Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headsets??

• 14-02-2011 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭

Ax720 headset is 190 new in gestop how much would you pay for it used? Also which headset do you guys recommend??

Need to get one as I'm sick of gaming at night and getting a text saying turn down that xbox or it's going out the window ;) lol

which headset should i buy? also if any probs re any headset can u post them here? 6 votes

tritton ax pro special edition 200 euro
    0%
    turtle beach x41 150 euro
    33%
    SK1979Shammy 2 votes
    other i have not mentioned??
    66%
    Gran HermanomailrewopTheMooseInNamgarv123 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I use the PX21's (as I have a PS3 also), most of the lads have X1s or X11s and are very happy with, and they are quite a bit cheaper than 190 too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

Ax720 headset is 190 new in gestop how much would you pay for it used? Also which headset do you guys recommend??

Need to get one as I'm sick of gaming at night and getting a text saying turn down that xbox or it's going out the window ;) lol

Turtle beach X11s are a brilliant and reasonably priced headset. You wont believe the difference they will make on your gaming especially shooters where sounds that you would not hear normally will be crystal. They are in Gamestop for around 60 euro.
    There are more expensive models with wireless dolby 7.1 surround but I find the X11s to be more than enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

WHAT ABOUT X41S? turtle beach like? any use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Is there any real need for it to be xbox specific ? Like how much would you play on line and need to chat ? For me rarely when it's late or I need to be quiet.

I have my xbox connected with an optic cable to my stereo to make use of the high end speakers, uuummmmmmppppphhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :D

But I also have a nice comfy headset for when I need to keep the noise down, connected to the stereo. You get a lot more for less in terms of normal vs xbox specific headfones in terms of price and sound qualify.

But thats just my 2 cents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

WHAT ABOUT X41S? turtle beach like? any use?
    The x41s are said to be inferior to the x31s.
    Yes, you get more speakers in the headset in the x41s for a surround sound experience, but the quality of the speakers are apparently worse.
    Also, the range on the x41's transmitter is weaker than the x31s. If you want to go wireless and with the TBs, pick up the x31s and if you want surround sound there is a thing you can get to add on to the x31s to simulate it with you quality speakers.

• Advertisement

Hi guys ok I'm undecided on 2 different headsets!! One is the turtle beach x41s and the other is tritton ax pro you know the call of duty ones?? The triton are 200 notes in shops and the turtlebeach can be gotten used for say 120 euro thing is I have vouchers and CDs and DVDs I can trade!!

Which of the 2 is the best way to go??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Hi guys ok I'm undecided on 2 different headsets!! One is the turtle beach x41s and the other is tritton ax pro you know the call of duty ones?? The triton are 200 notes in shops and the turtlebeach can be gotten used for say 120 euro thing is I have vouchers and CDs and DVDs I can trade!!

Which of the 2 is the best way to go??

I thought the trittons 720's were 150 in game :confused:

If you are going to spend 200 on a headset then astros a 40's are the way to go.

Do not buy a headset that doesn't have surround sound

px21/31's any like these are a waste of your money.......you have no idea where the enemies are coming from.

ergo - they're sh1te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I thought the trittons 720's were 150 in game :confused:

If you are going to spend 200 on a headset then astros a 40's are the way to go.

Do not buy a headset that doesn't have surround sound

px21/31's any like these are a waste of your money.......you have no idea where the enemies are coming from.

ergo - they're sh1te

Not true, I have a 5.1 surround sound system which I use most of the time, but when playing CoD online I use my PX21's, and I find it easier to locate enemies. You should know that they aren't coming from one direction (either you have a clear line of sight, or there is a wall behind you etc), so its pretty obvious where they are coming from, even with stereo headphones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Turtle Beach X11 €45 in Smyths and all you need IMO. I don't understand forking out so much more for wireless (though the X31 are €90 in SMyths if needs be). Yes there's a lot of wires to be run but nothing gets in the way that I find with the X11 set. Quality headphones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Tritton Ax Pro's are the way to go.Got a set last year and they're unreal.200 for the 720's is a bit on the expensive side.they're goin for 160 on amazon.

• Advertisement

Sorry they are ax pros I'm looking at! The ax720s are 150 instore

Is there much of a difference between the ax720s and the ax pros? Also would the turtle beach x41s be a bad buy for 100 or should I push the boat out got the ax pros??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

This is the site where I got mine
    http://www.limexb360.co.uk/product/Tritton_AX_PRO_Dolby_5.1_Headphones_TAXPRO
    They have a great selection of headsets.
    Main difference between ax pro and the 720's is that the ax pro's have True 5.1 Surround Sound and have 4 speakers in each cup,you can also individually adjust the volume of each speaker.
    I'd definitely go for the ax pros.The x41's dont do true surround sound they use simulated surround ,also there isn't a lot of games out there that utilise 7.1 surround sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Sorry they are ax pros I'm looking at! The ax720s are 150 instore

Is there much of a difference between the ax720s and the ax pros? Also would the turtle beach x41s be a bad buy for 100 or should I push the boat out got the ax pros??

€100 for x41's... definitely go for them! I use the TB x41's and find them excellent. Initially, I had the base station right beside my wifi router and was getting a lot of popping noises. Changed the frequency on the router and have them about four foot apart and they're perfect.

Biggest advantage of the x41's over other brands is that you get your voice filtered back in through the headset so you don't get that weird sensation of not being able to hear your own voice.

Also, voice chat gets adjusted compared to game noise... just means less time adjusting the volume.

Only disadvantage is that you'll need to use rechargeable batteries and always have two on standby. They function perfectly right up to when the last bit of power is used, without warning.

Also, check out the new Razer Chimaera 5.1 headset. It's getting released in the next few days. Should retail around €120 or so. That LIMEx360 site has them listed but pre-orders aren't being taken yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

absolutely nothing wrong with the x11's. they're on my to-get-list among many other things when i get a few pound or win the lotto.

you can control the chat volume and game volume on them too so if some little **** is wrecking your head you can turn it down.

you seem more interested in the more expensive ones though. is surround sound necessary in the games you'll be playing?

COD BO made a balls of the sound in the game which is a let down.

garv123 wrote: »
    absolutely nothing wrong with the x11's. they're on my to-get-list among many other things when i get a few pound or win the lotto.

you can control the chat volume and game volume on them too so if some little **** is wrecking your head you can turn it down.

you seem more interested in the more expensive ones though. is surround sound necessary in the games you'll be playing?

COD BO made a balls of the sound in the game which is a let down.
    ok main reasons for getting a headset are as follows

1 baby above where i game and believe me i hate having no sound GRRRR

2 CAN ONLY GAME AT NIGHT AS 1 TV AND MISSUS IS A DEMON.... LOL she is not really i swear she is lovely...

3 love the idea of surround sound for shooters and scary **** like dead space

4 i have some vouchers etc burning a hole and was lookin at spending a few quid on a decent headset to compensate for having to use one in the first place.

5 the more expensive headsets look sooooo goood DROOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

ok main reasons for getting a headset are as follows

1 baby above where i game and believe me i hate having no sound GRRRR

2 CAN ONLY GAME AT NIGHT AS 1 TV AND MISSUS IS A DEMON.... LOL she is not really i swear she is lovely...

3 love the idea of surround sound for shooters and scary **** like dead space

4 i have some vouchers etc burning a hole and was lookin at spending a few quid on a decent headset to compensate for having to use one in the first place.

5 the more expensive headsets look sooooo goood DROOL

the x11's suit all them needs. they are brilliant for scary games such as dead space too.
    i just cant justify spending 200 quid on something to give you surround sound when 60 quid will get you a brilliant set.

btw you screaming like a bitch playing dead space will still wake the baby ;):pac:

do the turtle beach x41s defo have full surround sound?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

turtle beach x41 150 euro
    do the turtle beach x41s defo have full surround sound?

Yes they do , but there are known problems with them . I have the tritton ax pro special edition and i think they are really good a lot sturdier than the turtle beaches which was my main reason for getting them.

arrived home today to a late valentines present.....

tritton ax pro the call of duty black ops edition didnt even have to use my vouchers lol oh yeah....

WOW the sound is amazing and i mean amazing i am playing through dead space right now and im honestly ****ting myself and thats the truth this headset has fantastic clarity

so all i have to say is I HAVE THE NICEST WIFE IN THE WORLD....

Advertisement