Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

March Intake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ant08

hi folks

just wondering what happens in regards to the people who recieved letters that where sent out a few months ago ie prgressing letters and wait till march letters if this is is the last intake what happens to those people that who recieved the progressing letters as i thought there was some sort of plan for them?? anyone have any ideas??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

unless they decide to recruit again from this pool of people we will probably get a letter to say we were not successful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Evening all, I couldnt resist phoning today so that I could here it from the horses mouth that this was the last intake, as it seems it is, and also the lady told me that anyone who would be making it into the march squad has already been informed. So if any have decent merit numbers you could still get the pack but no more calls aparently.

This is a major let down for me but im like everyone else am going to have to take it on the chin and be somewhat happy in the knowledge that the police arent going away and will need to recruit again.

If this is the case - what was the point in putting us through Medicals and vetting only back in December? Just doesn't add up.

Tell me about it mate, I wish it was a different story.

numpty80 wrote: »
    you are not on your own

im rc 500-520 vetting just cleared a week or so ago

im sitting here almost crying ( yes I am a girl!)

So how come another rc with a lower merit number gets in and you dont? This process is very strange indeed.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

So how come another rc with a lower merit number gets in and you dont? This process is very strange indeed.:confused:

The PSNI recruitment process will never win any prizes for transparency :rolleyes:.

It should be remembered that the £200 million funding request remains undecided and it in this context ( and the uncertainty over 50/50 ) that we are hearing March is the last intake , perhaps the words to use are '' confirmed intake ''.

I am interested to hear that there are no more calls going out apparently , I still think some folks have yet to get good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 numpty80

I think their vetting cleared and there was enough people with higher merit but not cleared vetting last month and those people got in this month so those rcs with lower merit numbers may consider themselves very lucky ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

I think their vetting cleared and there was enough people with higher merit but not cleared vetting last month and those people got in this month so those rcs with lower merit numbers may consider themselves very lucky ?

I was Top 100 so it makes no sense to me man.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 tino77

So is this the end of the road then for C16ers who haven't had a call or a pack in the post by today? :(

It's not the end of the road until we receive a dear John letter.

• Advertisement

No new phone calls yet today either?

I have to say I've never seen the calls get done in just 1 day ........

Maybe there trying to make savings by cutting down on the phone bills :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 luckyb123

Hi Guys

The anticipation was killing me so I phoned recruitmant this morning.

My merit number is 600-700. I was told that this is not high enough up the list to get in this time.

So I enquired about the people with similar (approximately) merit numbers who got in last month and was told that the calls are still going out, and sometimes the job is turned down.

So basically no chance unless people turn the job down.

Thought I would let you guys know.

Just realised that my spelling in that post is awful. Please ignore lol.

I also meant to add that I agree with Gee 22.

Doesnt make sense to me that Candidates would be put through medicals and vetting so late in the year if they were not to be recruited.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭rookie_boarder

spoke with appointments on the phone the last week, explained my merit numbers, 150-160 for c15 and 25-35 for c16, vetting outstanding from summer 09 and summer 10,the person on the phone was very sympathetic to me, but basically told me, from the info they have, its all over, infact they are being relocated. this process has been very hard to take, especially when you see people getting appointed way way down the merit list because vetting has cleared in 8 weeks. not a cheap shot at you guys, fair play to you, just seems you pay a high price for a large family and various addresses,in fact, possibly denied a life long career. not good enough from vetting at all.

yep , thats what it is - small family, one address.
    So not fair but oh well - its not an end of the world .
    On the other hand - it is not like they recruit for the first time - they knew that there are people from ROI and UE applying and their vetting would take longer

- doesnt make sense - I thought they actually wanted some people from other countries to make their numbers good (advertising in UE magazines)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

spoke with appointments on the phone the last week, explained my merit numbers, 150-160 for c15 and 25-35 for c16, vetting outstanding from summer 09 and summer 10,the person on the phone was very sympathetic to me, but basically told me, from the info they have, its all over, infact they are being relocated. this process has been very hard to take, especially when you see people getting appointed way way down the merit list because vetting has cleared in 8 weeks. not a cheap shot at you guys, fair play to you, just seems you pay a high price for a large family and various addresses,in fact, possibly denied a life long career. not good enough from vetting at all.

Don't give up rookie. I know a guy that tried six times before he got in and he was an only child with just a mum as family no other immediate relatives and one address. It was luck of the draw. But don't give up on life neither. Ones have not considered anything outside of a police career and they are wasting their lives, sitting around waiting for a recruitment campaign to start. I was like that, there's part of me still. I looked at the joinpsni, publicjobs.ie, policecouldyou and scottish.police websites every other day, sometimes everyday. I drove my family nuts talking about the police everyday. Thankfully some understand, some don't.

Of course now I just check this website everyday, bound to hear it here first lol.

They will always need new cops.

• Advertisement

so this extra 200 million pound funding for the psni has been agreed now then?? you never know guys and girls maybe they will throw some of it to the recruitment side of things??

shampon wrote: »
    Shampon you divil, you got the call.

They let you in??! :p
    Ah I just popped in to see what was happening in here these days and just thought I'd say congrats dude, you're one of the only names I'm recognising in this thread now from back in the early days of this campaign! Good to see an old face/name make it through!

Congrats to the lot of you as well...I'm naturally incredibly jealous :D And best of luck to those still hanging on, hopefully this extra 200mill will give hope to you's (and all us who are just impatiently waiting for another chance!)

They let you in??! :p
    Ah I just popped in to see what was happening in here these days and just thought I'd say congrats dude, you're one of the only names I'm recognising in this thread now from back in the early days of this campaign! Good to see an old face/name make it through!

Hahahah. Thank's. I was in shock myself.

PEOPLE I GOT THE CALL!!!! im shaking!!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fefe5

today???

Edit: Congrats by the way!!!

30 minutes ago maybe?

• Advertisement

30 minutes ago maybe?

Well done! Will take a while to sink in trust me... I got call on Tuesday and still not sunk in :P

What are your stats?

This means that all calls have NOT gone out yet... the plot thickens...:eek:

500 RC

Congratulations Numpty , wow , calls 3 days apart ?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 HopefulPC

The PSNI's process for intakes seems to be the most random thing ever. Perhaps this is my temper talking, but what is the point in merit numbers? Dont understand how a fellow boarder could not have been taken in with a merit of 25-35. And mine is good too and im not in.

And also, there has been so much said recently regarding intakes stopping. Our applications being scrapped. Then £200m being granted. More officers needed etc. So what is actually going on?

Sorry, ranting!

My last post may be seen as having a go at individuals.

Honestly wasnt the case. Was just ranting at the recruitment process, not any one applicant or anything like that!!lol!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

HopefulPC wrote: »
    My last post may be seen as having a go at individuals.

Honestly wasnt the case. Was just ranting at the recruitment process, not any one applicant or anything like that!!lol!!

No worries Hopeful, we are all wanting the PSNI's next move to give us the best chance to get in. Some are hoping for 50/50 to continue, some are hoping for the intakes to continue, others for a fresh recruitment campaign, like me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭TangoVictor

Congrats to all those who called up for March, very well done!! :D

- tv

Hi guys. Today i got the call!!!!! Came this morning! For the March intake. So dont give up hope!

Im literally stunned. Cant believe its happening. Walking around in a daze!

Hi guys. Today i got the call!!!!! Came this morning! For the March intake. So dont give up hope!

Im literally stunned. Cant believe its happening. Walking around in a daze!

Congrats. I'm guessing your a RC, like all the other people who got a call for march?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jacksos

Congratulations on getting the call. What time did you get the call at?

Hi guys. Today i got the call!!!!!

Calls on a Saturday :eek:

Can this process for the March intake actually get any further from the norm than it already has...

fefe5 wrote: »

Can this process for the March intake actually get any further from the norm than it already has...

March madness.

Gee-22 wrote: »
    Congrats. I'm guessing your a RC, like all the other people who got a call for march?

190-200 NRC. Still amazed!

See you in the hotel brosef...

fefe5 wrote: »

This has to be the most unorthodox round of calls ever - so much for them telling someone on Wednesday that all calls were finished :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

congrats on the call hopeful, its good that things are still on the move. Last time I contacted PSNI they told me that everyone who was getting in had been informed, perhaps they didnt know I was a boards member, and would find out otherwise lol. Lets hope for another few intakes before they pull the plug on our pool!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 kellyhud

I got my pack yesterday...:) still in shock! see you all in march, I'm soo excited!!

Nice to see that after a slow start more boardsies are getting the March intake. Congratulations to all.

I wonder will tomorrow bring more news re: March intake. Fingers crossed.

I phoned friday and the lady said she couldn't comment so it was a nice surprise yesterday morning! she said all appointments should definitely be made by the end of next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jacksos

Congrats on getting the pack yesterday! Whats your stats?

thank you I wasn't expecting it, I feel very lucky! 400-450 rc

hi folks,

who is it you fone to find all this info out?? and can anyone give the number please :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭1967J

Hope for me yet then - not far of that mark

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Lucky23

1967J wrote: »
    Hope for me yet then - not far of that mark

Same here mate, almost feel like it makes it harder though knowing that i'm so close to getting in but haven't yet!

Advertisement