Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Various football 5/6 sides, city locations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭phoenix99

Myself and a mate are free for a game around the city a couple of evenings a week. Any free slots, PM me for contact details.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 13 pappyirl

I am looking for a regular game in the evenings, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. I live in the city so anywhere close. Please PM for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 underdog2011

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    There's a group of us booked one of the astro pitch cages in Mervue for the 8:15-9:15pm slot for Tuesdays.
    10 is the ideal number, 12 managable.
    Let me know if you're interested in playing.

It's just a kickaround amongst some work colleagues/a bit of fun so your skill level isn't important.

Cheers,
    Pa.
    Ya that sounds great me and one of the lads will play every week if you can fit us in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Just wondering how successful this has been so far. Is there a group that play on a regular if not weekly basis?

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Just wondering how successful this has been so far. Is there a group that play on a regular if not weekly basis?

It has been good for our group that play in drom from wed 8-9 anyhow. we were struggling after losing a few players. Picked up 5 players here that play regularly now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 IKnowNowt

Does anyone here play in the Galway Hibs astro pitch on Sean Mulvoy road? I'm well keen to get playing again and that spot is perfect. I can't play Monday or Thursday but any other day is fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

IKnowNowt wrote: »
    Does anyone here play in the Galway Hibs astro pitch on Sean Mulvoy road? I'm well keen to get playing again and that spot is perfect. I can't play Monday or Thursday but any other day is fine.

We were playing there since december. The Groundskeeper is a joke of a man. Double booked over the top of us three weeks in a row then didnt show up another week. We got tired of him fúcking us around and haven't been going in a while since. I have the number for it if a group wants to start it up again I'd love to play, provided someone managed to get some sense into that man's head. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

Timmyctc wrote: »
    We were playing there since december. The Groundskeeper is a joke of a man. Double booked over the top of us three weeks in a row then didnt show up another week. We got tired of him fúcking us around and haven't been going in a while since. I have the number for it if a group wants to start it up again I'd love to play, provided someone managed to get some sense into that man's head. :pac:

its like dealing with a brick thats been hit with a bigger brick and then drank a load of whiskey to get rid of the pain from being hit by the brick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

sea_monkey wrote: »
    its like dealing with a brick thats been hit with a bigger brick and then drank a load of whiskey to get rid of the pain from being hit by the brick.
    This. Any situation where you have to ring a guy to ring a guy to turn on the lights is not going to end well. An absolute joke the way that astro is run. Absolute farce.

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    This. Any situation where you have to ring a guy to ring a guy to turn on the lights is not going to end well. An absolute joke the way that astro is run. Absolute farce.

its almost as if you were with us for most of that. :P xx oo

• Advertisement

That's a shame, no idea why these things can't be run properly considering the amount of money they can generate if run well.

If anyone is getting something going there then defo count me in, before I become a complete lardo!

That's a shame, no idea why these things can't be run properly considering the amount of money they can generate if run well.

If anyone is getting something going there then defo count me in, before I become a complete lardo!

A few of us lads are trying to get one organised on Wednesday. Its free 9-10pm but dunno about how many are interested yet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Need one tonight in Drom 6-7, get in touch!

A few of us lads are trying to get one organised on Wednesday. Its free 9-10pm but dunno about how many are interested yet

9-10? That place is busier than I thought then! Are you sure 9-10 is the only open slot, I don't imagine many will be keen. :(

9-10? That place is busier than I thought then! Are you sure 9-10 is the only open slot, I don't imagine many will be keen. :(

On a Wednesday apparently yeah. I'm telling ye that place is as poorly run as you can imagine. The owner and the groundskeeper have two separate books for bookings and I reckon half the times they say are booked have long since been vacant they are jokers. The number for the owner (sean) is redacted if you wanna inquire. I'd recommend asking him for the groundskeepers number too if you were serious about booking it because when we were double booked over they had two separate booking lists. Its in a great spot and I love playing there but isn't worth the bother sometimes

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Phone number removed, if it's publicly available info then feel free to link to it, otherwise share it privately

Phone number removed, if it's publicly available info then feel free to link to it, otherwise share it privately

It is publicly available -_- its on the side of the astroturf itself in massive bold lettering -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 10 fergaldublin

Need one tonight in Drom 6-7, get in touch!

Are you still looking for numbers in Drom? I've just moved to Galway and am looking for a game. PM me for phone number and text me anytime you're short numbers. Same goes for other venues.

On a Wednesday apparently yeah. I'm telling ye that place is as poorly run as you can imagine. The owner and the groundskeeper have two separate books for bookings and I reckon half the times they say are booked have long since been vacant they are jokers. The number for the owner (sean) is redacted if you wanna inquire. I'd recommend asking him for the groundskeepers number too if you were serious about booking it because when we were double booked over they had two separate booking lists. Its in a great spot and I love playing there but isn't worth the bother sometimes

Anymore movement on this, no? I didn't get the number you posted but I'm new to Galway anyway so I've got no one but myself to sign up! I was kinda hoping to get in with peeps that are already in there. :(

Anymore movement on this, no? I didn't get the number you posted but I'm new to Galway anyway so I've got no one but myself to sign up! I was kinda hoping to get in with peeps that are already in there. :(

Nothing yet I'm afraid. If we opened it to everyone here would there be any interest? Any age any level game? Like there'd be between 3-5 of us that you could count on going regularly. I still have the two numbers for that place and they are printed on the side of the Astro itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 MasterZidane

Nothing yet I'm afraid. If we opened it to everyone here would there be any interest? Any age any level game? Like there'd be between 3-5 of us that you could count on going regularly. I still have the two numbers for that place and they are printed on the side of the Astro itself.

Id def be up for a kick around, cud do the Wednesday nights regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

what night were u thinking? which astro?

gufc21 wrote: »
    what night were u thinking? which astro?

The one in Terryland. Galway hibs. Its free wednesday night 9-10 i think.

Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday are all ok by me, you can count me as a regular too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 pappyirl

I would be interested in a regular game, most nights apart from Thursday would suit me.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭phoenix99

I would be up for a regular game some evening during the week.

That looks like about 6 of us so far, not a bad start.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Count me in too! Need to get in shape!

So far we have potentially 7:
    Me (IKnowNowt)
    Timmyctc
    Shooter Galway
    phoenix99
    pappyirl
    MasterZidane
    fergaldublin ?

Wednesday 9-10 is not a great slot, but once we're in then surely we can look at getting a better one. If you are interested in this regularly then quote this and add your name, surely we can get at least 3 more and get this thing going!

I know of 2 more lads that will DEF play so stick me down as +2. The pitch over there is quite big but the nets are movable so you can re-size the pitch. Ideal would be 14 players. I could see about maybe getting a few more lads but if the numbers are low there's no problem making the pitch smaller

• Advertisement

Cool Timmy, a little extra space to play in is no big deal anyway. I'd play 4v4 if it meant getting a game tbh, I'm getting fatter and not fitter with each passing day!

Ok, so far we have potentially 9:
    Me (IKnowNowt)
    Timmyctc +2
    Shooter Galway
    phoenix99
    pappyirl
    MasterZidane
    fergaldublin ?

Wednesday 9-10 is not a great slot, but once we're in then surely we can look at getting a better one. If you're interested in this regularly then quote this and add your name, surely we can get at least 1-3 more and get this thing going!

PM your name and number/twitter/email/whatever's convenient to me or Timmyctc if you want in and we can set up a contact list.

Advertisement