Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

250gb for £160.33 on Amazon

• 14-02-2011 1:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭

Just noticed this on HotUKdeals.

I have an arcade with a 20gb HD and i am thinking about getting this.

I don't think it can be got for cheaper.

If it goes faulty i contact Microsoft direct so it does not matter if i buy it in ROI or in the UK i take it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

dam dam dam. Iv been looking for one of these for so long...
    Completely broke at the moment. to buy or not to buy????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I am more of a PC gamer but this seems like such a good deal.

Time to ponder ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Just noticed this on HotUKdeals.

I have an arcade with a 20gb HD and i am thinking about getting this.

I don't think it can be got for cheaper.

If it goes faulty i contact Microsoft direct so it does not matter if i buy it in ROI or in the UK i take it?

Thanks for that, just ordered.
    It does not matter where you buy it from once within the EU. Just register the console online or over the phone when you get it and 3yr cover for RROD failures and 2yr for anything else.

I got my last 360 on Amazon 2yrs ago, still going great but want a second for online games with no split screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Wow, seriously tempted to grab one for myself at that price and then trade in my Elite...

Seemingly you can add 12 months of Live or Dead Space 2 for an extra 20 :)

• Advertisement

I just could not resist!

Got the 250gb and 12 month live for about 215 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

That is stupidly cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Excellent, good spot. My 18-month old Arcade with added 60GB drive is working fine, but I do use it a fair bit for streaming video and the fan is noisy. The new Slim will fix all that, plus the extra optical connection to my stereo will be very handy. The missus will be happy that the black better suits our colour scheme too :). Thanks OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭seanin4711

yes or no???

seanin4711 wrote: »
    yes or no???

Some items they do not but an Xbox they do.

• Advertisement

Some they do, a play and charge kit or a PS Move controller -no. A 360 or PS3 -yes.

Btw, just got my new 360S just now after ordering it on Monday afternoon with the free shipping option, very quick and great price for the 360S 250Gb.

I just registered the Xbox online.

Your Standard Warranty expires on April 27, 2012 it says.

I thought the standard warranty was 2 years?

I just registered the Xbox online.

Your Standard Warranty expires on April 27, 2012 it says.

I thought the standard warranty was 2 years?

From Amazon Website
    Box Contains

* Xbox 360 S Console (Gloss Black)
    * Xbox 360 S 250GB Removable Hard Drive
    * Xbox 360 Black Wireless Controller
    * Xbox 360 Black Headset
    * Xbox 360 Composite A/V cable (Standard Definition)
    * One Month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership
    * 1 Year Limited Express Warranty

Ah ok cheers.

I was going by what captain Chaos was saying.

So one year warranty in my case and 3 years for RROD?

So one year warranty in my case and 3 years for RROD?

Yep, it is deffinately 3yrs for a RROD failure. I was coming up to 3 years when my launch day console got the RROD failure in the Summer of 2008 and I didn't even register it. They knew how old it was by the serial number when I reported the fault it was made in November 2005. The console I got yesterday was made in November 2010, fairly oldish stock for Amazon considering the Xmas rush, hence the price I think.

People here have gotten them (MS) to honour the 2yr warranty which is standard on all electrical good in Ireland under Irish consumer law. Once you quote the exact law to them when reporting a general failure after the 1yr mark they don't even question you.

Thanks for that Captain Chaos.

Nicely explained.

Mine was manufactured in November 2010 as well.

I think it was so cheap as they price matched Tesco. Could be wrong though.

Yep, it is deffinately 3yrs for a RROD failure. I was coming up to 3 years when my launch day console got the RROD failure in the Summer of 2008 and I didn't even register it. They knew how old it was by the serial number when I reported the fault. The console I got yesterday was made in November 2010, fairly oldish stock for Amazon considering the Xmas rush, hence the price I think.

People here have gotten them (MS) to honour the 2yr warranty which is standard on all electrical good in Ireland under Irish consumer law. Once you quote the exact law to them when reporting a general failure after the 1yr mark they don't even question you.

But they have been bought in the UK (Amazon) therefore you are bound by UK consumer legislation. But microsoft might not know this when you call up.

Hogzy wrote: »
    But they have been bought in the UK (Amazon) therefore you are bound by UK consumer legislation. But microsoft might not know this when you call up.

True, but as far as I know, I think Irish, UK and EU consumer law on the warranty of electronic goods is fairly similar and the 18month-2yr time frame is a common standard even though most outlets provide a one year warranty, the manufacturer is supposed to conform to the law in the area in which the goods are sold. Feel free to correct me on that though.

So, within 1 year you could return it to Amazon, after 1yr contact MS. Its actually easier to deal directly with MS than the retailer from whom you bought the 360 from 90% of the time even if you bought it from the local Gamestop down the road unless it fails within a month or something extreme like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Impulse purchased.

Good spot Op, been waiting for a Slim bargain, I'm getting fed up trying to manage with a 20gb HD and no HDMI out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Got mine today after ordering Tuesday, great service from Amazon - very unusual for An Post to deliver on a Saturday, but the elections good for something (local candidate had some flyers to be delivered). Nice machine, almost silent, touch controls, tres cool :).

• Advertisement
Advertisement