Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Airborne Toxic Event Live @ The Academy

Options
  • 14-02-2011 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

According to NME, The Airborne Toxic Event are playing The Academy on the 9th of April.

http://www.nme.com/news/the-airborne-toxic-event/54945

Also tells us that their new album 'All At Once' is due out on April 18.

Looks like the tickets are at the €20 mark, and there are onsale this Friday at 9am.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Maybe they are doing an intimate tour because i think the UK venues are pretty small

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Tickets in the bag, it's going to be awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Nice one, I've seen them twice before, great live act, but hopefully the crowd in the Academy will be less like zombies this time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭JimboJones74

Timmaay wrote: »
    Nice one, I've seen them twice before, great live act, but hopefully the crowd in the Academy will be less like zombies this time!!

really looking forward to this. Out of interest where did you see them before?

• Advertisement

I'm fairly sure I saw them in the Academy in or around May 2009, as I said before, great gig but crap crowd, and then I saw them in Oxegen that year also. That was another brilliant gig, I was outside the tent they were playing in, waiting for them to come on stage, looking at kings of leon playing, trying to decide who to go to. I decided fu*kit I'll stay in the tent for Airborne toxic event, even though there was no-one in the tent, 50/100 people max. But anyways they played a great set and the small crowd were all proper fans, and well up for them. I remember coming out afterwards thinking wow that was great, and seeing KOL still on stage, but 1/2 the crowd leaving then, because they were so rubbish. Result for me ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Tiddlers

There show at Oxegen was amazing but in my opinion they surpassed that show when they played in the Olympia in 2009. Would love to see them again but I'm a bit disappointed their new album won't be out for a week or so after the gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Tickets in the bag.

Still not sold out. Very surprising. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭John 187

Yeah the oxegen gig was great with the really small crowd hope to make it for this one!

• Advertisement

Is the album out today?

Seriously looking forward to tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭funnyname

class gig

did it start early or were we just late?. . .they were playing gasoline when we walked in at 9.15!

apart from the pub session johnny cash infused variant of "missy" it was very enjoyable

Started at 9pm on the dot I think! Class gig, crowd was slow to get going, but when they did they were well up for it. I haven't listened to their last album in ages, and forgot how many class songs there are on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭funnyname

Started at 9pm on the dot I think! Class gig, crowd was slow to get going, but when they did they were well up for it. I haven't listened to their last album in ages, and forgot how many class songs there are on it!

Pretty sure it started at 8.45, very surprised at that and also how early it finished is that standard for gigs at the academy?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭LarryMac

8:50pm by my watch :) ... Very early. Had just walked upstairs from bar and was surprised they were getting on stage. Thought it was a great gig! Looking fwd to new album. The venue is excellent. Up Close and Personal!

Ha ok I only got there at 9 on the dot, and thought it was their 1st song I was catching? What were their 1st few songs by the way? They use to play wishing well 1st, which was annoying as its an amazing song, and the crowd were never really going at that stage. And I'll be mega annoyed if I missed that the last night!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Ha ok I only got there at 9 on the dot, and thought it was their 1st song I was catching? What were their 1st few songs by the way? They use to play wishing well 1st, which was annoying as its an amazing song, and the crowd were never really going at that stage. And I'll be mega annoyed if I missed that the last night!!!!

wishing well was played cant actually remember when tho

great night...100 times better than paris show last month

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭LarryMac

Played First and he introduced it by saying it's a song that he "only ever thought he'd be playing in front of 3 people".... Cracking Song. I thought Missy was great mixed with Bruce Springsteen & Johnny Cash!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

funnyname wrote: »
    Pretty sure it started at 8.45, very surprised at that and also how early it finished is that standard for gigs at the academy?

Academy are generally very strict about the times AFAIK, so it probably is.

Found some photos taken by Kieran Frost:

http://www.kieranfrost.com/?p=2978

• Advertisement
Advertisement