Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Anne's Park - Raheny

Options
  • 13-02-2011 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows what time the park opens during the week? I know there are gates that are open all night but I was wondering about the main gates at the front by the avenue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭MardiB

According to DCC it's 10 am, there is a number you can call in the link.

http://www.dublincity.ie/RecreationandCulture/DublinCityParks/VisitaPark/Pages/StAnnesPark.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭jendafer1

Yeah I saw that they have said they open at 10am, but I'm pretty positive I've been there before 10AM!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

You can wander in any time of the day or night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I've walked in by the side of the big gates with two mad dogs at all sorts of ungodly hours. Unless there is some reason you require the big gates to be open you can get in anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Ye as mentioned the pathway gate on the sides of the avenue gate are always open (AFAIK), only the actual avenue gate is closed. If that isn't true though there's a small entrance about 100 yards down towards the clontarf end which is always open, it has no gate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Isn't there people living in the park?

There is a small gatekeeper style house on the coast, it's at the very edge of the park. There are no other people living in the park. There was two tramps that occasionally slept there, but that winter put a stop to that. A (I think he was Polish) lad was found dead in his tent and sleeping bag after a tip off in heavy undergrowth near the duck pond a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

RMD wrote: »
    If that isn't true though there's a small entrance about 100 yards down towards the clontarf end which is always open, it has no gate.

Yep, on the sea front side, by the old duck pond (Larkin Road/Mount Prospect Ave) you can wander in at any time.

The park is dotted with loads of entrances, Watermill Road, All Saints Road, Sybill Hill, James Larkin Road (coast road) and Mount Prospect avenue. It used to be a bit of a no go area at night, but it's safer now, I would still be careful and keep your wits about you. Be careful parking in the All Saints Road carpark, there are bollard that go up when the park is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I was at the park yesterday for the first time ever (shame on me). I've just a quick question - we were in the woods near the football pitches and the kids asked did it used to be a skateboard/roller skate area as it has ramps? Thanx.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

deelite wrote: »
    I was at the park yesterday for the first time ever (shame on me). I've just a quick question - we were in the woods near the football pitches and the kids asked did it used to be a skateboard/roller skate area as it has ramps? Thanx.

They're for BMX bikes.

I love St Anne's Park - something for everyone! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

deelite wrote: »

Is this the bit on the coast road close to the causeway to Bull Island? Ive certainly seen kids there with skateboards though whether it was ever an officially approved skateboarding area, I don't know.

There is a gang of cyclists, BMX and mountain bikers and what looks like stunt bikers (?) that use a cool dirt track there, jumps and banked turns. Nice chilled out gang, don't freak when the dog wanders on to the track. I don't think a skateboard would make it, it's fairly off roadish if you know what I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

There is a skate park in Fr.Collins, Donaghmede, the place with the windmills.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

WindSock wrote: »
    There is a skate park in Fr.Collins, Donaghmede, the place with the windmills.
    Oh yeah forgot about there. Great skate park suitable for bikes, skates, flickers, scooters and anything else with wheels. :)

Advertisement