Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canoeing/kayaking with a disability.

• 14-02-2011 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi, I'm hoping to help my partner fulfill a wish to go kayaking/canoeing in a warm, sunny European location. He has reduced mobility in his legs but is a fantastic swimmer. We would like an easy lake or bay area to paddle in as both are relative beginners. Anyone got any ideas on where we could go? He's a wheelchair user so perhaps somewhere with a marina for access to the water...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Zuppy

What kind of kayak/ canoe do you have presently? And where are you based? These might help people give you a better response.

I know that some wheelchair users prefer Canadian style canoes especially if they are touring. I can only presume it's the space to pack the chair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭KenHy

I'd recommend Slovenia, around bovec. The area is fantastic, The soca river is fantastic, sunny clean and many sections are quite easy. You can also get rafting. Lake bled is also nearby where I think you can also get commercial kayaking operations. The people at http://www.alpinaction.it/en/Home.aspx should be able to help!

Advertisement