Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone fixs PS3 in Mayo

Options
  • 14-02-2011 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am looking for some to fix my ps3 in mayo.It turns on for a few minutes then turns off.Like to be able to drive up and drive down same day.Anyone know of someone doing this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Ring sony sister had a problem with hers and they repaired it even though it was out of warrenty app there is a known flaw in some ps3s. There was a tread about it somewhere on boards maybe in consumer issues do a search and it may shed a bit of light on wheather you have any recourse with sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Whats the number your sister rang ill give them a call tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Went into Gamestop in Castlebar as mine died 3 weeks ago, they said I can send it to Sony and pay 170 quid for a refurbished one which would have a one month warranty or I could try and get someone to fix it, tried the hairdryer trick on mine and it worked for a couple of seconds, the problem with them is the circuits have worn away with over use, that's what I heard anyways

Yea I was in at them aswell and told me the same thing,be handy if someone in mayo could fix it,instead of sending it to someone in dublin.Ill ring sony tomorrow and see what they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Think it was sony ireland, they told her similar story, but when it was sent off and they looked at it they fixed it and no charge. If you had knowledge of what ever ongoing problem ps3s have you may have room to negotiate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭captainwang

http://www.facebook.com/pages/console-repairs-mayo/407595917039

Seen this guy on Facebook, no fix no fee
    087xxxxx

Thanks messged him there

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Can you let me know if he fixes it for you and how much does he charge, thanks!

he was saying that ,there is no premenant fix for it and that it could work for a month or a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

I fixed my sons ylod myself,
    there are good instructions on YouTube.
    Give yourself plenty of space and time.
    Just be careful as it voids the warranty.

• Advertisement
Advertisement