Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garage charged me for fuel - Say its for previous transaction

Options
  • 14-02-2011 3:33pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭

i was in Aldi the other day and my laser card was declined.
    got me checking my online statements and noticed that a petrol station had charged me €50.00 and the transaction took place on a day i was at home and no chip and pin was used.

i instantly thought my card was skimmed and cancelled it and filled in a form at AIB.

in the mean time i had been in contact with the garage and they say that in Jun 2010 i got 50e worth of fuel but it wasnt debited against my account as their machine was acting up on some transactions, but they did say to request a statement and if i was charged then they will refund me.

can they just do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Yes. Laser allows what you describe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

In the days when I had Laser, I often had transactions going through a day or 2 after the purchase (quite often with garages as it happens) but they were always in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

Advertisement