Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Plus with a single wallplate signal output

• 14-02-2011 1:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm currently investigating the satellite tv options available in an apartment with a single satellite signal outlet on a wallplate. It's fed from a communal satellite dish so I assume it's a multiswitch setup with a diplexer wallplate in each apartment.

If it was the case that it was a diplexer wallplate, is there any way that it would be possible to feed the two inputs of a Sky Plus box from this single outlet. Would it be possible to get a wallplate that has two outputs or would that require a second cable to the multiswitch? I haven't taken the wallplate off yet so I don't even know if it is a diplexer or how many cables feed into it.

If it's a case that's there's no way around it and there can only be one satellite signal output, how would this work with a Sky Plus box? How would the box be connected in that situation? I understand that it'd mean not being able to record while watching something else simultaneously, but beggars can't be choosers! In that case, would the satellite signal need to be fed into the first or second input, or would it involve connecting to both through a splitter?

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated as I'm thoroughly confused! Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

It is almost certainly a single dipexed outlet.
    If there is a spare outlet on the multiswitch, it may be possible to add a stacker/destacker to the system. This will send two satellite IF feeds down a single coax cable by frequency shifting one feed.
    However, these only work if there is high quality coax cable installed. Cable run cannot be too long either, there are 50m and 100m versions available, but I would not rely on them to work at anywhere near these distances.
    The installer would , of course, need access to the system head-end and the building managers permission.
    If this is not possible, a sky+ or sky+ HD box can work with just one input.
    On older boxes, just connect to input 1, on late sky+ HD boxes (standard box now with every install, even if HD is not taken) single input has to be enabled in the installer set- up menu.

Advertisement