Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interior Stone Supplier for Feature Wall

Options
  • 14-02-2011 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of a good supplier of interior stone. I'm looking for the stick on type so that I dont have to employ a stonemason and a normal blocklayer can apply it.

I phoned Fernhill stone about a stone I liked and they have quoted 48 plus VAT per square metre and the rep then said that a bag of mortar is required per square metre and that's a tenner so you're looking at 58 plus VAT per square metre.

That's 70 euro a square metre and I need about 20 square metres.
    1400 seems very expensive with labour to pay on top.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭ELP

Hi Lemlin

www.trenao.com
    This company might do the product you are looking for.Hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭icbarros

Hi,
    It would be good if you could keep your money in the country, helps keeping jobs, everybody benefits from that...

You could try these companies:
    http://www.likestone.ie/
    http://www.stonecladding.ie/

And please come back and share prices with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Its worth having a look at a stone mason too imo, the labour cost for one has come down alot recently, and if your choice of stone isn't too expensive it could work out around the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

The prices I'm getting quoted are very high, even for stick on stone. I've decided to drop the feature wall and go with just the fireplace in stone. Anyone any recommendations on where to get stone for a fireplace?

Best I've found so far is Thinstone who quoted 45e a square metre to supply and 45e a square metre to fit.

Advertisement