Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A.C. Milan V Spurs Tuesday 15th skysports

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Is KPB fit for Milan?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Is KPB fit for Milan?

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

As long as Spurs dont blow it in the first 20 mins they have a chance.

COYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Milan are no longer a glorious side.

The side that held a free-scoring Shevchenko, great Nesta and Maldini backline and a prime Pirlo-Gattuso is miles from this side. Inzaghi is old, Ibrahimvic is a bottle at the top level and Robinho can't play well outside Brazil for long intervals. They are no longer a top 5 side in the Champions League anymore.

Spurs can take it over the 2 legs, they can well get a result tonight.

I re-iterate my point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Meelan have some decent players but they're heavily over reliant on Ibrahimovic. If Spurs can find a way to keep him quiet in the away leg and get them back to WHL within touchin distance of them, I could see them actually doing this. Redknapp will actually have to use some tactical nouse in the away leg though, just letting them play their normal way won't cut it at this level.

All in all Spurs really shouldn't fear their opponents, they're nothing special at all IMO. I hope they do it tbh I think alot of the bitterness towards them is bsed upoen certain posters on here rather than any animosity towards the club. if you can put that aside, there's a lot to like about this Spurs team and it makes a nice change to see some new faces on the telly midweek. Good luck to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Probable Milan lineup according to Sky Italia:

Abiatti
    Abate - Nesta - Yepes - Antonini
    --- Gattuso - T. Silva - Flamini ----
    Seedorf

Ibra -- Robinho

Seedorf seemingly played well at the weekend?

Milan defend very narrow which leaves lots of space on the wings, which suits Spurs down to the ground. Abate and Antonini will have to choose their forward runs wisely or will be wide open to the counterattack. Antonini vs Lennon will be the key battle I reckon. I expect Nesta will dominate Crouch tho.

I think it'll be a tight 2-1 victory for Milan. Not the worst result for Spurs. Ibrahimovic with the winner probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Really looking forward to this one. Think over the 2 legs Milan may just shade this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Im sorry, but BERBA makes it impossible to want anything other than Milan to twat them. 5-0 please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Im sorry, but BERBA makes it impossible to want anything other than Milan to twat them. 5-0 please.

Ideally, Spurs win 3-0 tonight, BERBA turns the remaining few against him, and basically gloats constantly for 3 weeks, then the second leg turns into a massacre, 12-0 Milan.:D

Shame really, as I quite like Spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Shame really, as I quite like Spurs.

This is it. It may sound really petty but I have always liked Spurs but its just been a melt the last while

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

If Yepes starts Crouch won't win a ball in the air all night I reckon.
    The man is a monster in the air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Seaneh wrote: »

That is a bold statement to make :),

Either ways I'm looking forward to that match up - Crouch made Samba look tiny when scoring against Blackburn lately,

Should be a great match!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

That is a bold statement to make :),

Either ways I'm looking forward to that match up - Crouch made Samba look tiny when scoring against Blackburn lately,

Should be a great match!
    We'll have to see if he gets penalised for jumping :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Looking forward to this one, unfortunately (being a Spurs fan) I won't get to see it live, going to the Valencia vs Schalke game tonight!

I'm skeptical about the final result of this match, as much as I think we could do Milan when we are on our A-game, we are unfortunately missing key players like Modric, Bale and Huddlestone (I believe he would thrive against a team like Milan).

I can't see anything beyond a Milan win, their experience at this level should overcome Tottenham I think. I just hope that Spurs can keep it at a reasonable scoreline, so that the return leg isn't already written off!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Hope Milan hammer them. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

CorkMan wrote: »
    Milan are no longer a glorious side.

The side that held a free-scoring Shevchenko, great Nesta and Maldini backline and a prime Pirlo-Gattuso is miles from this side. Inzaghi is old, Ibrahimvic is a bottle at the top level and Robinho can't play well outside Brazil for long intervals. They are no longer a top 5 side in the Champions League anymore.

Spurs can take it over the 2 legs, they can well get a result tonight.

You have clearly not watched Milan play this season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

What time KO?

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    What time KO?

19:45

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

What time KO?
    Ye should really know what time CL games kick off! 7.45

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

THFC wrote: »
    Ye should really know what time CL games kick off! 7.45

Spurs fans mate, not used to being in the CL are they now.. ;)

eZe^ wrote: »
    Spurs fans mate, not used to being in the CL are they now.. ;)
    Im a utd fan....... so used to it I forget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im a utd fan....... so used to it I forget

get a grip man, your wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Would like to see Spurs do it over the two legs. Despite certain posters making it easy to wish for a Spur loss, I just love the way they play attacking football.

I must remember to update the score in the Man U megathread to keep Berba up to date. :D

Headshot wrote: »
    get a grip man, your wrong
    Oh! *looks over shoulder anxiously*

Is it you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

1830: Around 75 minutes until AC Milan-Tottenham kick off in the Champions League, by the way, and reports are reaching us that Rafael van der Vaart, Peter Crouch, Niko Kranjcar and Aaron Lennon all start for Spurs, with no sign of Luka Modric or Jermain Defoe in the starting XI. I'll firm that up as soon as I can.

BBC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

BERBA wrote: »
    a lot of golden oldies in that milan team that can be got at , high tempo game at the Lane will sort em , losing by 1 goal in Milan wouldnt be the end of the world for us.
    When will people notice that Milan oldies always seem to do much better than everyone elses oldies? How can a team that always seem to have people near the end of their career be so successful?
    It's simple. Their sports treatment clinic The Milan Lab isn't just streets ahead of the next best clubs treatment room, it's on a different planet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Oh! *looks over shoulder anxiously*

Is it you?

Im behind you

Yes it was moi

Gomes;
    Charlie, Gallas, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto;
    Lennon, Palacios, Sandro, Pienaar;
    Van der Vaart
    ; Crouch.

And our subs are...Cudicini, Bassong, Woodgate, Kranjcar, Modric, Defoe, Pavlyuchenko.

Thought kranjcar would start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Paparazzo wrote: »
    When will people notice that Milan oldies always seem to do much better than everyone elses oldies? How can a team that always seem to have people near the end of their career be so successful?
    It's simple. Their sports treatment clinic The Milan Lab isn't just streets ahead of the next best clubs treatment room, it's on a different planet.

It may not be so.....Milan are currently investigating the lab as to why they get so many injuries. The chief of the lab resigned not so long ago.

• Advertisement

Abbiati; Abate, Nesta, Yepes, Antonini; Gattuso, Thiago Silva, Flamini; Seedorf; Robinho, Ibrahimovic.

Jeff and Souness on the panel nice

Tonight is the night Ibra becomes a man.

Look at that only five make it through from our last match here that is mad.

Dreading tuning in to TV3 for this.

adox wrote: »
    Dreading tuning in to TV3 for this.
    It's on Sky too.

What are the odds Harry brings on Luka at HT regardless of his fitness? Deighted to see VDV play and Pato not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

I'd be happy to see a scored draw or one goal deficit to bring back to WHL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Yeah because all those titles and goals he has, counted for nothing until tonight when he faces up against champions league newcomers :confused:

THFC wrote: »
    It's on Sky too.

What are the odds Harry brings on Luka at HT regardless of his fitness? Deighted to see VDV play and Pato not.

No sky sports anymore for me.

I fancy Spurs to get a score draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Abbiati; Abate, Nesta, Yepes, Antonini; Gattuso, Thiago Silva, Flamini; Seedorf; Robinho, Ibrahimovic.
    That's a very defensive team, it has to be said. I guess they're going to line up 4-3-3 with Ibrahimovic playing in the centre and Robinho/Seedorf regularily switching positions. Flamini/Silva/Gattuso are going to be very defensive, so I wouldn't be expecting much delivery from them. Abate and Antonini will offer the width and get forward, but if Spurs are smart, they can exploit this on the counter. Abbiati is seriously dodgy, so Spurs should try and ping as many crosses as they can into the penalty area.

Ibrahimovic and Robinho need to play well here, can't really see where goals will come from otherwise.

Ugh, Pat Dolan is so full of shít and takeaways.

Is he still a virgin?

Seaneh wrote: »

No great victory really. Crouch is pretty poor in the air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Is he still a virgin?
    A Champions League winner virgin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Is he still a virgin?

Are you mad, he was banging Pique left, right, and centre last season. :p

• Advertisement

Pauleta wrote: »
    Yeah because all those titles and goals he has, counted for nothing until tonight when he faces up against champions league newcomers :confused:

Mean in the knock out stages of the Champions League. He has been one of the best in the world (as recently as a few days ago when the Milan manager said he was on par with Messi) for a few years now and we're yet to see it in Europe. I want everyone in these isles to see the destructive force he is in Serie A, nearly everyone I've ever talked to about him thinks he's overrated.

For anyone that doesn't fancy TV3 and doesn't have Sky here's the link.
    http://premier--games.net/
    Sky punditry and commentry.

Something incredibly frustrating about Peter Crouch interviews, it's like I'm dying to hear him clear his throat just once - his voice is annoyingly exhaley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Dont Spurs fans go to pub??? its fairly empty here.

Seedorf is the key for Milan with his experience. Forzam Milan!!!

Mean in the knock out stages of the Champions League. He has been one of the best in the world (as recently as a few days ago when the Milan manager said he was on par with Messi) for a few years now and we're yet to see it in Europe. I want everyone in these isles to see the destructive force he is in Serie A, nearly everyone I've ever talked to about him thinks he's overrated.

He is overrated, he's very hot and cold outside the dubious confines of Serie A. Knocking a few in against Spurs won't prove anything either way either tbh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement