Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A thematic analysis of the DinoRex single player game

• 14-02-2011 1:11pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,755 CMod ✭✭✭✭

A moving narrative interlude:

sdfvco.png

What's going on here then?

3010g1k.png

Aha! Bonus stage!

260g1fs.png

vq6rk0.png

Let's knock up the scale a little bit.

2l9l011.png

I gave up on level four, after being repeatedly trounced by Barney the Dinosaur.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,755 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There's meant to be a picture here, but it's not showing up correctly:

34q616a.png

http://tinypic.com/r/34q616a/7

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Given that all the fun is in multiplayer, why oh why would you subject yourself to those screeches in singleplayer, surely there are more pleasurable things to do than that? Like having you gonads gnawed off by a rat, or something...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,755 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Given that all the fun is in multiplayer, why oh why would you subject yourself to those screeches in singleplayer, surely there are more pleasurable things to do than that? Like having you gonads gnawed off by a rat, or something...

Multiplayer doesn't have helicopters :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

So, do you play a Dinosaur in this game, or do you kill Dinosaurs?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hygro wrote: »
    So, do you play a Dinosaur in this game, or do you kill Dinosaurs?

I'm sorry, this area is off limits to visitors, please stay behind the rope, have a nice day! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

Sorry, if I ain't played it, I don't know about it :pac:

Did see it on my MAME emulator, though didn't fire it up.

Hygro wrote: »
    Sorry, if I ain't played it, I don't know about it :pac:

Did see it on my MAME emulator, though didn't fire it up.

You know what to do.

Ensure you pick the dinosaur shown in the pics for the full experience.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Can this game get anymore awesome. I saw a video on youtube of someone playing it and when they knocked down some masonry an anklosaur popped out. One of the dinosaurs picked the anklosaur up and was using him as a weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Can this game get anymore awesome. I saw a video on youtube of someone playing it and when they knocked down some masonry an anklosaur popped out. One of the dinosaurs picked the anklosaur up and was using him as a weapon.

I doubt it unless he got a masters degree in awesomeness from the university of sheer awesome and it was delivered on Dinosaur back by the most awesome woman ever.........Awesome word that awesome:pac::pac:

But really, is the rumour of a 3D version for the 3DS true?
    Will we finally have shreiky rambling up to the screen, fixing you with his beady eye and let out that ear splitting roar!!!
    Could happen, a couple of phonecalls to my mate Shigsy and we'll see what we can do...

• Advertisement
Advertisement