Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem With Getting Replacement Item Sent To Me

Options
  • 14-02-2011 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

First post here.

I was given something for Christmas from the Sunderland Club Shop (A Sunderland watch) but unfortunately it was faulty and had to be sent back to them, I was told to address it to someone in charge of the club shop, which I did. I'm living in Ireland so going back in person to the club shop unfortunately wasn't an option.

I heard nothing from them for a couple of weeks and rang them initially four weeks ago to see if they had received my return. They said they had (so why didn't they get in contact with me at that stage?) and explained that all of those watches had been returned as faulty so they said to pick some other items that added up to the price of the watch and get back in contact with them when I had decided what I wanted.

The next day I rang and told them what I wanted in exchange and they took all of my details and said it would be sent out ASAP. Two weeks after that call and numerous attempts to contact them (each time being told the correct person to speak to wasn't available) and leaving my details with about three different people I've still had no item sent to me and I had heard nothing back from them.

I then emailed them complaining and they rang me the next day (two weeks ago to this day), and assured me that my items were being posted out to me that day. It usually takes a few days maximum to receive posted items from them, so 10 working days is certainly long enough to wait IMO.

Now, over 6 weeks since I initially sent back the watch and I'm still without my replacement items.

I feel I'm being totally fobbed off by them at this stage so I'm just wondering is there anyone or organisation that I can contact to start getting them to give me half decent customer service, as contacting them time and time again hasn't worked. Bare in mind that the Sunderland Club Shop is based in The UK.

I'd be grateful for any help as I'm sick and tired of this now.

Thanks very much for any help, it would be much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any advice at all please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

As the recipient of a gift, you have pretty much no rights, unless you have the receipt. Statutory rights don't transfer, but warranty does. There is no one or group that will intervene, they can only offer advice to you on what you should do. The advice will most likely be to keep doing what you've been doing so far, but if they keep fobbing you off, I'm not sure what options you have left.

The purchaser could pursue a credit card charge back, if they paid with a card, but that's about it. A small claims court claim can be filed across countries in the EU, I believe, but again it would have to be done by the person that bought it.

jor el wrote: »
    As the recipient of a gift, you have pretty much no rights, unless you have the receipt. Statutory rights don't transfer, but warranty does. There is no one or group that will intervene, they can only offer advice to you on what you should do. The advice will most likely be to keep doing what you've been doing so far, but if they keep fobbing you off, I'm not sure what options you have left.

The purchaser could pursue a credit card charge back, if they paid with a card, but that's about it. A small claims court claim can be filed across countries in the EU, I believe, but again it would have to be done by the person that bought it.

Cheers for the reply, much appreciated.

A copy of all receipts, postage costs, etc have been kept and copies sent when the item was being sent back so we're covered there.

I'll keep at them.

Thanks again.

UPDATE - I emailed them last night and received a phone call before lunch today, saying they had called UPS (courier service) and they had lost the parcel.

A new one was sent out to me today so hopefully I'll have it by the end of the week/early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Paully D wrote: »
    UPDATE - I emailed them last night and received a phone call before lunch today, saying they had called UPS (courier service) and they had lost the parcel.

A new one was sent out to me today so hopefully I'll have it by the end of the week/early next week.

If it was sent by UPS, there should be a tracking number...

• Advertisement
Advertisement