Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Rockets - Naas

Options
  • 14-02-2011 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

Heard from a fairly solid Source Eddie Rockets is headed to Naas.

New building built last year next to Barker and Jones to be the location!

I think it's a good spot for it, but my God Naas has been like a ghost town since Superquinn went...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

its a shame itd have to be eddie line their pockets, why cant someone put in a proper american diner?? dammit!! , oh and i think naas has been pretty crap since mattimoes and finans closed, superquinn has only been gone a couple of weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

its a shame itd have to be eddie line their pockets, why cant someone put in a proper american diner?? dammit!! , oh and i think naas has been pretty crap since mattimoes and finans closed, superquinn has only been gone a couple of weeks!

Love it! Next you'll be lamenting Chicken America after stumbling out of a mini bus pissed drunk from the Ambo! They were the days!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 GodivaLPP

DWCommuter wrote: »
    Love it! Next you'll be lamenting Chicken America after stumbling out of a mini bus pissed drunk from the Ambo! They were the days!
    or Stirrups even!

(yep - first post - had to comment!):)

ah Chicken America, with carrots in the taco fries :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

GodivaLPP wrote: »
    or Stirrups even!

(yep - first post - had to comment!):)

or Rosetown :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 GodivaLPP

siochain wrote: »
    or Rosetown :)

what can I say about Rosetown?

All else fails just go in the back door!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

GodivaLPP wrote: »
    what can I say about Rosetown?

All else fails just go in the back door!:)

no way thats gas.

A gang of us used to give TC 20 fags and he'd let us all in the back door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Tomcat2

Chicken Abortion after the Ambassador that's going back a bit isn't it ?

Eddie Rockets took their time getting to Naas considering the proximity to Dublin.
    I mean they are practically all over Ireland now Wicklow, Waterford, Kilkenny,
    Clare and Tipperary.Well it is franchise operation I suppose. Nice Burgers, Dogs and
    Chicken Wings should do well in Naas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

Does anyone know when they're due to open? I see that there's a sign in the upstairs window, but I didn't see a date...

Hope they open late, at least until the pubs shut. An alternative to Abrakebabra would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Its the price of the food that keeps me out of "Empty Youre Pockets".They must have the dearest burger and chips in Ireland!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Its the price of the food that keeps me out of "Empty Youre Pockets".They must have the dearest burger and chips in Ireland!!

You may be right, but it is one of the only ones that I can eat a meal at midday and it'll do me till a snack at tea time. Go to nearly any other place and you'll be hungry a few hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I get lunch there the odd time, you can get a Half sub meal for 6.50 (cheaper than a McD's) or a regular burger, full portion of chips and a drink for 9.50. I'd hardly call that expensive for what you're getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭easygoing39

@ Graham,it looks like youre right and Im wrong.I was going by my experience of the them back a few years ago.But after looking at their menu on-line it looks like very good value,price's seem to reflect the dire state of most people's finance's and have been lowered from when I used to eat there!!!Think I'll make a return to E Rockets soon.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Ah Eddies was very pricey and still is if you just order individual things but the deals I mentioned are great value for what they are :)

Eddie Rockets isn't overpriced for it's market.Similar chains here in the UK like Ed's Diner, Fatty Arbuckles, Old Orleans and TGI Fridays are priced at the same levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Avitar

Eddie Rockets Naas??? DON'T get their mini Cheesecake. I thought "not hungry will have this with a cup of coffee, 10 mins left before the ticket on the car runs out!" At €1.5 I was expecting it to be small but not the size of an iced caramel! So that's about the size and even though it looked flat and tasteless I thought it must be really nice though because they are treating it like gold the portion is so small. After being forgotten twice it arrives and I take a tiny bit off the side thinking this must be savoured, OMG sawdust would taste better. It was false tasting and I would be ashamed to hand it to anyone first because the size was laughably small and second because it tasted so horrible. Needless to say small as it was I could not eat it. What are they thinking? I should have gone across the road to Mc D and got a decent sundae! When I said on being asked was everything ok I just said it was awful I got no comment. What are they thinking I say again! By the way Eurospar give fantastic slice of cheesecake for a similar price and decent normal size. Any one else try the mini cheesecake thing...

I was over in LA on holidays at Universal City and they got Johnny Rockets diners over there.Apparently Johnny Rockets precedes Eddie Rockets as a concept by a number of years.I didn't even try it out though cause there were just too many other better places to go to get hot dogs and burgers.The hot dogs over there are better quality mainly made out of beef not like the cheap pork and turkey ones you get here.They got this other chain in California called Fatburger and their burgers and dogs were fantastic.Now if only they would franchise out over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

went into Eddie Rockets a few weeks ago with the kids

not impressed with the burgers, thought Liffey Valleys ones are much better and it was only warm

They also moved us from a mediocre table to down by the door where everybody queues to get in. The layout is poor and service was slow

Wont be going back in a hurry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

The worst service ever. Would never darken the door again

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

Why, oh why do we need more foreign businesses in Naas. Is the town not dead enough yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

sparksfly wrote: »
    Why, oh why do we need more foreign businesses in Naas. Is the town not dead enough yet?

Eddie Rockets is an Irish company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

went to eat there 3 weeks ago.
    Food was very tasty, but the wait was unacceptable for a burger joint. 45 mins wait after out order.

It looked like the kitchen is not big enough to accommodate the size of restaurant . the cooks where overwhelmed even with a half full joint.

We where seated near the hatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

Joe Public wrote: »

Eddie Rockets is an Irish company.
    Sorry for my ignorance, that's good news, I will support them.

It's the worst Eddie Rockets I've ever been to. Supervisors/managers not having a clue what's going on, wait staff obviously not giving a f**k, too long a wait to be seated, even longer wait to get menus and then a longer wait to get the food. Tables around us were left empty and dirty for ages while people were still being made wait for ages for a table. Food was ususal Eddie Rockets fare, and the coffee was nice. However was left standing at the till for ages waiting to pay and had to go to the kitchen to get someone's attention. I was there for twice as long as I thought I would be. Won't ever bother going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,847 ✭✭✭✭L1011

As said its an Irish firm, its also a franchise anyway so the individual stores are generally locally owned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Ive only been once and that was a Monday afternoon in October. Food great, Service great and staff friendly. But place was virtually empty. So I expect that I need to visit more regularly to get a greater feel for how it really performs.

Ate in a lot of Dublin branches in the 90s and could see the slide to oblivion, but apparently they are now upping their game since they were reinvented.

Ate in a lot of Dublin branches in the 90s and could see the slide to oblivion, but apparently they are now upping their game since they were reinvented.

Yup I remember one of the original ones in Anne street in Dublin was really good in the early 90's.I think the first one was in Rathmines ??? It's like any of these things once it's starts to get bigger the quality starts to go down.At least it's good that punters in Naas have a bit of choice these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 blacksmokebilly

Had a burger here during the week and the meat was a third less in size than normal. Eat the whole thing in about two minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Very old thread..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement