone is a know-it-all and can make mistakes.

The reason they cap it is because there is no justification for the ridiculous charge of €20.48 per Mb and they offered no warning that I had ran a bill up that was 20 times my usual amount. They certainly couldn't justify it to me, so they didn't even get the €50+vat off me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

cast_iron wrote: »
    I got stung with over €400 worth of data charges for using 20Mb with Meteor

Now that is criminal. €400 for 20 measily Mega-f***ing-bytes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭O2_Sheena

Just a little advice from reading the thread here, you can monitor your daily data usage on O2.ie in the My O2 section, or by dialing *113#.

pixiebean22, there really shouldn't be any daily charge, if you PM your number I can take a look but I would guess that it is the phone checking for emails/updates etc. I can bar data from our side if you like, which means you could only connect through WiFi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Dinge

BostonB wrote: »
    If O2 don't (or didn't) have warnings, it can only be they don't care.

Or that they'd like to screw you some more. Their data packages are dreadful. If you go online with PAYG it's 99c a day. The basic billpay package is €45 per month and they give you an oh so generous 500mb per month. The only language O2 understands is the sound of customers walking away.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Dinge wrote: »
    Or that they'd like to screw you some more. Their data packages are dreadful. If you go online with PAYG it's 99c a day. The basic billpay package is €45 per month and they give you an oh so generous 500mb per month. The only language O2 understands is the sound of customers walking away.

You'ew obviously not familiar with the other providers options either by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

a 50mb limit a day is a joke anyways and then to not know how much you have used up is even worse .why don't o2 offer better add-ons for their pre pay customers?same goes for vodafone meteor they all rob you for data usage in this day and age with smartphones etc everyone would need at least 2GB a month not 50mb a day for 99c what a ripp off..same goes for vodafone and meteor useless with data add ons for pre paid customers.even tesco mobile have 1GB for 30days is 7euro at least they are offering this o2 vodafone and meteor are in ireland alot longer than tesco mobile and yet they havn't bothered their arse to do something good for their customers also btw i requested that the rep of tesco here bring in this new 1GB add on and he did a week later it was on their website at least they listen to customers how long have people been at o2 voda meteor for data add ons and have not got them?thank god im with 3 and tesco mobile :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

:mad:
    Absolute rip, they took me for about €8 last night.

I had a few quid credit & went online for the €1 for 50 mb OR 1 day, whichever limit I hit first & that was on thursday. Yesterday I went online again & went over 50mb, (70mb combined total over 2 days) I was fully aware I was over the first 50 & assumed it would take another €1 for another 50mb. Another day, another 50mb or so i thought :rolleyes:

Now some of you smart arses will tell me I shouldn't be assuming things, but NOWHERE when I agreed to this (text agreement) was I told I'd be raped for €1 per mb over 50mb, I couldn't find it on their website either so had to ring them & ask them to find why I was getting robbed, they refunded me €3.50 as a sign of good faith :rolleyes:

If anyone from o2 has anything to say to me, don't bother, I'll be gone monday...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

whitesands wrote: »
    :mad:
    Absolute rip, they took me for about €8 last night.

I had a few quid credit & went online for the €1 for 50 mb OR 1 day, whichever limit I hit first & that was on thursday. Yesterday I went online again & went over 50mb, (70mb combined total over 2 days) I was fully aware I was over the first 50 & assumed it would take another €1 for another 50mb. Another day, another 50mb or so i thought :rolleyes:

Now some of you smart arses will tell me I shouldn't be assuming things, but NOWHERE when I agreed to this (text agreement) was I told I'd be raped for €1 per mb over 50mb, I couldn't find it on their website either so had to ring them & ask them to find why I was getting robbed, they refunded me €3.50 as a sign of good faith :rolleyes:

If anyone from o2 has anything to say to me, don't bother, I'll be gone monday...

O2 have some of the poorest data packages. 3 offer unlimited mobile data as part of a 20 EUR 30 day top up bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭lonelywanderer

Fungus wrote: »
    O2 have some of the poorest data packages. 3 offer unlimited mobile data as part of a 20 EUR 30 day top up bundle.

Moving to 3 from Meteor myself for this very reason :D

DavidBowie wrote: »
    Ginger a warning wouldn't go astray!

Comreg will no doubt look into this at some stage..

hopefully not, i want prices to stay low for smart people

• Advertisement
Advertisement