Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations on Restaurants

• 13-02-2011 10:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭

For tomorrow evening-ish!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

FAir enough a mate of mine owns the place, so I'm biased but I think this is a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Bog

FAir enough a mate of mine owns the place, so I'm biased but I think this is a great deal.

I think the menu might need a little inspiration.

Minestrone, garlic mushrooms and prawn cocktail for starters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

Any recommendations for hotels?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Bog wrote: »
    I think the menu might need a little inspiration.

Minestrone, garlic mushrooms and prawn cocktail for starters?

In fairness, inspiration costs money. Money that people nowadays don't have. Even to go as far as Chick King apparently.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Might be a bit late, places are generally booked out. But there is a lovely restaurant, an Italian, up beside the City Square car park. Cant think of the name of it, but someone will hopefully point me in the right direction. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Sully wrote: »
    Might be a bit late, places are generally booked out. But there is a lovely restaurant, an Italian, up beside the City Square car park. Cant think of the name of it, but someone will hopefully point me in the right direction. :)
    La taverna? I know its down that direction somewhere

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

seanybiker wrote: »
    La taverna? I know its down that direction somewhere

Yeah I think thats the one alright, beside the chinese?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Yeah I think thats the one alright, beside the chinese?
    Thats it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

Believe that's Emilianos (Next to the Indian and the steak house etc)
    http://www.waterfordtourist.com/details/emilianos_ristorante_italiano.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

You won't get anywhere near Emilianos IMHO. It can be hard to grab a table there on a Saturday sometimes. Lovely spot though.

Off the top of my head fitzpatricks (near woodies DIY) can be nice and is a little off the track so you might get a table.

• Advertisement

Believe that's Emilianos (Next to the Indian and the steak house etc)
    http://www.waterfordtourist.com/details/emilianos_ristorante_italiano.shtml

Its the one Trapattoni was at when he visited Waterford. I know there are two Italians in that area I just cant think of the name - one is directly across from River Island which much smaller and decent.

The one I prefer is down a narrow road, to the left of City Sq Car Park and there are a few places beside it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

That's Emilianos Sully. Beside where the wine Vault used to be.

Advertisement