Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lots of text tattoo, help please.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

FearDark wrote: »
    Right an update, I printed it out on a "couple" of sheets of paper and its ****in massive! Definately have to cut it down now I guess. The plan is to have it ready to rock by Saturday and hopefully get it done then, have to decide excatly on the wording by then and size/font. For anyone interested this is what I want, I've highlighted in bold what I absolutely have to have included. Any suggestions as to anything I can add to it such as music notes or quotation marks or something so it doesnt just look flat. Font ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Hey... oooh...
    [B]Sheets of empty canvas, untouched sheets of clay[/B]
    [B]Were laid spread out before me as her body once did.[/B]
    [B]All five horizons revolved around her soul[/B]
    [B]As the earth to the sun[/B]
    [B]Now the air I tasted and breathed has taken a turn[/B]

Ooh, and all I taught her was everything
    Ooh, I know she gave me all that she wore
    And now my bitter hands chafe beneath the clouds
    Of what was everything.
    Oh, the pictures have all been washed in black, tattooed everything...

I take a walk outside
    I'm surrounded by some kids at play
    I can feel their laughter, so why do I sear?
    Oh, and twisted thoughts that spin round my head
    I'm spinning, oh, I'm spinning
    How quick the sun can drop away

[B]And now my bitter hands cradle broken glass[/B]
    [B]Of what was everything?[/B]
    [B]All the pictures have all been washed in black, tattooed everything...[/B]

[B]All the love gone bad turned my world to black[/B]
    [B]Tattooed all I see, all that I am, all I'll be... yeah...[/B]
    Uh huh... uh huh... ooh...

[B]I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,[/B]
    [B]I know you'll be a sun in somebody else's sky, but why[/B]
    [B]Why, why can't it be, can't it be mine[/B]

Y'all can call me a ghey now.

In fairness it's a great song, but it is a LOT of lettering to put anywhere, even if you did have the whole of your back to do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sG_Turtle

i think if you made the words wrap around your entire arm as a sleeve it would look amazing. but you would still have to go seek out an artist to find the min. size of text you could use. but very unique idea, i like it a lot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

i dont know, but im not sure you're giving yourself enough time to go through all the options, just reading the first verse i came up with something like this , just a quick sketck and scanned it black and white, im no artist(i have the vision, but not the skill, maybe) but im sure a good tattoo artist might have some other ideas for the song, verse by verse, or whatever

Wow, thanks a million for drawing me a pic, thats good of you :) I'ts not what I'm after though, I've my heart set on getting the lyrics tattod on me though.

Update is that I've been working mad for the last few weeks and I didnt get a chance to get into Limerick properly to see an artist. Im thinking of using "Living Art", anyone have any experience with them? Their work looks really good http://www.livingarttattoos.net/Living%20Art%20Tattoo%20Tattoos.html I'm sure doing a basic script on someones arm would be quite easy for them :) Plan is to head into Limerick on Saturday and see if its possible and hopefully get this thing started! Thanks to everyone who made suggestions/helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭pixysarah

if your going to limerick go to Allstar Ink ask for ross he is amazing, he has done all my tattoos and a friend got lyrics like you and they turned out very very nice!! http://allstarinktattoos.blogspot.com/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

To be honest, Living Art would be the last place i would go in Limerick for a tattoo

• Advertisement
Advertisement