Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A.C. Milan V Spurs Tuesday 15th skysports

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Might not agree with everything Seaneh is saying here but I agree with 99% of it. Definitely about switching the channel at half time, wish I'd done that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Gattuso was captain as well. Funny seeing him blow a gasket.

Although there's a big difference between a real headbutt and a soccer headbutt

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

BERBA wrote: »
    we were missing 3 of our 4 first choice midfielders tonight and still outclassed ya

We played a centre back in midfield... so did you miss that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Seaneh wrote: »

If I was a neutral watching this match I'd have turned off at half time or switched to the other channel to watch the Schalke vs Valencia match.

Ah now we have it. You're a fair weather supporter. ;)

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Gattuso was captain as well. Funny seeing him blow a gasket.

Although there's a big difference between a real headbutt and a soccer headbutt

Yeah, should be removed from vice captain and it should be given to Nesta or Abbiati.
    Absolutely disgraceful tonight, as I have said how many times now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

We played a centre back in midfield... so did you miss that?

yere full backs are in for a nice night in 3 weeks time at the Lane , pop next door and ask Mr Maicon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

You played like Bolton under Big Sam.

Milan just happened to play like Ireland under Trapatoni.

LOL.

Away from home in the first leg of a big European tie, we played well in the first half, tried to work the ball into wide areas and get to the end-line before searching for Crouch. It's not as is we humped it from the back. Incidentally the tactic of seeking Crouch was working and I'm not sure why we didn't persist with it after the first 30 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Seedorf WAS a great player.

Now he's one paced, has no vision, no guile and is lazy. He's a liability.

I'd be very surprised if he played in the next game.
    In the last month and a half he lost his place to an 18 year old and only played ahead of him tonight because of experience, which was fat lot of use to anyone.

He lost the ball every time he had it.

When Pato came on and Robinho dropped back to #10 Milan looked a lot better, but still played ****.

I've admitted several times Milan didn't deserve to win, but neither did spurs.

If I was a neutral watching this match I'd have turned off at half time or switched to the other channel to watch the Schalke vs Valencia match.

On the basis that you conceded that Flamini [and presumably Gattuso based on your 5 match ban comment] should have been sent off and Milan down to 9 players, as should have been the case you can't really argue Spurs wouldn't have deserved the win. The penalty decisions cancel each other out tbh notwithstanding the officials were ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Nothing more than we deserved. Milan were no more challenging than a bottom half Premiership side.

Hope Gattuso gets the book thrown at him. Utter joke of a man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,572 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Tweeted by Oliver Kay of The Times:

Gattuso: "Jordan was busting my balls for the whole second half, but I should never have done what I did. There is no justification."

Interesting to see what Fifa/UEFA do now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

eZe^ wrote: »
    Joe Jordan is 60 mate, he'd get his ass handed to him by an aggressive athlete still in professional footballing shape. Maybe back in the day it would have been very different, but now it's essentially a disgruntled old man against a very angry professional athlete. I knew where my money would be. :p
    In your opinion.

I'd back Jordan if they ever got it on. Professional athlete makes no difference whatsoever. Maybe a speed advantage but he is so small that Jordan would pick him off from distance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Hopefully the arse falls out of Milans season now

adox wrote: »
    Ah now we have it. You're a fair weather supporter. ;)

I didn't say I did switch, but if I had no interest in the game, ie, was a neutral, I would have switched, as I said.

I've supported Milan for almost 20 years, most of it good, some of it dire, finishing outside the top 10 2 years running in the late 90's. second leg against Deportivo in 2004, second half against liverpool in 05, Calciopoli in 2006.
    I still spent money going to games and supporting Milan. I've detested the chairman for a long time, still support Milan.

Tonight was as bad as I've seen Milan play in a long, long time.

Gattauso was disgraceful, worst game I've ever seen him play for Milan and as good a servant as he has been, if he leaves this summer I'd not miss him after that.

eZe^ wrote: »
    Joe Jordan is 60 mate, he'd get his ass handed to him by an aggressive athlete still in professional footballing shape. Maybe back in the day it would have been very different, but now it's essentially a disgruntled old man against a very angry professional athlete. I knew where my money would be. :p

Totally disagree with this....Joe Jordan is 60 not 90.
    I remember him playing and he was as tough as nails.

I still reckon Jordan could have decked him and he showed remarkable restraint in not lashing out.

Find it laughable that people here are stating that 60 year old men here are past it and not capable of looking after themselves.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Tweeted by Oliver Kay of The Times:

Interesting to see what Fifa/UEFA do now.

It's odd, because Jordan was pretty popular in Milan when he was there, I wonder what he said that wound Gattauso up so much...

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭wexfordia

Totally disagree with this....Joe Jordan is 60 not 90.
    I remember him playing and he was as tough as nails.

I still reckon Jordan could have decked him and he showed remarkable restraint in not lashing out.

Find it laughable that people here are stating that 60 year old men here are past it and not capable of looking after themselves.

Remarkable restraint ? Did you miss what went before the headbutt ? :confused:

wexfordia wrote: »
    Remarkable restraint ? Did you miss what went before the headbutt ? :confused:

No, I didn't miss anything but Gatusso put his hand on his neck and one's normal reflex is to lash out when someone does that.

No matter what Jordan said Gatusso putting his hand on his neck and later headbutting him is indefensible in my book.

Gatusso showed his true colours in those incidents and also through his performance on the pitch so I don't see how people can criticise Jordan here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Ah come on, Gattuso was disgraceful but Jordan is hardly blameless? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

se7vk1.png

Did this lad even watch the match???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I watched it as a neutral.Flicked at half time to James Cordens fat head hosting the brits.Puked a small bit.Then went back to the game.Milan played like Blackburn on their flowers.Spurs owned you in your own back yard,and they will destroy you in the 2nd leg.

And I support Arsenal.

No, I didn't miss anything but Gatusso put his hand on his neck and one's normal reflex is to lash out when someone does that.

No matter what Jordan said Gatusso putting his hand on his neck and later headbutting him is indefensible in my book.

Gatusso showed his true colours in those incidents and also through his performance on the pitch so I don't see how people can criticise Jordan here.

If Joe Jordan said something provocative and unnecessary then he shouldn't be surprised if there is a reaction like Gattuso's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

eagle eye wrote: »
    In your opinion.

I'd back Jordan if they ever got it on. Professional athlete makes no difference whatsoever. Maybe a speed advantage but he is so small that Jordan would pick him off from distance.

No to mention all the conditioning in the world is useless against a man who wouldn't think twice about biting your nose off.:pac:

If Jordan had headbutted Gattuso, the schmall man would've thrown himself to the ground writhing in fake agony. Jordan never even flinched. Therein lies the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

flahavaj wrote: »
    No to mention all the conditioning in the world is useless against a man who wouldn't think twice about biting your nose off.:pac:

If Jordan had headbutted Gattuso, the schmall man would've thrown himself to the ground writhing in fake agony. Jordan never even flinched. Therein lies the difference.

Different era's too really; wouldn't have done in Jordans day to go down as is norm nowadays. Plus if he had of gone down I bet he'd never hear the end of it in the nursing home later on in life!

I watched it as a neutral.Flicked at half time to James Cordens fat head hosting the brits.Puked a small bit.Then went back to the game.Milan played like Blackburn on their flowers.Spurs owned you in your own back yard,and they will destroy you in the 2nd leg.

And I support Arsenal.

We had more possession, more shots, fewer fouls, 9 corners and should have scored at least one and yet we were owned?

Get a bloody clue.

We played cat, but spurs weren't exactly world class either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

If Joe Jordan said something provocative and unnecessary then he shouldn't be surprised if there is a reaction like Gattuso's.
    Bear in mind Gatusso flailed around like a child when he got a card

• Advertisement

So why was Gatusso near him at all for the first incident?

Why did Gatusso go looking for Jordan at the end of the match?

He was also having a go at Crouch all night.

Gatusso has always been like that and is obviously a sh1t stirrer who looks for trouble to cover up for his lack of football talent.

I really don't know why you are on here defending him.

Physically assaulting an opposing team's coach, no matter what provocation (that has not been proven) is inexcusable and he should have been sent off for the first incident.

I really hope the book is thrown at him otherwise we'll see it happening more often in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Save the "who'd win a fight between Joe Jordan and Gatusso" arguments for the schoolyard tomorrow, kids.

Somehow I doubt it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Save the "who'd win a fight between Joe Jordan and Gatusso" arguments for the schoolyard tomorrow, kids.
    Save your comments for under the bridge buddy.

We had more possession, more shots, fewer fouls, 9 corners and should have scored at least one and yet we were owned?

Get a bloody clue.

They didn't have to be. Just like United didn't have to be last year in brushing ye aside with contemptuous ease.

• Advertisement

No matter what was said, Gattauso is meant to be captain when ambrosini can't play, he represents the club and what he did and how he played tonight were unacceptable on every level.

He will get a lengthy ban and rightly so, he should lose his vice captaincy and to be honest I hope, baring injuries and suspensions, he doesn't start again this season.

He has been great until tonight this season but there is no excusing his display on the pitch or how he behaved.

I also think Jordan should be a touchline ban, but Gattauso has no excuse for shoving and then sticking his head in his face.

Somehow I doubt it :rolleyes:

It appears your analysis is as hopeless as your county's hurlers.

So why was Gatusso near him at all for the first incident?

Why did Gatusso go looking for Jordan at the end of the match?

He was also having a go at Crouch all night.

Gatusso has always been like that and is obviously a sh1t stirrer who looks for trouble to cover up for his lack of football talent.

I really don't know why you are on here defending him.

Physically assaulting an opposing team's coach, no matter what provocation (that has not been proven) is inexcusable and he should have been sent off for the first incident.

I really hope the book is thrown at him otherwise we'll see it happening more often in the game.

So provocation doesn't come into it at all then ? Curious attitude to hold :rolleyes: Perhaps some objectivity wouldn't go amiss here. Most Irish football fans just blindly follow the English game and are more than happy just to blame Gattusso for everything.

Why? This is the match discussion thread isn't it?

Why? This is the match discussion thread isn't it?

Exactly!

So provocation doesn't come into it at all then ? Curious attitude to hold :rolleyes: Perhaps some objectivity wouldn't go amiss here. Most Irish football fans just blindly follow the English game and are more than happy just to blame Gattusso for everything.

The "Serie A Fans Are Better Than You" defence again. What a loada boll*x.

It appears your analysis is as hopeless as your county's hurlers.

Such wit flahavaj :rolleyes:

No matter what was said, Gattauso is meant to be captain when ambrosini can't play, he represents the club and what he did and how he played tonight were unacceptable on every level.

He will get a lengthy ban and rightly so, he should lose his vice captaincy and to be honest I hope, baring injuries and suspensions, he doesn't start again this season.

He has been great until tonight this season but there is no excusing his display on the pitch or how he behaved.

I also think Jordan should be a touchline ban, but Gattauso has no excuse for shoving and then sticking his head in his face.

What do you know about Allegri's management style? It looked like he lit a fire under them at halftime and when you light fires under headcases like Gattuso, you get what you got tonight.

Really let themselves down with their behaviour when they were getting a foothold in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Didnt Cristiano Ronaldo push Pep Guardiola in a match a few months ago, did anything happen to him over that?

Dempsey wrote: »
    Didnt Cristiano Ronaldo push Pep Guardiola in a match a few months ago, did anything happen to him over that?

Yes. No.

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »

Don't try defend it, it just gives the plebs ammo, Gattauso was in the wrong either way.
    There's no logic to the idiocy on here, you know that by now.

What provocation are you on about?

How do you know what was said to him?

What violence did Jordan use?

Please show me proof of this provocation that caused poor old Gennaro to get violent?

He has previous in this regard?

He slapped his now team-mate in the face in CL in 2003 against Ajax and got sent off.

Also lost the head against Christian Poulsen in CL in 2005 after winning against Schalke.

I suppose now you'll tell me that he's just misunderstood?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Don't try defend it, it just gives the plebs ammo, Gattauso was in the wrong either way.

your a bad loser mate. Take it on the chin and admit ye were outclassed tonight by a 2nd string spurs midfield

What do you know about Allegri's management style? It looked like he lit a fire under them at halftime and when you light fires under headcases like Gattuso, you get what you got tonight.

Really let themselves down with their behaviour when they were getting a foothold in the game.

To be honest I'd say Gattauso doesn't need anyone to wind him up, he's his biggest influence.

The getting the crowd going, throwing himself about stuff is all him.
    Allegri has subbed him a few times this season when he's got that way, there was just nobody to bring on tonight...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'm not trying to defend Gattuso, just point out that someone has done it before and they got away with it. He fúcked himself up by trying to headbutt Jordan at the end of the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I hope the 2nd leg will have a thread like this again

full of win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Get a bloody clue.

World class wasn't necessary was it?

That's why I said "owned".

If Spurs second team beat you without flexing their muscles I don't think the amount of possession matters does it?

BERBA wrote: »
    your a bad loser mate. Take it on the chin and admit ye were outclassed tonight by a 2nd string spurs midfield

What game were you watching?

Outclassed how?

You didn't out play us, you got a lucky goal in a **** game.

Dear lord, you lot are ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Absolutely brilliant performance and result for spurs. Delighted for them and good luck to them.

The bitterness shown by certain Liverpool fans is just... well.... bitter.

Tottenham Hotspur took your place in the Champions league this year because they are the better team.

Deal with it.

Btw, goodluck tommorow night against sdkhscldkhd.

• Advertisement

What provocation are you on about?

How do you know what was said to him?

What violence did Jordan use?

Please show me proof of this provocation that caused poor old Gennaro to get violent?

He has previous in this regard?

He slapped his now team-mate in the face in CL in 2003 against Ajax and got sent off.

Also lost the head against Christian Poulsen in CL in 2005 after winning against Schalke.

I suppose now you'll tell me that he's just misunderstood?

Ah come on ! Jordan was in his face shouting something. Are you really going to tell me that it wasn't something offensive ? Gattuso was bang out of order I admit but Jordan hardly helped matters. Is it so hard for Premiership fans to accept that Joe Jordan may have said something unnecessary.

Advertisement