Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Musicians in Cavan

Options
  • 14-02-2011 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Im gonna try this because im not having any luck in the musicians forum ,

If there is any musicians in Cavan AT ALL who are interested in getting together to maby form a band and make some extra cash this is my link http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056154043&highlight=bass+player . It doesnt necessaraly have to be a band im open to any idea . At the moment im under the impression that i am the only musician in Cavan caus i can find no one else in county looking to play music and i have been looking long and hard along time.

Im from Dublin and have been a musician all my life , (professionally for a few years) but i didint think that when i moved to Cavan i was going to have to give it up .

MODS, Please dont move this back to the musicians forum as i stand a better chance of someone in Cavan reading it while it is here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Yep, but i'm a bass player. We could do a Spinal Tap song :-)

Try the local music school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 starman1

Huge live music fan in the area here. I think you've raised a definite point here. Where are all the young kids with guitars? There really seems to be a dearth of excitement from us young people about music, especially in this area. Unfortunately I can't play anything so I'm no use to you at all :) Best luck and hope you form a great band!

From my experiences its either Trad or Rock......

Anyone on here know of someone to get guitar lessons from in the Cavan/Monaghan area? Complete beginner but keen student. :)

Cavan Academy of Music. 23 College St Cavan. (049)4372227

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭bayles

Starman where exactly are you based . Obviously not your address just your region .

• Registered Users Posts: 9 RamblingRebel

starman1 wrote: »
    Anyone on here know of someone to get guitar lessons from in the Cavan/Monaghan area? Complete beginner but keen student. :)

You got your own guitar starman?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 RamblingRebel

bayles wrote: »
    Im gonna try this because im not having any luck in the musicians forum ,

If there is any musicians in Cavan AT ALL who are interested in getting together to maby form a band and make some extra cash this is my link http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056154043&highlight=bass+player . It doesnt necessaraly have to be a band im open to any idea . At the moment im under the impression that i am the only musician in Cavan caus i can find no one else in county looking to play music and i have been looking long and hard along time.

Im from Dublin and have been a musician all my life , (professionally for a few years) but i didint think that when i moved to Cavan i was going to have to give it up .

MODS, Please dont move this back to the musicians forum as i stand a better chance of someone in Cavan reading it while it is here.

What sort of stuff do you like to play?

Hi RamblingRebel, I have my own acoustic guitar and I'm very keen to begin playing but as I said I'm a complete beginner.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

I play a bit of guitar. Nothing serious but got all the basics I guess. Been told I can sing but dunno where to go for vocal lessons, other then the music academy. Very interested in getting involved in something though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

what about the music course in the college?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 CavanTrad

Cavan Institute's Music Department in association with Cavan County Council arts office have recorded and produced a compilation CD of Cavan's finest singer/songwriters in aid of a charity. The Institute has a state of the art recording studio as well. The tutors are professional musicians and they may be able to help hook you up with some other musicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭kevinray

hey bayles,can u pm me ur details,also what do u play?cheers.

Advertisement