Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know what the music in this ad is?

Options
  • 14-02-2011 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reCVvoT5YBU

I've been searching around on the net but can't find any information about it. Someone in the comments said that it was from the Requiem For A Dream soundtrack, but I've listened to every track on that and can't find it. It sounds to me like it could be a John Murphy or Craig Armstrong piece, but I'm stumpted. I'm guessing it's a modern classical piece rather than anything, well, classical.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Just spent ten minutes looking for this

Requiem for a dream - Clint Mansell

• Registered Users Posts: 42 irol

That's not the piece in the ad though?

Funny enough, I've actually had similar trouble finding the piece that you linked below - I don't think that version was on the soundtrack, it was recorded separately for a Lord of the Rings trailer. Took me a while to find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Sounds like it was made for the add. Although could be any number of film composers. Zimmer, Mansell & Gregson-Williams come to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭petebricquette

Norrdeth wrote: »
    Sounds like it was made for the add. Although could be any number of film composers. Zimmer, Mansell & Gregson-Williams come to mind.

Yep, think you're right there. It doesn't sound like an excerpt from a piece; it's more that what you hear is the whole piece in that minute or so ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 RoseDubh

It's not "O Verona", is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sanguine Fan

"Am I not merciful?", track 14 from the Gladiator soundtrack.
    http://youtu.be/O9fMnF5B6Z8

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭PhiliousPhogg

God that's an awful rip off of Gorecki's third symphony

Advertisement