Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A.C. Milan V Spurs Tuesday 15th skysports

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭wexfordia

NWPat wrote: »
    yes, you are probably right, his parents must be very proud of their son attacking an old(ish) man in public. And i'm sure he will look back with pride at this incident when his playing days are over. :rolleyes:

You'd swear by the way you go on that Jordan didn't do anything to provoke it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Just because he said he fears Barca, but yet wondering why he wouldn't fear the team that would put them out?

tbh wishful thinking , barca will walk all over our dear neighbours

best chance of beating them is in a one off game and not 2 games

On that basis a final at wembley against em would be nice:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Apparently Gattuso's on his way back to the Gers next season,his OH's a jock.
    Should be fun to see himself and Diouf on the same team:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

He tried to take him out, watch it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Headshot wrote: »
    Im disappointed this match wasnt on RTE, love to see the Eamo's reaction :D

I'm disappointed this match was on TV3. No clock or score for the second half, and I was hoping the sound would go, all night. And 5 minutes of analysis per 10 minutes of ads after. If I wasn't so lazy I'd have gone looking for a stream.

A good dose of RTE2 HD for tomorrow's game will keep me happy.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

HAHAHAHA GATTUSO HATE THAT

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Yepes made a balls of that one on one with Lennon, he should of just taken him out and get sent off, at least take one for the team

He tried to take him out, watch it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

A rugby tackle would of done it :D

Na seriously it was a pathetic attempt of trying to take a player out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Just because he said he fears Barca, but yet wondering why he wouldn't fear the team that would put them out?
    Fair enough I suppose, but I doubt we'll ever fear them under any circumstances tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

As they showed when United dealt with them with absolute ease last season, Meelan are a poor outfit. They were pedestrian, uninspired, and listless with and without the ball. A very poor advert for Serie A that a one man team is heading the table so comfortably. Typically, they resorted to nastiness and petulance when things weren't going their way.

Its Spurs' to throw away now. I hope they finish the job at WHL, the competition will be all the better for their progression and Meelan's absence. Fair play to them for having the balls to go to the Siro and play on the front foot and to do so without Modric, Bale and Defoe is very impressive. I'm happy for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

THFC wrote: »
    Fair enough I suppose, but I doubt we'll ever fear them under any circumstances tbh.

Well, that's what a good rivalry should be about.

Would love to see you and the auld enemy face off in the Champions League tho!

Also Gattusso, LOL. Joe Jordan eats little men like him for breakfast. Small man syndrome at its worst. He's finished.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Also Gattusso, LOL. Joe Jordan eats little men like him for breakfast. Small man syndrome at its worst. He's finished.

Gattuso didn't seem too afraid of Joe Jordan from what I could see :D What is it with football in this part of the world ? We seem to think that we have some sort of monopoly on toughness :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

My dislike for BERBA's annoying posts is nothing in comparison to the hatred I have for Gatusso. Sweet Jesus but the man is a disgrace. Absolutely pathetic.

Well done Spurs.

wexfordia wrote: »
    Gattuso didn't seem too afraid of Joe Jordan from what I could see :D What is it with football in this part of the world ? We seem to think that we have some sort of monopoly on toughness :rolleyes:

Joe Jordan would bayte the lugs off Gattusso. No contest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Do you really think gattuso is a hardman?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,572 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Tomorrow's headlines will contain 'Head' and 'Jordan', not the first time I think.

PS....well done Spurs. Great performance and victory!

I'm gonna state the obvious : Its only half time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

BERBA wrote: »

You'll be bookmarking that post so that if ye get beaten in the next leg, you'll have your safety net.

Do you really think gattuso is a hardman?

Yes I think he is. Gattuso is no shrinking violet that's for sure :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The ammountof bollocks being talked in here is hilarious.

Milan were crap.
    Gattauso was a disgrace, so was Jordan.
    He'll be banned for the next 5 CL games at least and rightfully so.

Flamini should have been sent off.

But spurs were pretty **** too.
    It was aterrible game to watch, the ref bottled several times.

Everyone seems to be forgetting the first half where Dawson lead with an elbow into the back of Ibrahimovic's head, which was a clear penalty.
    I don't for one second think Dawson meant to hurt him or was being malicious but according to the rules, it's a penalty.

Yepes was shocking for the goal. Seedorf should never start for Milan again.

Gattauso being out for the next game and Ambrosini and KPB being fit is a massive help for Milan.

Seedorf is so ineffective in the #10 role, it's a good think he;s off in the summer.

Again tonight we showed that when Pirlo doesn't play we are a much worse team.

Milan are a one player team at times, but the player we rely on most isn't Ibrahimovic, it's Pirlo, atleast in the League we can start Cassano and that's makes up for it, but we have no one to replace him in the champions league.

The skysports fans in here need to pull themselves together, spurs were pretty **** too, it was a dire match, it's the worst Milan have played all season and in all honesty, spurs were lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Im disappointed this match wasnt on RTE, love to see the Eamo's reaction :D

Should get a reaction tomorrow which will be interesting. Just as a side hope everyone enjoyed the match couldn't post till now but it was a huge win and well deserved Sandro looks like he really could be the real deal.

Thanks for the support from the neutrals as well all is welcome :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

You'll tear them to shreds at the lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Seaneh wrote: »
    The skysports fans in here need to pull themselves together, spurs were pretty **** too, it was a dire match, it's the worst Milan have played all season and in all honesty, spurs were lucky.

I disagree.

I enjoyed the match, thought Spurs did fairly well, and deserved to win the game, no luck involved.

If anything, Milan were lucky to finish with 11 men instead of 9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Milan were crap.

Everyone seems to be forgetting the first half where Dawson lead with an elbow into the back of Ibrahimovic's head, which was a clear penalty.
    I don't for one second think Dawson meant to hurt him or was being malicious but according to the rules, it's a penalty.

Gattauso being out for the next game and Ambrosini and KPB being fit is a massive help for Milan.

Seedorf is so ineffective in the #10 role, it's a good think he;s off in the summer.

Milan are a one player team at times, but the player we rely on most isn't Ibrahimovic, it's Pirlo, atleast in the League we can start Cassano and that's makes up for it, but we have no one to replace him in the champions league.

I disagree I think we performed today in a manner we have often been criticised for doing when we had to we dug deep absorbed the pressure and broke when we had to Milan were second best tonight IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yeah I saw that one. Laughed when the commentators didn't even mention it.

Then again, it was a definite handball 2 minutes in, so I guess it balanced out. Either way, I think everyone agrees that the ref was ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Milan were crap.

Is that you mike summerbee ?

Milan were crap.

That you Gattuso?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Milan were crap.

Spurs weren't ****e, they were the better team overall and deserved to win, as for penalties they should have had one in the first minute.How was Jordan a disgrace? Gattuso was the only disgrace out there tonight well Flamini was as well, Milan were shocking and got what they deserved tonight, Nothing.

No point asking Seaneh to be any way rational when it comes to his beloved Meelan. He's the most biased poster I've seen post on this forum. Gotta love the "Sky Sports fan" jibe. The last great defence of the Serie A fanboy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Spurs were pretty poor (find it hard to watch a game with Crouch in it) but Milan were even worse. Two sh*t enough sides but Spurs just deserved to win it in the end. Seedorf was woeful, put a halt to every play.

I can't believe you lot can't even admit it was a **** game.
    It's like reading back pages pof the fecking sun or something.

"Spurs play like Brazil in epic demolition" is what it's translating to.

scrappy goal from bad defensive error and a stone wall penalty denied and you are acting like you won 6-0, had 75% possession and played like Barca in full flow.

Milan will have a stronger first team in 2 weeks, their biggest liability tonight is suspended and our captain will be fit.
    This game is far from over.

flahavaj wrote: »
    No point asking Seaneh to be any way rational when it comes to his beloved Meelan. He's the most biased poster I've seen post on this forum. Gotta love the "Sky Sports fan" jibe. The last great defence of the Serie A fanboy.

It's Milan, not Meelan.

hth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Joe Jordan would eat Gattuso for breakfast ? Is that why he hid behind others when mouthing off to Gattuso :confused:

You're obviously a fountain of football knowledge.

Renn wrote: »
    Spurs were pretty poor (find it hard to watch a game with Crouch in it) but Milan were even worse. Two sh*t enough sides but Spurs just deserved to win it in the end. Seedorf was woeful, put a halt to every play.
    Pa hahahahahahhahaahhahahahaha

I think it's safe to assume what you are! Now off you trot like a good lad.

I disagree I think we performed today in a manner we have often been criticised for doing when we had to we dug deep absorbed the pressure and broke when we had to Milan were second best tonight IMO.

You played like Bolton under Big Sam.

Milan just happened to play like Ireland under Trapatoni.

scrappy goal from bad defensive error and a stone wall penalty denied and you are acting like you won 6-0, had 75% possession and played like Barca in full flow.

Milan will have a stronger first team in 2 weeks, their biggest liability tonight is suspended and our captain will be fit.

Seaneh your better than Seedorf! , he'll come in for Gattuso in the 2nd leg ? that correct , great:D

by the way Bale should be back:p

THFC wrote: »
    Pa hahahahahahhahaahhahahahaha

I think it's safe to assume what you are! Now off you trot like a good lad.

Calm down there.

I was talking about tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Your humility in defeat is endearing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

You were the home team and in the first half could barely get out of your own half, Spurs dominated the first half and played very well, should have had a peno on the first minute too.

Second half Milan were the better side and unlucky not to score but Spurs held firm and scored a lovely goal on the counter. It was a great away performance by Spurs, they couldn't have asked for much better.

If Milan play like they did tonight Spurs will murder them at WHL. I don't like Spurs and hoped they would lose tonight :D but after what Milan were at tonight I hope they get hammered at the lane.

You played like Bolton under Big Sam.

Milan just happened to play like Ireland under Trapatoni.
    I really have to stop coming into match threads after the match has finished. The shíte people come up with is laughable. I think this thread should be locked, the amount of grade F WUMs in here is becoming unbearable..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

It's a shame to see an AC Milan player having to resort to the stuff Gattuso was up to when the real truth of the matter is he got nothing off Palacios nor Sandro all night.
    To say Spurs were ****ty tonight is pretty disrespectful,they had the midfield intheir pocket first half,and when Miiiiilan tried to make a scrap out of it in the second,they beat them at that game too by defending well and hitting them decisively on the counter.
    As`said it's only half time,but take nothing away from Spurs,Milan deserved absolutely nothing from this game

Renn wrote: »
    Calm down there.

I was talking about tonight.
    Ah, apoligies, dont think we were shíte though. In fairness we were missing 4 starters yet people are only pointing to Milan's missing players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Milan were crap.

Are people not allowed to enjoy a cracking performance from Spurs because it was a low scoring game? Tactically Redknapp got it spot on and each and every one of the Spurs players were top notch. In the 2nd half they set out to contain AC and hit them on the counter attack. They did this admirably and got what they came for.

That Sky Sports jibe is a bit rich when you're saying it's a dire match, probably because it hasn't finished 5-5.

Some people enjoy a solid defensive performance just as much as an end-to-end attacking game.

We will have a far stronger team in two weeks.

• Advertisement

Seaneh your better than Seedorf! , he'll come in for Gattuso in the 2nd leg ? that correct , great:D

by the way Bale should be back:p

Seedorf WAS a great player.

Now he's one paced, has no vision, no guile and is lazy. He's a liability.

I'd be very surprised if he played in the next game.
    In the last month and a half he lost his place to an 18 year old and only played ahead of him tonight because of experience, which was fat lot of use to anyone.

He lost the ball every time he had it.

When Pato came on and Robinho dropped back to #10 Milan looked a lot better, but still played ****.

I've admitted several times Milan didn't deserve to win, but neither did spurs.

If I was a neutral watching this match I'd have turned off at half time or switched to the other channel to watch the Schalke vs Valencia match.

Johner wrote: »
    Spurs weren't ****e, they were the better team overall and deserved to win, as for penalties they should have had one in the first minute.How was Jordan a disgrace? Gattuso was the only disgrace out there tonight well Flamini was as well, Milan were shocking and got what they deserved tonight, Nothing.

That is a load of rubbish. Joe Jordan knew well what he was doing and Gattuso stupidly retaliated.

Obv I enjoy a good solid defensive performance (see some Inter games last year) but I don't think I could ever watch this one again. Well, not that first half anyway.

we were missing 3 of our 4 first choice midfielders tonight and still outclassed ya

Paully D wrote: »
    You're obviously a fountain of football knowledge.

Great contribution there :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement