Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Foo Fighters album - April 12th 2010

Options
  • 14-02-2011 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

So the Foos are releasing their new album on April 12th, from all the stuff I've heard so far, it's gonna be great! Going back to their roots, with Pat Smear back in the band. Also Butch Vig is producing... Here's the first song made public, sounds rocking! reminds me of Weenie Beenie from the first album, which is no bad thing

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I actually really like that,haven't brought a foo's album since one by one so might buy this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Cannot wait for this album, 90% of it is up on youtube as bootlegs from live shows and so far I have loved every song I have heard!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Really liked that. I'm looking forward to this! It sounds like a return to form.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

It's not bad ... but Grohl + Lemmy =

• Registered Users Posts: 9,128 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Actually quite like that tune, which I didn't expect after their woeful last album.

• Advertisement

I think I only listened to 4 songs off Echo's Silence Patience and Grace, must give it another listen

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

They played a few new tracks at a "secret" gig last week. This one, Rope, is getting some good reviews, and proves that they're still Rush fans too. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

These new songs are real early foo fighters, looking forward to this album now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Sounds quite good. Haven't had any interest in the last few Foo's albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement

Really like that song :)

It's not to bad IMHO...I prefer White Limo in the OP though. A better quality version of Rope can be listened to here - http://rope.foofighters.com/#

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,128 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Rope is a decent song, a bit heavier than their recent stuff again. I'm actually quite looking forward to this album now, just hope there's not pop rock stinkers on it.

I was looking forward to their last album when I heard the lead single but the rest of the album was rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I loved White Limo but didn't get into Rope on the first listen

I loved White Limo but didn't get into Rope on the first listen

Same here. I like this too -

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

I actually really like Rope...quite strangely brings Biffy Clyro and Soilwork to mind. Maybe they can finally make an album I'll like.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Brother Psychosis

think ESPG got some stick cos it was the remains of the acousitc buzz from in your honor and now that its out of their collective systems, sounds like they're back to proper rocking form, really looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

So excited about this!! I love the Foo Fighters! Can't wait to see them at oxegen :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Heard it live from start to finish on Saturday night, sounded better than the last 2 studio albums (not that difficult, they are horrendous) and there are some definite rocking out bits with only "These Days" being a little slower/quieter. I'll pick it up but still not 100% sold on it.

Dave however obviously loves it and has a lot of faith in the songs. The whole band were just giving it their all even without any real crowd feedback (no one could really sing along unlike the rest of the set).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭iangobl

Burning bridges and white limo sound epic. Like rope too but my least favourite of the 3. From what ive heard of the album it reminds of me of the first album (Both of which were recorded in dave grohls garage)

• Advertisement
Advertisement