Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frankeen

Options
  • 14-02-2011 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Driving around Galway today I noticed that the man who owns 29 properties has fewer posters up than any of his rivals, apart from a couple about his pet project, the bypass?

This is also the man who said there was never a better time to buy a first house ... two years ago.

I wonder has he given up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭celty

... However, he is using some kind of mass following technique on Twitter, he follows 1,273 people even though he has only 124 'followers' of his own. Obviously targetting a lot of Galway twitterers.

http://twitter.com/FrankFaheyTD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

He's been busy on Twitter of all places. Started following me yesterday. My first thought was one of repulsion, my second was to make a list and label it Muppets. That is where he now resides. All suggestions welcome as to who else to put in there.
    www.twitter.com/flingfolk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

I believe Frank(ly my dear, I don't give a damn) has given up the ghost and is going through the motions till the elections over.
    There'll be a lot of FF candidates in the same boat, if you ask me.

Got a lovely document through the letter box today, about the Galway Outer Bypass. It says 'Let's Get Galway Moving' and 'Keep Galway Growing'. Not a mention of the great FF, who have been in power for 20 of the last 23 years, on the cover.

You get to page three before you realise this is electioneering by Fahey. What is this man's obsession with this bypass project?

Maybe Galway does need it, but his Government has bankrupt this country with their cronies (bankers, property developers, auctioneers). We haven't a cent to fix potholes, let alone build a bypass. And if we had a tram or proper public transport we might not even need a fifth bridge over the Corrib.

The way things are going, there will be far les traffic in five to ten years, because an entire generation (or most of it) will have emigrated.:D

I don't want to know what a bypass will do for Galway, I want to know how this country can be got out of this mess, to stop my friends and family emigrating, and losing their jobs. My God ... these FFers are living on another planet. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

celty wrote: »
    ... However, he is using some kind of mass following technique on Twitter, he follows 1,273 people even though he has only 124 'followers' of his own. Obviously targetting a lot of Galway twitterers.

http://twitter.com/FrankFaheyTD

just had a quick look.......uurgh! shudder

....... slimey horrible ba............

• Advertisement

"The real F.G. Manifesto: Destroy The Irish Language, Cull 30000 Civil Service Jobs, Surrender Irish Neutrality"

This was on his Twitter a/c today.

And what's the FF Manifesto: Destroy the Health Service (leave hundreds on trollies), Cull 50,000 young people a year out of the country (emigration), Allow US troops use Shannon at their will to fight unjust wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Oops ... that's not a manifesto ... that's what FF have already done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

I've let him follow me on Twitter. He can do no harm. Although I did laugh out loud at how his account was shut down within a few hours. Plenty of sickened Galweeters pressing the "Report spam" button!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Cleahaigh

Got a lovely document through the letter box today, about the Galway Outer Bypass. It says 'Let's Get Galway Moving' and 'Keep Galway Growing'. Not a mention of the great FF, who have been in power for 20 of the last 23 years, on the cover.

You get to page three before you realise this is electioneering by Fahey. What is this man's obsession with this bypass project?

Maybe Galway does need it, but his Government has bankrupt this country with their cronies (bankers, property developers, auctioneers). We haven't a cent to fix potholes, let alone build a bypass. And if we had a tram or proper public transport we might not even need a fifth bridge over the Corrib.

The way things are going, there will be far les traffic in five to ten years, because an entire generation (or most of it) will have emigrated.:D

I don't want to know what a bypass will do for Galway, I want to know how this country can be got out of this mess, to stop my friends and family emigrating, and losing their jobs. My God ... these FFers are living on another planet. :mad:
    So, in your view, we don't have enough money to build a bypass but do have enough to build an experimental Noddy in Toy Town Tram that'll cost at least as much, and probably a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Cleahaigh wrote: »
    So, in your view, we don't have enough money to build a bypass but do have enough to build an experimental Noddy in Toy Town Tram that'll cost at least as much, and probably a lot more.
    And it will still be feck all use to people that live outside the city and need to bypass, travel to and from the city netc, etc

The problem with this country is that all planning for the last ten years has been for the sakes of developers, bankers, and rotten politicians who go for rezonings.

Have you guys ever been to a city like Geneva, Toulouse, or Lyon, where trams keep thousands of motorists off the roads and traffic moves far more freely?

The way oil prices have gone, people might not even be able to afford to use cars in 20-30 years, thanks to the Government which bankrupted an entire country due to the shortfallings of a tiny elite core of bankers, politicians, and developers.

Oh, but I forgot ... Frankeen was a key member of the Government which sold off our gas rights at a price which has only been lowered by Cameroon in the history of oil / gas exploration. In years to come, that will be seen as almost as big a scandal as the 'bailout' of Anglo Irish Bank.

Maybe we do need a bypass, maybe we need a tram, but we won't get either now because our country is bankrupt by Frank and his cronies. We will default yet, people will lose their homes, but Frank just drones on about his precious bypass ... for what? To service those big empty ghost apartment blocks on the Cappagh Road?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

... However, he is using some kind of mass following technique on Twitter, he follows 1,273 people even though he has only 124 'followers' of his own.

He is following another 50 victims since Monday :eek: 1325 people getting stalked by Frank Faheys media consultants.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    He is following another 50 victims since Monday :eek: 1325 people getting stalked by Frank Faheys media consultants.

just out of interest what does he have to gain by following all these random people on twitter

I would imagine his original intention was to bombard these Galway people with pre-election 'good news' such as an announcement re a €72m upgrade if the hospitals for which he tried to take credit (even though it's nothing to do with him) in the local media this week.

I doubt he will take credit for the fact that a friend of mine has been lying on a trolley at UHG for the past three nights.

The plan seems to be to build up a large number of Galway 'twitters' and then canvass them with a few mass mails in the run-up to Friday. He's less likely to get abuse for his cronies bankrupting the country via a mass Twitter mailout than if he stood at your front door.

"All Systems Go For N6 Revamp, €6m allocated"

This is just a latest example of one of his 'positive' Tweets, from this morning.

Great ... so we will have a better road for getting the hell out of this country, which has been ruined by FF and their cronies.

A few million here and there doesn't disguise the fact that FF, the bankers, and developers have ruined Ireland for years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Frankeeens billboard at the top of Taylors Hill ( Kingston direction) is an eyesore of black mank and the Grealish poster beside it is not much better, save that it has writing on it that is neither rude ....nor inaccurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭R28

I'm feeling left out. He hasn't followed me on twitter at all. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

http://maps.google.ie/maps?q=N6+Galway

6million to resurface a bit of urban/suburban road leading up to the motorway?
    What's wrong with Bóthar na dTreabh for instance?
    Sure the young bucks can powershlide along no bother, rain or shine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

This is just a latest example of one of his 'positive' Tweets, from this morning.

Do people believe this crap. There wont be any roads built here in ireland for a long time due to FF terrorist behaviour of bankrupting the country to save the banks. Unless if hospitals and schools are closed to built such roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

ilovesleep wrote: »
    Do people believe this crap. There wont be any roads built here in ireland for a long time due to FF terrorist behaviour of bankrupting the country to save the banks. Unless if hospitals and schools are closed to built such roads.

Are you sure about that?
    DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT
    24 November 2010

Q & A –Four Year Plan
    Capital Investment

What road projects will proceed in 2011?

· NRA will go ahead with the planned 2011 starts and have adequate money for rehabilitation and minor works.

· Starts include Belturbet / N5 Longford/ Tralee bypasses and the Cork Southern Ring Road junctions.

· Two PPP projects will also start in 2011 - the M17/18 Gort – Tuam PPP and M11/Newlands Cross PPP bypasses.

· Purchase of land for service areas and expressions of interest from developers

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Saw quite a few Galway sportspeople putting up posters for him yesterday near my house...he seems to be going for the famous faces!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Saw quite a few Galway sportspeople putting up posters for him yesterday near my house...he seems to be going for the famous faces!

There are loads of them around today, the Fianna Fáil logo is miniscule on some of them.
    I'm going to make a complaint to the Council as they have been erected far too low, at eye level for the motorist, thereby restricting movement and creating a hazard for pedestrians on the footpath or cyclists at the edge of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

R28 wrote: »
    I'm feeling left out. He hasn't followed me on twitter at all. :rolleyes:

Probably doesn't think you've any money...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Fahey would be entitled to pensions for being a teacher, a TD and a Junior Minister when he retires from politics.
    He announced in 2009 that he had quit his teaching post in Gort Community School, Galway, which had been held open for him since he entered the Dail in 1982.
    Speaking to Galway Bay FM news this morning, Frank Fahey said " the teaching pension he receives is going to charity".
    He refused to state when he made the arrangement to give up this pension, stating it was "a personal matter".
    http://www.galwaynews.ie/17795-frank-fahey-giving-teacher-pension-charity

Wonder what kind of pressure was applied to him to give up the teaching pension and to which charity is it going to?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Caribs

Very big of the <snip> alright

..and where does the money to fund this charitable donation come from...the tax payers of course.

Isn't there also something (possibly only in the US) that allows charitable donations be deducted from profits for tax purposes. With the property portfolio he has requiring annual accounts to be submitted what odds it's worth more to him to donate the pension than accept it...!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

He has an ad on the front of the Galway Independent today.
    It lists the projects he has ahem "started" and wants to see completed.

1. Supporting innovation & education to safeguard galways ability to attract top multinational employers
    2. The Galway city outer bypass
    3. 72M GUH and Merlin Park Hospital
    4. Redevelopment of Galway Harbour.

Well the first one isn't even a project, and 2 and 3 are hardly personal projects and I'm sure Frank starting the redevelopment of the harbour will come as a surprise to the harbour company.

The smallest font of course is reserved for the tiny FF logo towards the bottom.

Sad individual.

Pulling strokes, making calls, taking the credit for projects which have nothing to do with him, investing in 29 properties, repeating and repeating and repeating his desire to see a bypass, claiming the credit for a hospital investment programme ...

If Irish democracy worked, people wouldn't have to go to 'clinics' to get Frank to sort out things which should be theirs by right anyways.

And 'we' elected this guy to the Dail to run the country??

Sums up all that's been wrong with Irish politics for years.

Advertisement