Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A.C. Milan V Spurs Tuesday 15th skysports

1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

_51283414_gattuso_jordan_460x260getty.jpg

You can picture 'Arry going ''Oiiii, get your fukcing hands off em'' :pac:

Any wrestling fans think he's paying homage to The Undertaker??

Delighted to see Spurs making a go of it in the CL. After you did us a huge favour when you beat Chelsea and Arsenal towards the end of last season, I said I'd be rooting for yiz this season. Absolutely delighted for yiz.

Good goal too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Any wrestling fans think he's paying homage to The Undertaker??
    CHOKESLAM!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

_51283414_gattuso_jordan_460x260getty.jpg

You can picture 'Arry going ''Oiiii, get your fukcing hands off em'' :pac:
    He should have done this,imagine Arrys puss then!!

theundertakerdoublechokip5.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

According to the Big Sam Joe Jordan stole a horse and went around Milan looking for Gattuso by screaming his name out!!:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Degag wrote: »
    Love the remarks of one or two people in this thread and indeed Souness in the Sky commentary Box saying that Gattuso was never a good player.

He may not be what he once was, but a few years ago, he was one of the best in the business in his position.

Nah, I'm with Souness on this (I don't think he said he was never a good player - just a dog and never great). I have said for ever that he is overrated.
    His problem is he is an "English style" player - go and grab the ball back and give it to one of the better players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

MaceFace wrote: »
    Nah, I'm with Souness on this (I don't think he said he was never a good player - just a dog and never great). I have said for ever that he is overrated.
    His problem is he is an "English style" player - go and grab the ball back and give it to one of the better players.

You mean like 95% of defensive midfielders?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

The Gattuso/Jordon incident seems to have completely overshadowed Flamini's disgraceful tackle. Not only the tackle, but pissing and moaning that he was being treated on the pitch while Flamini got away with a mind-boggling yellow card. Completely classless, and far worse an incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Seaneh wrote: »
    If I was a neutral watching this match I'd have turned off at half time or switched to the other channel to watch the Schalke vs Valencia match.

As a neutral, I really enjoyed the tactical battle. First 15 minutes Spurs just keep hoofing it up to Crouchy trying to work the knockdown. Then Milan got back into it a little, then Spurs went back to their game plan imo being the better first half team.

This lethargy from the first half changed when Milan came out and massively upped the tempo and the aggression in the second half, in an interesting attempt to change the game. By in large, it worked. Spurs weren't ready for it, and indeed one of their players went off injured because of it.

The match got incredibly scrappy for a while, and then Milan were the better team. Spurs then hit them on the counter attack and scored.

Sounds to me like a pretty ****ing good away performance in the knockout stages of the Champions League. Solid in defence. Variable in attack resulting in a goal.

Both teams had a dead cert penalty turned down. One team should have been reduced to nine players, one to ten. All in all, blaming the ref doesn't make much sense, because I think overall, he favoured Milan.

If you offered United that result and performance in the San Siro against Inter or AC, I would take it in a second.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Yup, Flamini should have walked. Gattuso should get a lengthy ban.
    Don't understand how Crouch didn't get booked for arms and elbows.

It goes to show how far Italian football has fallen, when one of the true aristocrats of the game is humiliated (by their actions if not the result) at home by Spurs.

Given that Jordan is a former Milan man, is it probable Redknapp had him wind up Gattuso to get him out of the return leg? Or am I just a suspicious neddy?

Given that Jordan is a former Milan man, is it probable Redknapp had him wind up Gattuso to get him out of the return leg? Or am I just a suspicious neddy?

He certainly had plenty to say anyway. I've no doubt he was winding Gattuso up the whole time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Question - Flamini got a yellow so I'm assuming no more will happen regarding that challenge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

SuprSi wrote: »
    Question - Flamini got a yellow so I'm assuming no more will happen regarding that challenge?
    I'm not sure if that's an FA rule or a Uefa rule.

I always thought Uefa could punish even if the referee took action.

Could be wrong though.

But even if they could, I doubt they'd do anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

It goes to show how far Italian football has fallen, when one of the true aristocrats of the game is humiliated (by their actions if not the result) at home by Spurs.

I know what you're trying to say but the fact of the matter is that the current holders of the cup is an Italian team. I think people are seeing a big gap between these two sides that really isn't there. Spurs slightly edged it last night in what was a pretty terrible game, with both sides weakened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

SuprSi wrote: »

From The Guardian:

No further action will be taken, however, against Milan's Mathieu Flamini, whose ugly two-footed challenge on Vedran Corluka was punished only by a yellow card. Europe's governing body said a tougher retrospective punishment could not be imposed. The Uefa spokesman said: "If he's been shown a card nothing can be done."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    I'm not sure if that's an FA rule or a Uefa rule.

I always thought Uefa could punish even if the referee took action.

Could be wrong though.

But even if they could, I doubt they'd do anything.

Well it's a world wide rule afaik.

I remember in world cup 06 Figo headbutted Van Bommel and got yellow.
    FIFA said nothing could be done.

Saying that, Ben Thatcher was banned for several games, retrospectively, for that challenge on Pedro Mendes. He had originally only seen a yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Zod told him to do it! :pac:

CW-Non-hand1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Well it's a world wide rule afaik.

I remember in world cup 06 Figo headbutted Van Bommel and got yellow.
    FIFA said nothing could be done.

Saying that, Ben Thatcher was banned for several games, retrospectively, for that challenge on Pedro Mendes. He had originally only seen a yellow.
    He was banned by the club though I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    He was banned by the club though I believe.

Originally he was suspended by City alright but then the FA banned him for 8 matches.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/5339964.stm

im absolutely sick of sky sports bloodly bias! souness was talking absolute nonsense and all this "spurs fully deserved to win" crap that each one of them was spurting out was ridiculous, fair enough spurs had the better of the first 20 mins but after that, especially in the second half Milan were camped in their ****in half and only a couple of world class saves kept them in it, pissed me right off:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

A.C. Milan badly missed Pirlo last night. Abate was weak in the 1st half and grew into the 2nd half. Ibra was poor at best.

Expect pato to start at White Hart Lane if hes fit, well done Spurs though, played perfect away team counter attack and got the result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

From The Guardian:

No further action will be taken, however, against Milan's Mathieu Flamini, whose ugly two-footed challenge on Vedran Corluka was punished only by a yellow card. Europe's governing body said a tougher retrospective punishment could not be imposed. The Uefa spokesman said: "If he's been shown a card nothing can be done."

Always thought that was a stupid rule, it should at least be reviewable if the decision was too harsh or lenient imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Dun laoire wrote: »
    Zod told him to do it! :pac:

CW-Non-hand1.jpg

That is Non, not Zod. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I'm glad we have Dawson back, it looks like a completely different defence when he is in there.

Fantastic result, looking forward to the game in White Hart Lane now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

gavredking wrote: »
    A.C. Milan badly missed Pirlo last night. Abate was weak in the 1st half and grew into the 2nd half. Ibra was poor at best.

Expect pato to start at White Hart Lane if hes fit, well done Spurs though, played perfect away team counter attack and got the result.

Pato has to start the next leg, Robinho was horrible in that game, i've never like him as a player but that performance was even worse than i expected. Ibra was poor too as was Seedorf for his half. Pato changed things and i was really impressed with Abate in the 2nd half, i really think this is far from over and anything can still happen in the next leg. What is the story with Pirlo will he be back for the return leg?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Are people that sure Pato changed that game? He may have added more tempo but he actually didn't touch the ball a whole lot.

What shifted the emphasis was the horror tackle on Corluka. Spurs seemed shook up after that and lost their heads abit, that's when Milan started to get more of the play. Not to mention Spurs having 10 players on the pitch at the time and then having Gallas at right back.

Well, he was in there instead of the ineffective Seedorf so in that sense yes, he did change the game. And he had a fair few touches too, linked up well with the other front two.

And Milan were getting at Spurs ten minutes before that awful tackle so that wasn't it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Italian coverage.

Goal reaction @ 4 mins 41 seconds.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im not a bit surprised to see Jordan involved in something like this.
    I was at the spurs game in Anfield last year and he was throwing verbals all game long at opposing players.
    I was on the front row near the dugout and everything about him was hostility.
    How he escapes i do not know, Gattuso said Jordan spent the whole second half swearing at him, no excuse but somehting should be done about Jordan mouthing in such a manner from the sideline imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

242710672.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1297886051&Signature=xJeiJir8Ss2wyxOtrQ0tl3JTTWs%3D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Dcully wrote: »
    Im not a bit surprised to see Jordan involved in something like this.
    I was at the spurs game in Anfield last year and he was throwing verbals all game long at opposing players.
    I was on the front row near the dugout and everything about him was hostility.
    How he escapes i do not know, Gattuso said Jordan spent the whole second half swearing at him, no excuse but somehting should be done about Jordan mouthing in such a manner from the sideline imo.

yeah thats possible, but Gattuso was clearly off his nut last night, when he punched the grass, lol.. wtf..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Gattuso is like a character out of the WWE, playing up to the crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Renn wrote: »
    Well, he was in there instead of the ineffective Seedorf so in that sense yes, he did change the game. And he had a fair few touches too, linked up well with the other front two.

And Milan were getting at Spurs ten minutes before that awful tackle so that wasn't it.

Milan had two corners and I don't think Pato had even touched the ball. VDV nearly scored a chip and then had a free kick before the Flamini challenge.

http://www.goal.com/en/match/54830/milan-vs-tottenham/play-by-play

Pato was involved in the game, no doubting that. And Yepes had a brilliant chance at the beginning of that half, probably got them going.

Advertisement