Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A.C. Milan V Spurs Tuesday 15th skysports

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Ibra has 13 goals in 20 for Milan (in the league anyway), he's not exactly doing ****e. Better than Rooney and Torres this season, not too dissimilar to David Villa (15 in 22 in the league). Maybe base your opinion on more than a handful of games.

I've never seen anyone to polarise opinion quite like Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

For what it matters I think he's quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Pato simply has to come on. You can't leave a world class player on the bench for garbage like Robinho.

Robinho has done nothing, making it even harder for Ibra to do anything, has he been any use since leaving City?

Is he allergic to playing against English teams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    This match is, for lack of a better phrase,
    fúcking shíte
    Does it surprise you that Berba has lower expectations?? :pac:
    BERBA wrote: »
    so far so good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Played really well first half I expect a different Milan second half though it'll be a big test

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

cson wrote: »
    Whoever is commentating alongside the usual lad on Sky... My god its like listening to a documentary on Discovery. He couldn't make it any less interesting. And that's based on the 6 times he's actually said anything so far!

I like him he's informative, clear, coherent and knows what he's talking about.

I've listened to more than my fair share of excitable commentators listening to GAA on the local radio and you begin to appreciate a lad who talks with some bit of conviction. Unless he talks like Dessie Farrell. Because he's just the opposite end of the spectrum.

If this ac milan team is leading the league, italian football must be pure muck

Still, it produced the current holders!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If Lennon could only judge a cross. AC Milan are set up like the away side and playing like cowards.

TV3 really need to get rid of Trevor Welsh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

I've listened to more than my fair share of excitable commentators listening to GAA on the local radio and you begin to appreciate a lad who talks with some bit of conviction. Unless he talks like Dessie Farrell. Because he's just the opposite end of the spectrum.

I think he's quite good too,doesn't fall into the usual Sky sensationalist bracket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

If this ac milan team is leading the league, italian football must be pure muck

Maybe Spurs are just good.

Abbiati concussed apparently. Random useless fact, he's a proud Fascist (no, really)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I've never seen this level of committment and passion from our boys in an away game before. Fcuking incredible. We're making Milan look like school boys. Even if we were to lose 1-0 it would still be a great result, and in my opinion thats the worst case scenario. Hopefully Modric and Kranjcar will make appearences in the second half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

spiralism wrote: »

spot on spiralism , the penny hasnt dropped with some of em on SF yet!

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Does it surprise you that Berba has lower expectations?? :pac:
    Good lad, perhaps you should put the quotes into context...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

The Milan midfield has been pathetic.
    Seedorf: Rubbish (like he has been for over a year now)
    Gattuso: Anonymous
    Flamini: Anonymous
    Thiago Silva: Not a center midfielder

Milan have played great football all year and have been resorting to hoofs and desperation balls to the front two. Its easy to blame the front 2 but its hard when they are a 7 man team with a defence hoofing it up to the strikers.

Maybe its due to being raised on a diet of Sky but in terms of commentary I'm squarely in the Martin Tyler type fan club - always feel his commentary is fluid, descriptive and he's generally bang on the money with those seminal moments in matches - goals and sendings off and the like he always raises the volume.

Wilkins is the type of insightful guy I'd listen to at half time. Give me Wilkins over Jamie Top Top Player Redknapp any day.

Anyway in terms of the match = boring 0-0. Spurs are going to struggle to create with only Crouch up top; Milan are too organised for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

spiralism wrote: »

meh.ro4633.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Jamie Redknapp or Tony Cas at HT. Another tough decision.
    I switched on Ear to the Ground. Watching cows shíte in a field would be better than their drivel.

Pauleta wrote: »
    The Milan midfield has been pathetic.
    Seedorf: Rubbish (like he has been for over a year now)
    Gattuso: Anonymous
    Flamini: Anonymous

Those three are all doing the same thing as far as I can see. Defensive job with nothing going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Not a spurs fan either btw, but credit where it's due to be fair. Back in august this team was predicted by many to finish bottom of the group and here they are in the knockout stages playing AC Milan off the pitch in their own ground so far. Fair play to them is all I can say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

It'ss a bit of both, Spurs have been good and Milan have been poor. All I know for sure is that if Milan don't get the finger out, Spurs will be going through. Unlucky not to have gotten that vital away goal yet.

I need 2 goals in this match, I don't care who scores them. Looking doubtful at the moment though!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭bookie basher

pathetic by milan, the 3 holding midfielders, gattuso,silva & flamini are shocking, their putting no pressure on spurs players in possession of the ball, when nesta or yepes get the ball the ball none of the holding midfielders are showing for the ball so theres no link between defence & attack

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

1-0 Ibra then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Milan playing very badly and look like they would take a 0-0 which would give them a chance of getting through. Wilkins on Sky is so biased towards Spurs, its getting irritating while Walsh on SSN reckons Abbiati faked his injury as he couldnt handle Peter Crouch. Thats what i like about Sky - objectivity but as someone mentioned its that or TV3. At least Sky is in HD.

Harry should throw this on at HT; how to beat Milan at the San Siro :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Is that your preferred style of commentating on a ac lombardy vs London hotspur game?

mike65 wrote: »
    1-0 Ibra then!

wouldnt be the end of the world should it end like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

CorkMan wrote: »
    Milan are no longer a glorious side.

The side that held a free-scoring Shevchenko, great Nesta and Maldini backline and a prime Pirlo-Gattuso is miles from this side. Inzaghi is old, Ibrahimvic is a bottle at the top level and Robinho can't play well outside Brazil for long intervals. They are no longer a top 5 side in the Champions League anymore.

Spurs can take it over the 2 legs, they can well get a result tonight.

I re-iterate my point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Is Cassano & Pirlo injured? :confused:

tdv123 wrote: »

cassano cup tied , pirlo out of both legs injured

tdv123 wrote: »
    Cup-tied and yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Thank feck he took Seedorf off. He is a legend but he needs to retire. He is not up to it anymore sadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

pato for seedorf.This could be interesting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Why are people ripping into Ibra so much? He's been Milan's best player. Milan will struggle if Seedorf is the link between the midfield and attack, he is far too slow and no longer good enough at the highest level imo. Bring on Pato and drop Robinho into the hole, that will make Milan's play quicker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Pato for Seedorf.

eZe^ wrote: »
    Why are people ripping into Ibra so much? He's been Milan's best player. Milan will struggle if Seedorf is the link between the midfield and attack, he is far too slow and no longer good enough at the highest level imo. Bring on Pato and drop Robinho into the hole, that will make Milan's play quicker.

Because Lawro said he's never seen him have a good game!

It's fashionable to rip into Ibra ;)

So close from Van Der Vaart,

Quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭bookie basher

bone headed decision to leave pato on the bench, says alot about the managers mindset

Would have been great there from van der Vaart :eek:

Holy crap VDV. Class.

• Advertisement

Great save Gomes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Milan finally waking up

Why are people ripping into Ibra so much? He's been Milan's best player.
    You're just trying to recoup some of that cash you wasted on him by building him up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Some save!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

I've just tuned in, whats the score? The clowns in TV3 have decided to remove the score/time display....

Pato making such a huge difference in this team already.

• Advertisement

no brainer to have started pato from the start , what was milan coach thinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

RVD420 wrote: »
    I've just tuned in, whats the score? The clowns in TV3 have decided to remove the score/time display....

0-0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Why do TV3 keep saying its Mario Gomez playing rather than Mario Yepes? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

pato hasnt played well with ibra and robinho at all this year, hasnt committed in training and a load of lacklustre displays due to partying with ronaldinho and splitting up from his wife

SK1979 wrote: »
    Why do TV3 keep saying its Mario Gomez playing rather than Mario Yepes? :confused:

that trevor welch?

• Advertisement
Advertisement