Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get best Nightdresses with buttons for labour?

Options
  • 14-02-2011 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

I looked in dunnes at weekend for some nightdresses to have for labour ward but they only had light colours and ones with buttons just a short way down.

Where else could I look for some nightdresses which would be suitable for labour ward?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I got some in pennys with buttons halfway down and wore one all during labour. I now wear them for night breast feeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Think I spotted a few in Pennys in Dundrum today as well! And they have a lot of things in navy at the moment- so not too light coloured! (must look again if I'm there soon!)
    They were the closest thing I have seen so far that would be practical at all. The closest thing I could think of up until now was a few sleep shirts I have, which I could unbutton, but then they're very short on me as I'm pretty tall and can't imagine it would be the easiest to pull underwear or shorts or whatever off when it comes time to push and then back on after!
    If I was 6 inches shorter I'd say I'd get away with them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

liliq believe me when I say that wearing shorts or underwear of any sort or protecting your modesty will be the last thing on your mind once you're in the delivery suite!

Yes, I wore one of the navy ones from pennys and the buttons opened far enough to allow skin to skin contact after birth. Perhaps get them in size 18; I wore size 14 and I think it was quite short on me at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

to echo the ladies - Penneys! They've loads! Im in the process of packing the hosp bag - just 5 weeks left. I bought two as well - just incase I need a change ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I got a couple in M&S. I was in them for ages after the birth ad I had a section and pjs were too uncomfortable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Nicki123

Penneys - and bring at least 2 with you in the bag for the delivery ward. I wore one during the birth and then they cleaned me up and I changed into another. I stood up off the bed and promptly destroyed the clean nightie! Doh! I know it doesn't happen to everyone but it's not a time when you want to be walking to/wheeled into the ward in a stained nighty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Heatons!!

I always see button down night dresses in their... they're a bit grannyish with floral patterns but they do the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

I am heading to the end of the line (34 weeks!) and decided to use old mens pj tops for the labour ward - they are bigger than ladies sizes and dark in colour - perfect also for the skin to skin.! :D

Advertisement