Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travellling to and from Kevin street

Options
  • 13-02-2011 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi

Just wondering what bus would bring me from around kevin sT/ Augier St / Camden St junction right into O' Connell st , anywhere near the spire would do.

Also is there a bus from Heuston Station to Kevin St or somewhere nearby

Any help, much appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Hi

Just wondering what bus would bring me from around kevin sT/ Augier St / Camden St junction right into O' Connell st , anywhere near the spire would do.

Thanks
    Not too far to walk but from Aungier St. you can get a 19/19a/16/16a to the Spire :)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sinemo

The 122 will also bring you down to outside easons on O'Connell Street...

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

ten minute walk...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

i'm pretty sure just about any bus will that stops outside angier st. Like the 19 and 83 as well (although you might want to double check).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

83 goes up the Quays now, recent changes. Made that mistake last week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

The 65 buses dont go as far as O'Connal street either. It stops at Fleet street though.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭chickencurry02

have a bit of heavy luggage, hence the bus

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

have a bit of heavy luggage, hence the bus

19/19a/16/16a, they all stop outside aungier and they all stop on O'Connell street

and so does the 122 if im not mistaken. Can anyone confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sinemo

dannym08 wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm?

I do believe that it was already confirmed above your post ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Hi

Thanks

Not so sure of buses, but I can tell you my mode of transport. Oh yes, from O Connell street to Camden Street lower, I simply place my right foot in front of my left foot and vice versa until I end up at the desired location. It works quite well actually, more than can be said for the fairly ropey public transport services we have in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Hi

Thanks

Hi

as previous posters said 16/16a/19/19a & 122 will all bring u to o connell street, cross over to abby st then - 1 min walk - and you can get luas to heuston, not sure of where bus stops to hueston are in city centre but luas wud be handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

Try http://www.dublinbus.ie/

They have a route planner facility on there website

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I feel the OP's pain. Dublin bus is not very newbie friendly. "Use exact change" for example, yet when you use the route planner it doesn't tell you the cost of the trip and there's no announcing where you are so you better know what your stop looks like.

For those talking about walking, I do it every day but if it's lashing rain I'd rather hop on a bus..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

That's bulk tickets. Here's the one if you want to get on to the bus occasionally. Easy to understand eh!

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Fares--Tickets/Fare-Information/Fares/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

The student 30 day rambler is great. Its 30 non consecutive days and they are valid for up to a year or so. It works out at 2.60 a day which is generally less than the price of 2 journeys. I know myself I get up to 6 buses a day so it works out great.

Advertisement