Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring The Pain!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Been trying to book an appointment with a physio that was reccommended to me but they are fairly busy at the moment so hoping to get in sooner rather than later.

Today

warm up

Face Pulls

x10
    x10
    x10

Scap Inverted Rows

x5
    x5
    x5
    x5

Bench 20KG

x3
    x3
    x3
    x3

Leg Press

30KG

x5
    x5
    x5
    x5
    x5

40KG

x5
    x5
    x5
    x4*

* right knee decided it didnt want to co-operate any more :mad:

Methinks I need to foam roll a bit more if this knee thing is the same thing that happened at Christmas :o

Took a bit of an unexpected break of late due to some birthday boozing which had to be done and then I strained my hamstring. So went back in today.

Warm Up
    Foam Rolling

FacePulls

x10
    x10
    x10

Scap Bench Press 10KG

x10
    x10
    x10

Inverted Scap Row

x5
    x5
    x5
    x5

YTWs

Overhead Shrugs

Today

Warm Up

Inverted Scap Rows

x5
    x5
    x5
    x5

Scap Bench Press 15KG

x10
    x10
    x10

YTW's

x5

Overhead Shrug

x5
    x5

Trap Bar Deadlift*

bar x 2
    bar + 20kg three sets of five (I think)

Rower**

200m x 4

best pace was 2.09 so something to aim for/beat next time

*This was my first time TBDLing evar :pac: so was something new to get my head around, had a friend checking my form and he said it was grand. I just need to work on it a little bit.

**First time rowing since I messed up my shoulder, don't want to jinx it but the pain I used to experience has subsided , there is a small niggle but I think it will pass with time, so I think I should be good to go back doing this.

Happy Out :)

Today

Warm Up

Inverted Scap Rows

x5
    x5
    x5
    x5

Scap Bench Press 10KG (Couldnt find the 15 bar :confused: )

x10
    x10
    x10

YTW's

x5

FacePulls

x5
    x5
    x5
    x5
    x5
    x5

Rower

200m x 5

Best Pace : 2.07

Today

50k cycle.

• Advertisement

Today

Facepulls
    x7
    x7
    x7
    x7

Chest Supported Row

10KG
    x5
    x5

Scap Bench

10KG
    x10
    x10
    x10

YTWs

x5

OH Shrug

x5
    x5
    x5

Leg Press

40KG

x5
    x5
    x5
    x5
    x5

45KG

x5
    x5
    x5
    x5
    x5

Rowing
    150m :

x5
    x5
    x5
    x5
    x5

Best Pace: 2.03

Few of us are going to have a prowler conditioning session this Sunday June 5th, if anyone wants to come along, drop me a pm and il send ya the details!

Today

Went out to Ironside to see what the craic was, nice gym, sounds blokes running the show.

Warm Up

Scap Inverted Rows
    x5
    x5

OH Shrug
    x5
    x5
    x5
    x5

Deadlift

Havent deadlifted in...well so long ago that the last place I did some was in I.P :( so had the lads just drill form with me, focused on getting my hips lower and more leg drive and just generally get everything tightened up again.

30KG
    x5
    x5
    x5

35KG
    x5
    x5
    x5
    x5

40KG
    x5
    x5
    x5

45KG
    x3
    x3
    x3

50KG
    x3

55KG
    x1

Scap Pull ups

x5

Some band pull aparts

Been some stuff going on lately which will change my training from now on, got a new job which comes with free gym, pool and classes etc. So going to try and get back into yoga and get at least one yoga and or pilates class in along with a new 3 day split.

Today

Warm Up

Scap Chest Supported Row

x5
    x5
    x5
    x5

Shoulder Press
    x5
    x5
    x5
    x5
    x5

Lat Pulldown
    x5
    x5
    x5
    x5
    x5

Scap Inverted Rows
    x5
    x5
    x5
    x5

OH Scap Shrugs
    x5
    x5
    x5
    x5

No conditioning because the longer I stood around waiting for a rower to free up the worse my mood got watching the idiots around me.

Positively loathe gym at work. Makes me want to kill myself, but not before killing all around me.

Have been experiencing a fair amount of discomfort in my left glute/si joint region. Have tried stretching and foam rolling with little success. If anyone has any suggestions they would be welcomed.

• Advertisement

Today

Well today pretty much went like this....

Warm Up

10mins Crosstrainer

Overs and Unders
    Horizontal Band Pull A Parts
    Vertical Band Pull A Parts
    Scap Push Ups
    Legs Swings - Linear and Lateral
    Scap Inverted Rows

Deadlift

30KG
    x3
    x3
    40KG
    x3
    x3
    x3
    x3
    50KG
    x3
    x3

Single Leg Split Squat
    BW
    x10
    x10
    x10

Bridging
    3 sets of 60 seconds (this was alot harder than I remembered)

DB Floor Press
    x5
    x5
    x5
    x5
    x5
    x5
    x5
    x5

Inverted Rows
    10 sets of 5 reps

aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnd here we are two hours later >.< nothing left in the tank so called it a day.

*also deadlifting with a bent bar is the least fun thing to do evar. oh and rumble rollers were invented for dodgy si joints. awesome stuff.

Came across these two quotes in quick succession today I like them so Im sticking them in here for future reference :)
    The scale doesn't mean **** if the body is looking like you want it to.
    It has to hurt, you have to sweat to get what you want. That pain is telling you that it's working.

Going to this tonight..

logo.png

no idea what to expect except some sort of "dynamic sport conditioning"

Will report back with my findings! :pac:

Warm Up
    light jog
    back pedals

Plank
    Lunges with 2.5kg on e/s
    Russian Twists
    Mountain Climbers
    Burpees
    Push Ups
    Single leg Deadlifts with 2.5kg e/s
    Sumo Squat w/lateral raise 2.5kg e/s

^^Repeat Ad nauseam...literally.

stretches to cool down

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Red Cortina

Did you think that the training club was good? And the acid test - will you go back for more??!!

Did you think that the training club was good? And the acid test - will you go back for more??!!

I'm not going to lie to you, I wanted to throw up and it was very intense. I think it's a good workout for sure, but I won't be going back.
    Mainly because a) my conditioning is pants, I knew this but last night confirmed that for me and b) the recovery time I need from being crippled with doms eats into my usual training so it's counter productive really.

Thought I would be in a lot of pain today but its mainly contained in my glutes and hip flexors.

I would deffo reccomend it to any one out there who wants to test themselves! Il put the training details up if anyone is interested. :)

Jeez sounds a bit rough going like.

Think I might just stick with the KB classes for the mo:)

Jeez sounds a bit rough going like.

Think I might just stick with the KB classes for the mo:)

Ah I am sure it would be a breeze for most of the fitter folk on here, but eh not for me! I can't believe I ever moaned about spin class, I genuinely now see that spin class was easier. And I never thought I would say that! :pac:

Where are you doing the kb classes? With my shoulder issues clearing up nicely I think I might start playing around with them, or at least learn how to utilise them properly!

Ah I am sure it would be a breeze for most of the fitter folk on here, but eh not for me! I can't believe I ever moaned about spin class, I genuinely now see that spin class was easier. And I never thought I would say that! :pac:
    I absolutely hated spin classes when I tried them, never again
    Where are you doing the kb classes? With my shoulder issues clearing up nicely I think I might start playing around with them, or at least learn how to utilise them properly!
    Doing the classes with cmyk in bhaf and really enjoying them:) To my shame I realise now that I wasn't doing the swings correctly but that was sorted out fairly quickly!

Still crippled with DOMS so no gym today. FML

• Advertisement

After a boozy weekend was set to go back to the gym today when I woke up and I was getting alot of pain in my upper back, especially when I tried to breathe. Physio couldnt see me, booked solid for two days so the Physical Therapist at work was able to see me thankfully.

I can breathe easy now! however he started poking at my left rotator cuff which was intensely painful. He also said I really need to concentrate on core strength as it's fairly weak and everything else is compensating for it.

Monday July 5th

Was just going to do a quick conditioning session because the boss let me out half an hour early because it was such a nice evening out, and it would be criminal to waste it inside a gym :pac:

10 mins Crosstrainer

Rowing

150m
    150m
    150m
    150m
    150m

2000m- Was going to tackle this and see what my time was so I could start working on it, got about 400m in and my shoulders just crapped out on me. :(

Today

10 minutes HIIT on the Crosstrainer. 30 seconds on, 60 seconds recovery.

Rowing

150m
    150m
    150m
    150m
    150m
    150m
    150m
    150m

Burning sensation again in my bad shoulder. Managed to crack out 3 more 150m than last time, so maybe shorter sprints work better. Think I still may need to get the ice pack out tonight though.:(
    So not impressed with this atall, really hoping I can just condition out of it and it will just go away.

Also the gym needs to replace its one and only foam roller, theres an actual dent in the middle of it. Useless, got nothing out of it this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Today

10 minutes HIIT on the Crosstrainer. 30 seconds on, 60 seconds recovery.

Rowing

150m
    150m
    150m
    150m
    150m
    150m
    150m
    150m

Burning sensation again in my bad shoulder. Managed to crack out 3 more 150m than last time, so maybe shorter sprints work better. Think I still may need to get the ice pack out tonight though.:(
    So not impressed with this atall, really hoping I can just condition out of it and it will just go away.

Also the gym needs to replace its one and only foam roller, theres an actual dent in the middle of it. Useless, got nothing out of it this evening.

If I were you, I would work on fixing my shoulder and doing whatever needs to be done to fix it.

As far as conditioning is concerned, I would skip aggravating your shoulder by doing the rowing..there are plenty of ways of doing conditioning that don't involve using a rower...it's just one option of many:)

I was under the impression up til about last week anyway that it was fixed, been pretty much pain free for the last while. When I started rowing there a month or so ago I was grand, no pain. So don't exactly know what to do now (apart from not rowing!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

I was under the impression up til about last week anyway that it was fixed, been pretty much pain free for the last while. When I started rowing there a month or so ago I was grand, no pain. So don't exactly know what to do now (apart from not rowing!)

I'd say keep doing all the shoulder prehab/rehab stuff you were given, continue to foam roll and knock the rower on the head for the time being, choose something different that wont aggravate it.

EDIT: I am the world's worst at foamrolling...barely ever do it:o It hurts too much

EDIT NO.2=Have you actually continued to do your shoulder work? How frequently?

Just saw your edits now, foamroll when I feel like I need it, no frequency. Had dropped the rehab or well I kept some elements if it but in a mobility capacity rather than rehab.

Tonight

5 mins crosstrainer
    Leg swings
    Scap push ups
    YTWs
    Scap CSR 8 x 5
    Inverted scap shrugs

Rowing

150m
    150m
    150m
    150m
    150m
    500m

Shoulders held up tonight so least thats something.

Shoulders held up tonight so least thats something.

Ya they held up til about that evening when I found myself in a world of pain that continued into the next day which saw me back with the physical therapist for an aggresive 45 minute session on my upper back, shoulders, rotator cuffs, the whole lot was in bits.
    He told me to cut out the rowing completely because it seems to be doing more harm than good. :(

Was in a fair amount of pain for the following three days and went back again on Monday for another session. Told me to ease myself back in to it so today I felt good and hit up Ironside for a quick session. :pac:

Leg swings
    Stretches
    Scap inverted rows
    Scap Push ups
    Scap inverted shrugs

Deadlift

30KG
    x5
    x5
    40KG
    x5*
    x5
    x5
    50KG
    x3

*Thanks to Henners for being cameraman.

First time video post so be nice! :o

Weighed myself this morning, not a happy camper at all.

Scap push ups
    Scap pull ups
    Bird dogs
    Band work
    Stretching
    Foam rolling
    Floor press 5x5
    Bw squats
    Goblet squat
    X I forget

Tried a few back squats to see if the shoulders were any better. Nope. Did a few with the bar anyway and got a good suggestion for getting around this problem so will try that at some point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

Tried a few back squats to see if the shoulders were any better. Nope. Did a few with the bar anyway and got a good suggestion for getting around this problem so will try that at some point.

Please do share, I just got my hip working properly again and now my shoulder is acting up, just when I was told I can work on my squats again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement