Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot connect to wireless printer

Options
  • 14-02-2011 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭

Hi

I recently bought the kodak 5250 all in one wireless printer. I ste the printer up on the network, wirelessly. It was given an ip address. Then on the laptop, windows 7, i install drivers and sotfware. As part of that process it looks for the printer. This is where i have the problem, it just wont connect to the printer. I can ping the ip address and get back replies. So i thought it might be firewall or antivirus. So i turned off AVG and the firewall and still cant connect.

Any ideas?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

1.Open System Preferences.
    2.Open the Print & Fax from the Hardware section.
    3.Click the +.
    4.Highlight your all-in-one printer in the Bonjour list and click the Add button.

from Kodak support

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

1.Open System Preferences.
    2.Open the Print & Fax from the Hardware section.
    3.Click the +.
    4.Highlight your all-in-one printer in the Bonjour list and click the Add button.

from Kodak support

Thanks for that. I tried it but on a windows 7 box there is no system preferences, or at least i couldnt find them. is that not mroe for a mac?

So i went into bonjour and the printer isnt listed so that may the issue. Not sure how i go about adding it however, do i need to do a full reinstall again?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ElectricGirl

Maybe try this:

Log onto the computer as an administrator. Start the Add Printer wizard again, but select Add a Local Printer instead. Select Create a New Port and use the address of the printer in Hostname or IP Address.

Advertisement