Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems in our estate

Options
  • 14-02-2011 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I was just wondering if anyone could help with this: we live in a private housing estate and over the last 3 years have had 5 traveller families move in,a sixth just the other day. There have been many problems with them from taking of doorbells to stabbings amongst themselves. We set up a committee for the estate and have been in contact with the gardai for help as one resident in particular has been recently threatened and told that by one traveller he was going to turn our estate into a halting site. Everyone is at their wits ends as our homes have dropped significantly in value and no one can rent their property either as a result of these families. The issue here is not that they are travellers,not for me anyways, it's for their blatant disregard of other people in the estate and thinking that they can run our lives. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

You house is a combination of two things.
    a) a home
    b) an investment (:o)

Your enjoyment of your home is obviously in jepoardy and you state that your house has already devalued.
    Sell and get out now whilst/if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 xander5

Zamboni wrote: »
    You house is a combination of two things.
    a) a home
    b) an investment (:o)

Your enjoyment of your home is obviously in jepoardy and you state that your house has already devalued.
    Sell and get out now whilst/if you can.

If we could we'd do it,but sadly the sale price wouldn't even come close to paying off the mortgage....plus why should we have to move because of these peolpe.....hopefully there's someway to solve the problem,just need to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

Get on to these guys:

http://paveepoint.ie/

Maybe they can help you.

(I'm serious here, not taking the pi$$)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

xander5 wrote: »
    If we could we'd do it,but sadly the sale price wouldn't even come close to paying off the mortgage....plus why should we have to move because of these peolpe.....hopefully there's someway to solve the problem,just need to find it.

That is a shame as I doubt you will have any resolution of the problems.
    Best of luck anyway.

Triangla wrote: »
    Get on to these guys:

http://paveepoint.ie/

Maybe they can help you.

(I'm serious here, not taking the pi$$)

I'll give it a look,we are at our wits ends here,thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

xander5 wrote: »
    taking of doorbells .

wtf??:confused:

As said get on to pavee point but don't be too hopeful.
    document everything and hound your local council non stop, no-one should have to put up with this shiite

wtf??:confused:

As said get on to pavee point but don't be too hopeful.
    document everything and hound your local council non stop, no-one should have to put up with this shiite

Yes anything not stuck to the ground the kids have taken.....I had a look at that site,but it seems to be for travellers....they'll no doubt say we are discriminating them,but I promise you we're not....it's just getting out of hand when residents get threatened and are told by the obvious head guy that he'll turn the estate into a halting site....it's just so disheartening!we've been ignored by the Community Welfare Officer and Traveller Liason guy....at least the guards seem to be trying to help....we just don't know what else or where else to turn to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rickdastardly

Hi Xander5 any luck with your problem, as were in the same boat here and any advice would be appreciated, there is 2 houses in our estate and 4 families in them........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Hi Xander5 any luck with your problem, as were in the same boat here and any advice would be appreciated, there is 2 houses in our estate and 4 families in them........

Check the PRTB website and see how many bedspaces the property is registered for. If the houses are privately rented the houses may be considered overcrowded if there are more people than bedspaces. You can make a third party complaint to the PRTB about any problems. If they are rented by the local authority then I suggest contacting some local councillors. Local elections are in 2 years time, many will be particularly interested in helping voters ;)

Advertisement