Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A.C. Milan V Spurs Tuesday 15th skysports

• 13-02-2011 8:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

AcMilandLogo_2.jpgVtottenham-hotspur.png

This is a huge match for the club and with VDV Modric and Bale all doubtful could be a very very difficult one Jenas is suspended so it looks like Sandro and Wilson could pair up in midfield with Lennon on the right pieenar out left and Niko behind Crouch I have a feeling that we will need to score to keep any hopes of progressing.

gomes
    Charlie---Gallas----daws----benny

lennon---sandro---palacios---pienaar
    niko
    crouch

Difficult match Think it's on TV3 aswell

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

A h give us the crests and a bit more jazz considering the importance of this game for Spuds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

killer that the 3 musketeers are all doubtful:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

dahat wrote: »
    A h give us the crests and a bit more jazz considering the importance of this game for Spuds
    I would but I'm on my phone :( will update later :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Milan have been playing great football this season. Probably the most watchable team in Europe at the moment excluding Barca. Zlatan has lost a bit of goalscoring form but Robinho has made up for it. I think Cassano is cup tied. I fully expect Milan to win the tie.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

comfortable home win I would say.

• Advertisement

Home win for a complete demolition of London teams in the CL this week...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

1-0 to Milan me thinks. We've played far better teams in the PL all season and havn't been beaten by more than 2 against any of them. If we keep the gap within 2 I reckon we'll have too much for them at the Lane. I remember a similar bunch of people writing us off against the rigning Euro Champs and we all remember hhow that panned out;)

Home win for a complete demolition of London teams in the CL this week...........
    Bitter much?

THFC wrote: »
    Bitter much?

why would i be bitter?

why would i be bitter?
    A certain former Spurs player springs to mind...

• Advertisement

A certain former Spurs player springs to mind...

Who?
    We have no bitterness.............

Who?
    We have no bitterness.............
    Berba. Seems to have inspired a fiersome hatred for Spurs in the SF...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I can only presume you are not surprised by that.

Berba. Seems to have inspired a fiersome hatred for Spurs in the SF...

Not from me,I like Spuds,to see them punch above there weight is good.
    Ongoing competitive soccer week in week out,EPL/CL will find them out eventually.
    The good players they have will get bored and Modric will come to his new home in manchester to fill the void left by scholes!

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I can only presume you are not surprised by that.

valuable point ye got yday shamo to keep ya in the hunt for TOP 4:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I hate Milan, but really hate spurs more. Never thought I'd say this, but FORZA ME-LAN!

Spurs need to be put back in their box

Paparazzo wrote: »
    I hate Milan, but really hate spurs more. Never thought I'd say this, but FORZA ME-LAN!

Really why dislike spurs more?

BERBA wrote: »
    valuable point ye got yday shamo to keep ya in the hunt for TOP 4:D

one game at a time fella, you could learn alot from that.

Not from me,I like Spuds,to see them punch above there weight is good.
    Ongoing competitive soccer week in week out,EPL/CL will find them out eventually.
    The good players they have will get bored and Modric will come to his new home in manchester to fill the void left by scholes!
    Em.. no he won't. If he goes anywhere it will to be Barca. But he won't be going anywhere, he's probably the most committed player we have. VDV won't be going anywhere either, he's too old for the price we'd put on him. Bale may go, but at least we'll get 50million+ for him:D:D

Em.. no he won't. If he goes anywhere it will to be Barca. But he won't be going anywhere, he's probably the most committed player we have. VDV won't be going anywhere either, he's too old for the price we'd put on him. Bale may go, but at least we'll get 50million+ for him:D:D

Bale is a goner in everyones book,not to us though,ye will get 35/38 million for him
    VDV will stay,he wants an easy life where pressure is non existant,at a marquee club he wouldnt last.
    Modric,not every player can join Barca plus Barca will buy Fab,they have money problems too co buying 2 marquee players is out i reckon..I think he is the ideal player to replace Scholes and am wishing he comes to test himself at the highest level year in year out.

• Advertisement

Paparazzo wrote: »

Spurs need to be put back in their box

West Ham did so already this week :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think I might watch this ahead of the Barca game if VDV and Bale are playing. Could be a really exciting tie.

West Ham did so already this week :D

wait for the we didn't want it anyway:rolleyes:

Bale is a goner in everyones book,not to us though,ye will get 35/38 million for him
    VDV will stay,he wants an easy life where pressure is non existant,at a marquee club he wouldnt last.
    Modric,not every player can join Barca plus Barca will buy Fab,they have money problems too co buying 2 marquee players is out i reckon..I think he is the ideal player to replace Scholes and am wishing he comes to test himself at the highest level year in year out.
    VDV would easily start for every team in the PL, he'd stroll onto the United team. United fans seem to be obssessed with Luka, unfortunately ye'll never get up, especially with the Glazers running ye into the ground. Is it 1.2 billion ye were in debt recently?? I'd be more worried about that than ye're over-reliance on ageing players tbh.

PHB wrote: »
    I think I might watch this ahead of the Barca game if VDV and Bale are playing. Could be a really exciting tie.
    They're on different nights.

VDV would easily start for every team in the PL, he'd stroll onto the United team. United fans seem to be obssessed with Luka, unfortunately ye'll never get up, especially with the Glazers running ye into the ground. Is it 1.2 billion ye were in debt recently?? I'd be more worried about that than ye're over-reliance on ageing players tbh.

Fergie knew VDV was available,didnt buy,VDS would have had a good line of the in's and outs of VDV dont forget.......

Yes we are in debt,who isn't?

Over reliance on ageing players?
    Giggs and Scholes,2 players...
    Yes Giggs has solved a few puzzles for us this year,so be it,we have his replacement on the way,done deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Spurs will go through IMO, but I expect AC to win this leg by one goal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Cassano isn't in the CL squad.

Oh poo, we will just have to play the 21 year old with 45 goals in 91 games, which, as a matter of interest, is a serie a record for a player 21 or under.

We should win this game, not an easy game, but we should win it all the same.

Anyone with any Milan knowledge like to hazard a guess at their team?

• Advertisement

Fergie knew VDV was available,didnt buy,VDS would have had a good line of the in's and outs of VDV dont forget.......

Yes we are in debt,who isn't?

Over reliance on ageing players?
    Giggs and Scholes,2 players...
    Yes Giggs has solved a few puzzles for us this year,so be it,we have his replacement on the way,done deal.
    Rio, VDS, Scholes + Giggs. Vidic, Berba and Evra aren't exactly spring bunnies either. Plenty of clubs are in debt, most of it is managed debt tho, United's clearly isn't, if the Glazers don't leave within the next 2 years ye're in serious trouble.

The team that played yesterday was:

Abbiati

Oddo, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Antonini;

Gattuso Van Bommel Merkel

Seedorf

Ibrahimovic Cassano

MvB and Cassano are cup tied.

I'd expect this to be honest.

Abbiati

Oddo - Nesta - Thiago Silva - Antonini

Flamini - Gattauso - Merkel

Robinho

Ibrahimovic Pato

Wouldn't be surprised to see someone else at right back, I think Abate is close to fitness, so if he is fit I think he might play.

Other thing that might happen is Seedorf playing in the middle instead of Merkel.
    If I were spurs, I'd hope for that.

Even with all our injuries and having 3 players cup tied, we are a better team than spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Rio, VDS, Scholes + Giggs. Vidic, Berba and Evra aren't exactly spring bunnies either. Plenty of clubs are in debt, most of it is managed debt tho, United's clearly isn't, if the Glazers don't leave within the next 2 years ye're in serious trouble.

I'll think you'll find they are in serious trouble as is never mind 2 years.

Anyway i can see Spurs do well in this game if they play with the same high tempo as the did againest Inter. It's actually been nice to see one of the English sides outside the usual suspects get into the knockout stages and i hope Spurs can go all the way to the final. My prediction is a 1-0 win for Milan in the first leg with Spurs to go through over the two legs.

Seaneh wrote: »

Abbiati

Seedorf

Ibrahimovic Cassano

Abbiati

Robinho

Ibrahimovic Pato

Wouldn't be surprised to see someone else at right back, I think Abate is close to fitness, so if he is fit I think he might play.

Other thing that might happen is Seedorf playing in the middle instead of Merkel.

Even with all our injuries and having 3 players cup tied, we are a better team than spurs.

a lot of golden oldies in that milan team that can be got at , high tempo game at the Lane will sort em , losing by 1 goal in Milan wouldnt be the end of the world for us.

Seaneh wrote: »

Abbiati

Seedorf

Ibrahimovic Cassano

Abbiati

Robinho

Ibrahimovic Pato

Is van Bommel not cup tied don't know how many injuries ye have but we are missing a good few first choice players as well but I'd be disappointed if we don't give you a tough match we have been very resilient this year long may it continue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Rumour has it Bale will be fit for Tuesday.

• Advertisement

BERBA wrote: »
    a lot of golden oldies in that milan team that can be got at , high tempo game at the Lane will sort em , losing by 1 goal in Milan wouldnt be the end of the world for us.

There are 4 out field players in the team over 30...

One of which is cup tied and one of which probably won't play, so that leaves Nesta who is still one of the top 3 centre backs in the world and Gattauso who still covers as much grass as he did 5 years ago.

Add to that the fact that we have of of the strongest attacks in the world and one of the stingiest defences and I reckon we should be beating teams like spurs...

Is van Bommel not cup tied?

Yes, which is why I said MvB and Cassano are cup tied...

We have about 8 or 9 injuries and Cassano, Emanuelson and van Bommel are all cup tied.

adox wrote: »

You've been reading the secret footballers tweets :p

Sorry Missed that bit about Van Bommel

adox wrote: »

I'd expect Abate to start so, he has the pace to cover Bale easily, where as Oddo, while a good tackler and one of the best crossers of the ball of any fullback, isn't exactly an olympic sprinter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

You've been reading the secret footballers tweets :p

Sorry Missed that bit about Van Bommel

Daniel Taylor tweet. :)

VDV has confirmed his fitness on twitter

• Advertisement

Milan Squad.

Abbiati, Amelia,

Abate,Antonini, Jankulovski, Legrottaglie, Nesta, Oddo, Papastathopoulos, Thiago Silva, Yepes,

Flamini, Gattuso, Merkel, Seedorf, Strasser,

Ibrahimovic, Pato, Robinho

My prediction.

Drum roll please.....

Abbiati

Abate--Nesta--Thiago Silva--Antonini

----Flamini----Gattuaso---Seedorf----

Robinho

Pato
    Ibrahimovic

I'd prefer to see Merkel start but I don't see it happening to be honest.

Outside chance.

Thiago Silva starts in centre mid instead of Seedorf and Yepes starts beside Nesta at centre back.

Further outside chance, the above happens but Seeford plays AMC with Robinho playing as a striker and Pato on the bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

3-1 or 4-2 Milan. Spurs can't defend and this will be shown up tomorrow night. Fully expect them to be tonked for the first 60 mins at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Is this on tomorrow night?

Should be a cracker. I can see AC bringing a lead to the lane. Expect Spurs to push them all the way though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭NWPat

SantryRed wrote: »
    3-1 or 4-2 Milan. Spurs can't defend and this will be shown up tomorrow night. Fully expect them to be tonked for the first 60 mins at least.

Yawn, nothling like a meaningless cliche to liven the debate.:rolleyes:

Since Dawson has returned we have been much better defensively.
    Least goals conceded in the league since his return actually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I have a feeling Milan will progress to the next round as I think that they're the better side, but I'm not going to go as far as writing Spurs off completely. They have a good squad a very good chance of progressing. Away goals could prove to be crucial, so if they don't score tomorrow night I'd fear for them.

Since Dawson has returned we have been much better defensively.
    Least goals conceded in the league since his return actually

Yes, the league.

The CL is a whole different kettle of fish. Every time I watched Spurs in the CL this season they had the attitude of we'll score more than them. This will not work against AC Milan. If they play 4-4-2 I fully expect them to be overwhelmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Bale confirmed out.

While Milan have some serious firepower, I have to say that they can be got at. Ibrahimovic has the reputation of bottling it at the highest level of the Champions League, so it's entirely possible that he will just give up if things aren't going his way. With Robinho too, there are question marks around his desire to play. If Spurs approach this right, and Milan don't, then they could easily get a result. If Milan turn up though, I suspect they'll win 3-0.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Yes, the league.

The CL is a whole different kettle of fish. Every time I watched Spurs in the CL this season they had the attitude of we'll score more than them. This will not work against AC Milan. If they play 4-4-2 I fully expect them to be overwhelmed.

It'll be 4-4-1-1 a good start is crucial can't start as slowly as we did against inter or we will be in trouble.

It'll be 4-4-1-1 a good start is crucial can't start as slowly as we did against inter or we will be in trouble.

Even with 4-4-1-1, VDV will have to play a lot deeper and clog up midfield. Lack of Bale is such a blow to Spurs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement