Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leaders Debate part 2 :)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Its worrying that Adams can shut the lot of them up, he is the only presence up there.
    The rest of the are pink tie wearing ramblers

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lilbelter

pjmn wrote: »
    I’ve no political affiliation, but I’d rate them so far based on their contributions (which I’d admit aren’t awe inspiring from any of them) as follows…
    1. Enda
    2. Míchéal
    3. Gerry
    4. John
    5. Eamon

Second that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Every time Martin opens his mouth i get more angry:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

If Martin wants Adams to answer his question, will he shut up and let him and his ideas be put forward and make nonsense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭baldbear

Martin and Gormley are putting the boot into Gerry and Enda fairly well. Well planned. Gerry is useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

DUP comment - how will that go down?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

omg enda just lied through his teeth :eek: indeed cork county council mainly FG run has increased rates by 4%!

No he left a gap. He mentioned "FG councils have lowered or frozen rates in many areas, obviously there are some who have not"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Come on Gerry, tell us what you really think . .

"Im going to goto Germany, give Merkel the two fingers, on the way back give that tiny french git the two fingers, give the banks two fingers, give the bondholders two fingers, give the protestants the two fingers, spend the national pension reserve and worry about next year someway down the line" . .

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭tennessee time

The G.a.a are the illuminati, they control the outcome of every election, all these leaders know it , lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

Gerry should be much better on the economics by now. Its not as if he didn't expect the questions.

Nice to see Gilmore attack martin. Martin looking a bit uncomfortable there !

• Advertisement

"Not Anglo" - stupid under the breath comment that many would have heard - not smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Mike Strutter

Enda is very quiet

Is he still alive

Can we ask him was it cold in the ground this morning and to say hello to Elvis when he gets back, tell him we were all asking for him

• Registered Users Posts: 43 johnie89

On a personal note... I just get more and more confused......

I wish they could find something to agree on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Right so I had no idea fg want first time buyers who chose not to fuel the property bubble to pay the price for those that did. I may now do what ive never done and always said i wouldnt and vote ff. That or just not vote. Seriously pissed off listening to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

He left a gap and Martin drove a juggernaught through it.

Enda doesn't like being challenged- he doesn't do rebuttal

hot from cork ;

good question too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

How many times are we going to hear about the 5-point plan?

Ah cmon intelligent question !

I want to know - Why are you letting the banks raise interest rates when in a recession you're supposed to lower interest rates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Mmmmmmilf :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

I’ve no political affiliation, but I’d rate them so far based on their contributions (which I’d admit aren’t awe inspiring from any of them) as follows…
    1. Enda
    2. Míchéal
    3. Gerry
    4. John
    5. Eamon

people need to learn that this is all nonsense, debating and the like. We have gone all American looking for a believeable leader. I don't give a sh*te if our leader is a good debater and looks the part etc.....

put it in context, Bertie would wipe the floor with all these lads in a debate and we certainly wouldn't want him again.

This is entertainment, no substance to it WHATSOEVER

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Oh Gormley, stick to your argument will you!?

DIdn't they pre-screen these people? The questions from the audience are dire.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

namloc1980 wrote: »
    I've heard too much of his waffle for it to have an effect at this stage. He was asked how his government would help create jobs..................still waiting for an answer.

They were all asked. It's all waffle. It's a bleeding leaders debate and the only value of it is for the media to cream themselves over the next 3 to 4 days analysing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

I do. They're on national television and if speaking properly and committing (yes, I'm asking quite a bit) they could swing votes.

Have they said one thing tonight that hasn't been said before? Only if someone hasn't taken any interest in this up to this point will they possibly get anything from this.

How many times are we going to hear about the 5-point plan?
    Its a good idea to keep hammering it in. Enda doesnt seem as out of control like the others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

The biggest punch so far tonight went to JG and it seems to have winded EK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Efficiencies but no pay or numbers cuts. Why didn't I think of that!?

Gormley completely avoiding the question.

Enda has left the building :D

Jayob10 wrote: »
    people need to learn that this is all nonsense, debating and the like. We have gone all American looking for a believeable leader. I don't give a sh*te if our leader is a good debater and looks the part etc.....

put it in context, Bertie would wipe the floor with all these lads in a debate and we certainly wouldn't want him again.

Eh, it's not that entertaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 lilbelter

Enda is very quiet

Is he still alive

Can we ask him was it cold in the ground this morning and to say hello to Elvis when he gets back, tell him we were all asking for him

Are you watchin the right debate?

He's winnin this easy...

axer wrote: »
    Its a good idea to keep hammering it in. Enda doesnt seem as out of control like the others.

No, he seems out to lunch.

Adams is like a child at school wit his hand in the air trying to get Kenny's attention....Pick me pick me

Adams should keep hammering about TD cuts as it is a popular move and nobody can challenge him on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

If a red tie is to project confidence....what does the blue tie say about Gormley?....Seriously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Yes, Gerry: red cents, toxic banks...blah blah...

Enda, you aint suffering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

In before "Get Ireland Working".

No, he seems out to lunch.
    It makes sense to play it safe like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

1. Enda
    2. Míchéal
    3. Gerry
    4. John
    5. Eamon

I think Gormley is doing better than that and Adams worse and would probably swap their positions. Adams is taking serious advantage of the fact that he won't get a sniff of forming a Government and isn't bothering to actually work within realistic measures. When one party is telling you that every other party is subscribing to something they would never do it's probably because the other parties have a chance of Government and need to be realistic with their promises.

Martin shouldnt be able to answer this

Not like he'll be in power

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭pjmn

Jayob10 wrote: »

... which I why I said their contributions weren't awe inspiring.

enda good answer on cuts , gilmore not doing the job imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭tennessee time

i want obama, oh wait hes gonna finish his term with a lower approval rating that george bush jnr, maybe not...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

Eh, it's not that entertaining.
    im getting a bit of a laugh out of it tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

I have to say I am really surprised at how well John Gormley is doing in the debate - I might rethink voting Green - and this is really shocking me.

Gerry Adams is clueless - those who earn most should pay most - they already do Gerry.

Enda not doing too badly at all - much more assertive then I expected.

Micheal Martin, he is definitely not as slick as he was last week.

Eamonn Eamonn Eamonn I always thought you were a good debater - whats happening?

Why cant they just answer the fcuking questions honestly and openly :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

be hilarious if some lad from dominos appeared out on the stage with a pizza for enda and said "double pepporoni for Mr.Kenny, you ordered it for 9.35pm, sorry I'm late" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

How many questions have actually been put to them - I have counted 3 - and still not a straight answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

zig wrote: »
    im getting a bit of a laugh out of it tbh

I actually think Inda is stoned !!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Well that's a good point!

Advertisement