Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DVDRW not showing only CD drive (E) up on My Comp when disc inserted?

• 14-02-2011 3:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone help me on this, DVDRW is only showing up on when i dont have a dvd disc on Drive (E)?

The problem could be that when someone i know, who thought was cleaning up the C drive, that it could have been inadvertently removed it along with a few programs inc. Nero 7!

I tried to burn some music on to a DVD-R disc with a downloaded prog like CDBurnerXP but would only burn 700MB as it still thinks its a cd drive!

Thanks for any help received.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭practice

Not sure I understand you.
    If you are trying to make an audio cd then you must use a cdr.

If you are trying to make an mp3 DVD then just copy the mp3 files to to the Blank dvd.
    Dont forget some burners prefer only + or - DVDs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Right click on my computer (this is guessing that you've xp), go to Manage. Click on Disk Management. Now this will show your C drive but at the bottom will also show up your disk drives.

Just check to see if it's still in that list. If it is you can right click and troubleshoot the device.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Liam Mc Keogh

Dvd videosoft is a very good free program that can be used for burning cds etc. or copying video from you tube. It can do near enough anything.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Dvd videosoft is a very good free program that can be used for burning cds etc. or copying video from you tube. It can do near enough anything.:)

Not OP's problem at all.

I've reread and I think I know another thing to try.

Rightclick my computer again and go to properties. Hardware tab and then in t o Device Manager. Is there any question mark icons in that list? Might be one for the dvd\cd drive. Your friend might have mistakenly removed the drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

kev7329 wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone help me on this, DVDRW is only showing up on when i dont have a dvd disc on Drive (E)?

The problem could be that when someone i know, who thought was cleaning up the C drive, that it could have been inadvertently removed it along with a few programs inc. Nero 7!

I tried to burn some music on to a DVD-R disc with a downloaded prog like CDBurnerXP but would only burn 700MB as it still thinks its a cd drive!

Thanks for any help received.

you say DVDRW is only showing up when there is no disk in the drive.

Q1: What does it show up when there is a disk in the drive?

Q2: What type of disk are you putting in the drive?

is it a dvd or a cd?a cd will say 700mb on the disk.
    a dvd will say 4.7gb on the disk.

IF you put a CD (700mb) into the DVDRW, the drive will be able to put 700mb of data onto the disk.
    IF you put a DVD (4.7gb) into the DVDRW, the drive will be able to put 4.7gb of data onto the disk.

HOWEVER, if your trying to put music onto a DVD-R disk, and play it in a cd player, hifi, car system etc, then it will NOT work.
    you can use it this way on a dvd player IF you make a dvd project using software designed to do so.
    You can however, just put all your mp3's onto the dvd disk and use it as a back up, and play the music from another computer.

When you use a 700mb CD, the audio files are converted from say mp3 to an audio format that is playable in a cd player / hifi / car radio system etc.
    you cannot do this with a DVD-r DVD+r disk.

• Advertisement
Advertisement