Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A.C. Milan V Spurs Tuesday 15th skysports

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Tactically Harry got it spot on tonight. Get the ball wide to Pienaar and Lennon and get it on Crouch's head when possible. Get Sandro and Palacios behind the ball when Milan have the ball and stay deep i.e. don't let Ibra or Robinho get in space behind.

The supposed 'elbow' by Dawson is a ridiculous claim IMO. Are we going to have footballers jumping with their arms down by their sides anymore? One players arm/elbow is always above anothers when they are competing for a high ball. Dawson had his eye on the ball all the way and won the header, I wouldn't be appealing for that if it was on me - it's just unfortunate clash.

Milan look so poor going forward. I should be surprised given who they are but I'm not because their midfield is so stale at the minute compared to when Pirlo (inj.) - Seedorf - Kaka (obviously not there anymore) - Gattuso were on the top of their game and they've failed to replace them. They've sat still, just like much of Italy, and now they're arguably the 4th best league in Europe in terms of strength.

You could argue that they had some great chances but it was mainly from set pieces and from a 35-year-old defender, Yepes.

Spurs will advance to the next round with a goal or two at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,572 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Seaneh wrote: »
    What game were you watching?

Outclassed how?

You didn't out play us, you got a lucky goal in a **** game.

Dear lord, you lot are ridiculous.

Score was 0-1.

Goal was by no means lucky.

Spurs did struggle a bit for a period in the 2nd half and then got a great goal on the break.

Perfect tactics with the injuries they had, and Milan didn't really threaten a whole lot accept for a couple of chances.

Don't know what game you were watching with your summary TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭wexfordia

Absolutely brilliant performance and result for spurs. Delighted for them and good luck to them.

The bitterness shown by certain Liverpool fans is just... well.... bitter.

Tottenham Hotspur took your place in the Champions league this year because they are the better team.

Deal with it.

Btw, goodluck tommorow night against sdkhscldkhd.

Who even mentioned Liverpool FC in this thread ? Your argument is just plain silly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

wexfordia wrote: »
    Ah come on ! Jordan was in his face shouting something. Are you really going to tell me that it wasn't something offensive ? Gattuso was bang out of order I admit but Jordan hardly helped matters. Is it so hard for Premiership fans to accept that Joe Jordan may have said something unnecessary.

When Zidane head butted Materazzi in the 2006 WC Final, he was blameless and Marco was a horible, horrible person who said nasty, hurtful things to poor little blameless Zizou.

There is no logic here...
    Don't even bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Who even mentioned Liverpool FC in this thread ? Your argument is just plain silly.

silly? go look at post 579 in this thread and come back to us:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

During and towards the end of the match in particular. You probably missed it, Wexford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

When Zidane head butted Materazzi in the 2006 WC Final, he was blameless and Marco was a horible, horrible person who said nasty, hurtful things to poor little blameless Zizou.

There is no logic here...
    Don't even bother.

You're actually making BERBA look decent tonight. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,572 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Ah come on ! Jordan was in his face shouting something. Are you really going to tell me that it wasn't something offensive ? Gattuso was bang out of order I admit but Jordan hardly helped matters. Is it so hard for Premiership fans to accept that Joe Jordan may have said something unnecessary.

I'm not on here defending the Premiership....has nothing to do with it.

You cannot prove what was said to him. I'm guessing that Jordan was saying something about his tackling and behaviour in the game.

Why was Gatusso at the sideline with him in the first place?

He was obviously looking for trouble....as always!

He is an experienced player and should know not to react to these situations and be going to sideline to have it out with an opposition's coach.

No matter what was said to him, he has no right to raise a hand, just like Zidane was wrong with head-butt in 2006 WC final and I really don't know why you are on here defending him.

Biggest mystery for me is how he didn't get at least a yellow card for first incident as Assistant ref was right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

BERBA wrote: »
    silly? go look at post 579 in this thread and come back to us:rolleyes:
    What post is that, I assume it's some tosspot??

:pac:

flahavaj wrote: »
    You're actually making BERBA look decent night. :pac:

And you're your usual clueless **** stirring self.

Have fun.

I actually couldn't give a toss about the loss, it's only football, but the drivel posted in here by you lot is borderline retarded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

I hate Spurs, Harry Redknapp, Joe Jordan and Aaron Lennon's stupid eye brow but well bloody done. Great achievement to win at the San Siro. Dull game but you deserved it. Bit of hysteria over Gattuso's rather soft head butt but Spurs fans should be glad it happened as it will probably mean the whole footballing world will be rooting for you at White hart Lane. And yeah I'm a Liverpool fan, but just because certain posters would like to think differently we all don't begrudge you a success that you deserved.

Still though, Forza Milan and all that come the 2nd leg :p

Have fun.

I actually couldn't give a toss about the loss, it's only football, but the drivel posted in here by you lot is borderline retarded.

Methinks he doth protest too much.

Seaneh" wrote: »

Take a look in the mirror, you actually think Spurs didn't deserve to win tonight :rolleyes:

Neither team deserved to win tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

I actually couldn't give a toss about the loss, it's only football

Bawahahahahahaha! You really shouldn't post in a football forum then.

And I'm just my usual clueless **** stirring self.

Have fun.

I actually couldn't give a toss about the loss, it's only football, but the drivel posted in here by me is borderline retarded.

You really shouldn't put yourself down like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Mr Summerbee , that you?:pac:

Tottenham took advantage of an old decrepid, and generally shít AC Milan, by using the pace of Lennon all night.

Redknapp got his tactics spot on, and they well and truly deserved to win tonight.

If you weren't so biased you might understand that, but howsever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

If you take the Joe Jordan incident out, Gattuso still acted like a little spoiled brat. Trying to provoke anyone who would come near him. AC were so petulant tonight I thought, and it really made me upset because class is something I associate with AC Milan. Flamini's tackle was awful, and then he kicks up a fuss? Bizzare.

Tottenham deserved their win, Lennon really installed a fear factor in the Milan defence and it was clear he would be integral to a goal.

m@cc@ wrote: »
    Bawahahahahahaha! You really shouldn't post in a football forum then.

I like football, I like playing it, I like watching it, I like going to games.
    I like Milan, I like when they win but my life doesn't crumble around me when the lose.

It's just a sport.

I like watching rugby, Like playing it, I like watching it, I like going to games.
    I like Ireland and Leinster,I like when they win but my life doesn't crumble around me when the lose.

It's just a sport.

Far too many people are far too hung up on sports teams winning and losing.

• Advertisement

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    If you take the Joe Jordan incident out, Gattuso still acted like a little spoiled brat. Trying to provoke anyone who would come near him. AC were so petulant tonight I thought, and it really made me upset because class is something I associate with AC Milan. Flamini's tackle was awful, and then he kicks up a fuss? Bizzare.

Tottenham deserved their win, Lennon really installed a fear factor in the Milan defence and it was clear he would be integral to a goal.

Having Silvio Berlusconi as Chairman, celebrating a Champions League win at half time in front of their opposition and their involvement in the Italian match fixing scandal means they're one of the more classless clubs around I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Don't try and exhalt yourself. Your petulance posts put you in the bracket with the average football fan.

Also, Van Der Vaart's almost wonder-chip made me do a sex wee.

I like Milan, I like when they win but my life doesn't crumble around me when the lose.

It's just a sport.

I like watching rugby, Like playing it, I like watching it, I like going to games.
    I like Ireland and Leinster,I like when they win but my life doesn't crumble around me when the lose.

It's just a sport.

Yeah, I bet you point this out all the time on the Serie A thread when Milan win.

It's just a sport.

It's just a sport.

''Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.''

I like Milan, I like when they win but my life doesn't crumble around me when they lose.

It's just a sport.

I like Ireland and Leinster,I like when they win but my life doesn't crumble around me when they lose.

It's just a sport.

How can you miss a y twice, once is understandable, but twice is just weird :pac:

Doesn't sound like you're much of a supporter then, if you don't care when your team loses.

Although by the way you're being very bitter tonight, I'd say you do care a bit more than you let on.

Having Silvio Berlusconi as Chairman, celebrating a Champions League win at half time in front of their opposition and their involvement in the Italian match fixing scandal means they're one of the more classless clubs around I'm afraid.

Berlu is a clown.

The second thing never happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

It's just a sport.

It's just a sport.

When united lose it effects my mood. When the giants lose it effects my mood. When tipp lose it infuriates me. Im Hung up on sport. It's a huge part of my life. I guess everybody is different tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

george-eating-popcorn.gif

• Advertisement

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    How can you miss a y twice, once is understandable, but twice is just weird :pac:

Doesn't sound like you're much of a supporter then, if you don't care when your team loses.

Although by the way you're being very bitter tonight, I'd say you do care a bit more than you let on.

I have had far worse typos than that in fairness...
    Is a bit odd alright...

I support them, I'm not obsessed.

p.s.
    Why is spell check telling me alright is misspelled?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Very disappointed in Gattuso. He could have at least twatted 'Arry while he was at it.

I was talking historically, the Van Basten's, Maldini's, Gullit's, Nesta's, Baresi's etc. Great club.

Anyone know why the AC players shirt numbering is similar to that of an NFL franchise?

Berlu is a clown.

The second thing never happened.

Djimi Traore and a few others said it did. And as I'm sure you know by watching Traore play, he never makes mistakes ;)

Why would they lie about it? They had just won the European Cup, they'd hardly feel any need to make Milan look any worse considering the manner of defeat.

Anyway I'm getting off topic, even if that second instance never happened, number uno and numbero, erm, three would still render Milan to not be one of the classiest around.

Le King wrote: »
    When united lose it effects my mood. When the giants lose it effects my mood. When tipp lose it infuriates me. Im Hung up on sport. It's a huge part of my life. I guess everybody is different tho.

Maybe, I get more annoyed when I lose a game I play myself to be honest.

When Ireland lose in soccer I get a bit annoyed sometimes.

But beyond that, honestly, I've watched Milan lose pretty heavily in the San Siro and walked away thinking "meh, was a good game".

I just like watching good football, tonight wasn't good football, in any way, shape or form.

Same with Rugby, the Ireland Italy match the other week, it was abysmal to watch for 60 minutes, like, infuriatingly bad, Ireland were gack, Italy just happened to be worse. I was revealed when Ro'G scored the drop goal but in all honesty, I'd have admitted Italy probably deserved a draw at least over the 80 minutes and if Ireland lost, they'd have deserved it, they were ****, but still should be beating teams like Italy.

I was talking historically, the Van Basten's, Maldini's, Gullit's, Nesta's, Baresi's etc. Great club.

Anyone know why the AC players shirt numbering is similar to that of an NFL franchise?

Oh yes, wonderful history and some true legends in the black and red shirt down the years.

Milan retire shirt numbers. Baresi's and Maldini's have both been retired, maybe more so they can't issue some of the regular numbers.

• Advertisement

I have had far worse typos than that in fairness...
    Is a bit odd alright...

I support them, I'm not obsessed.

p.s.
    Why is spell check telling me alright is misspelled?!

Yeah it's debated in different english speaking countries whether it's all right or alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Djimi Traore and a few others said it did. And as I'm sure you know by watching Traore play, he never makes mistakes ;)

Why would they lie about it? They had just won the European Cup, they'd hardly feel any need to make Milan look any worse considering the manner of defeat.

Anyway I'm getting off topic, even if that second instance never happened, number uno and numbero, erm, three would still render Milan to not be one of the classiest around.

Benitez probably made it up as part of a rousing halftime teamtalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

It's just a sport.

It's just a sport.

After reading the last few pages and then getting to that post I actually LOL'ed for real.

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Benitez probably made it up as part of a rousing halftime teamtalk.

I heard he painted a Scotland flag on his face and shouted Freedom a bunch of times.

3 and 6 are retired, the 3 jersey will be given to Maldini's son if he ever plays for the first team (apparently there is a good chance of that, would be pretty cool to have 3 generations of one family play for the club).

Robinho and Yepes are the only ones with a high number for no reason.

Everyone else just has the number they were given as youth players (ambrosini, abbiati, antonini, abate etc)

There are no current#2 or #5 for some reason.
    MvB is #4...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

BERBA wrote: »
    No , sure havent we rattled their cage at the emirates not so long ago:D
    THFC wrote: »
    Not trying to be disrespectful but in fcuk would we fear Arsenal???????

I know this is OT but in know way can I let this go. Arsenal are a better side than Spurs, there shouldnt even be any doubt in this, so there would be some fear if we knocked out Barcelona and then drew Spurs in the quarters. It took yas over 10 years to finally beat us in the league. Two wins in a row against us and a first champions league campaign and yas are acting like world beaters. :confused:

Anyway on topic, congratulations on the win tonight, no mean feat winning in Milan. Good luck in the second leg, hopefully we have such a result tomorrow evening.

3 and 6 are retired, the 3 jersey will be given to Maldini's son if he ever plays for the first team (apparently there is a good chance of that, would be pretty cool to have 3 generations of one family play for the club).Robinho and Yepes are the only ones with a high number for no reason.

Everyone else just has the number they were given as youth players (ambrosini, abbiati, antonini, abate etc)

There are no current#2 or #5 for some reason.
    MvB is #4...

I know, ive seen the slide tackle. ;)

I know, ive seen the slide tackle. ;)

Ah yes, the start of Seedorf's public decline.
    Dispossessed by an 8 year old.
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

3359u3b.gif

anyone notice pav's smirk at the start, what's up there

article-999-0D360A34000005DC-710_482x449.jpg

1156328210bellcrouch.jpg

_51283414_gattuso_jordan_460x260getty.jpg

You can picture 'Arry going ''Oiiii, get your fukcing hands off em'' :pac:

_51283414_gattuso_jordan_460x260getty.jpg

You can picture 'Arry going ''Oiiii, get your fukcing hands off em'' :pac:

You dont have to. Its a picture of 'Arry going "Oiii, gets your fukcing hands off em"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

gattuso's actions last night were disgraceful. It really made him out to be one of the biggest gobshites in football and tbh I hope the f**ker gets a nice lenghty ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

anyone notice pav's smirk at the start, what's up there
    Probably thought he was gonna see Gatusso destroyed

Link to 'Arry joing Souness, Redknapp and Stelling in the sky box after game.

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,12606_6755128,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Love the remarks of one or two people in this thread and indeed Souness in the Sky commentary Box saying that Gattuso was never a good player.

He may not be what he once was, but a few years ago, he was one of the best in the business in his position.

• Advertisement
Advertisement