Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walton Greenhouse 10 X 8.

Options
  • 13-02-2011 9:22pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Planning to get one of these at some stage. Anyone vouch for them? Have the plot decided upon and it's fairly sheltered, privet hedge along one side a yard away and a box hedge alongside it, trees around, so it should be sheltered.
    Polycarbonate? glass and ali frame.
    Anyone have one? Are they sufficient?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 JasonR16

Depends which one you are buying...Personally I would steer clear of most of the poly although it sounds like you are in a very sheltered area which might be fine. If you still get gusts, You might be forever chasing the panels around your garden (there are methods for making them less likely to pop out but its not 100%)

I ended up going with a local distributor of Vitavia which was competitive in price (picked it up myself as the shipping was pretty significant).

Toughened glass is a bit overkill but worth the extra investment in my opinion.

I originally emailed Waltons because they have a lot of greenhouses on eBay - They were very honest about the limitation of poly and although their own branded frames were stightly stronger than Gardner, if I had any gusts of wind, I may be better off with a glass house.

I ended up spending around an additional 150 on the higher spec 6x6 with toughened glass.

Advertisement