Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone doing any Valentines Day Baking?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

I'm making heart shaped chocolate sugar cookies and some regular ones with with coloured icing on the top!

I hope they turn out alright, my sister's sugar cookies always spread when baking, so I'll be refrigerating my dough for a few hours before I get them baked!

Will post pictures when finished! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Sure did (any excuse to mess around with sprinkles).
    Sent some chocolate cupcakes with choc chips and vanilla butter cream with hear sugar sprinkles into hubbys work and made Nigellas heart shape cake from her book Feast with rasberry cream and ganache.
    Unfort. the rasberries aren't great atm but they did the job.

With all the baking I didn't have time to make a dinner so threw some sausage rolls at him lol. Priority is always the dessert must more fun than cooking savoury stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭smiles302

This is how my cookies turned out =D I wanted to put icing hearts on them but the sugar wouldn't do as it was told.

2011-02-14+12.12.48.jpg

Recipe: http://irishwishesarespecial.blogspot.com/2011/02/valentines-day-cookies.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

The ganache was still wet in this pic but it was nummy num num. Unfortunetly the rasberries aren't as nice as they would be when they're Irish and in season but did the job. I cheated with the cookies, they were an Aldi job (and tasted pants).

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭smiles302

Oooo that looks amazing!

• Advertisement
Advertisement