Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP - Management Company insurance claim

Options
  • 14-02-2011 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi
    I would like some advice / help regarding problem Im having with my management company. Apartment above my residence had a pipe burst during the cold spell in Dec2010. A claim was lodged with insurance company, assessor came out, and quotes were send to him. He approved all quotes for repairs

My management company have since called me to say, they want accept the money from the insurance company, & pay cheaper builders to do the work, and essentially put the remainder into the management company.
    This is quite a small management company for small block of 18 apartments. This company is ran by 1 guy on behalf of the residences. He is worried that new years premium will be sky high, so he wants some of the claim money to keep by to be used against next years premium

Can he does this legally?

I've told him I don't agree with this and have demanded that all work be carried out as per the quotes approved by the assessor
    Any advise greatly welcomed!
    Thanks
    P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

2 words for you. INSURANCE FRAUD.

You can only claim for the repairs and not have some set aside for an increase in premium. Tell him quite frankly to take a jump.

Your entitled to get the job done with the agreed quotes from the insurance assesor. If he doesnt like it tough luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ummarettes

Thanks D3PO
    That's what I thought. Pure fraud. I just wanted another opinion as I thought I was going mad myself. Time to tell him to go jump

Thanks
    Ummarettes

Advertisement