Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Various football 5/6 sides, city locations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Would be very interested in playing a regular game in Galway on Wednesday / Thursday evenings, preferably after 6.30/7pm.

PM me if anyone has any spots going free!!:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Funkygreendogs

Theres a game on tomorrow at around 6/6.30 up the Drom, if anyones interested send me a PM thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Funkygreendogs

still 1 or 2 spaces available for game this evening up the Drom kickoff around 6/6:30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hawseywasey

hey,just wondering if there are any astro leagues in place or starting at the moment around galway city???tanx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,866 ✭✭✭deisedude

Is there an astroturf league in the pitch in westside? Looking to get into 5 a side and that pitch is near me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pdiddy

hi if any one is looking for a regular 5 aside game we are short of players for our wed game from 6-7, pm me if your interested, its nothing serious just a bit of a laugh all fitness types accepted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

pdiddy wrote: »
    hi if any one is looking for a regular 5 aside game we are short of players for our wed game from 6-7, pm me if your interested, its nothing serious just a bit of a laugh all fitness types accepted :D

Myself and another buddy would generally be available for games at short notice or a regular game every week depending on time....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 coregan11

Looking for a regular kick about or available for a game at short notice also, Just moved to Oranmore and looking to get back into a regular kick about or 7 a side league

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kqcregg

Hi coregann11. We play every monday night (Except bank holidays) in oranmore on the main astro pitch from 9:30 to 10:30 if you are interested. Pitch is across from the church. A good mix of ages and ability so all welcome. Numbers vary from 5 a side to 10 a side week to week. PM me if you want more info.

Myself and possibly another mate (depending on time) are looking for a regular 5 a side game in Drom...most nights would suit before 8pm but will consider later times too on certain nights. Feel free to PM with any offers...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stigman1

I have recently moved to Galway and am looking for a 5 or 7 a side astroturf game any evening of the week preferably before 9 o clock either in Drom or Oranmore as I'm living in the outskirts of the City Location doesnt really matter.Please PM me if you have anything available thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MadMagpie

Anybody fancy a game at Astrobay today 6-7, let me know we could do with couple more players

• Registered Users Posts: 23 daithi12

im interested in playing a bit of 5 a side
    Mondays Tuesdays or Thursdays.
    Any time would be suitable.
    Let me know if you have any places available.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Hi, any group there with free spot. Can play Mon-Fri mornings until 1pm, weekends anytime. Please let me know. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Malice wrote: »
    I play on Mondays at 7PM in Drom and we are short a few players due to injuries and emigration. If anyone's interested in playing please drop me a PM. Depending on where you live (and if you don't mind getting into a car with a complete stranger from the Internet :p) a lift can be organised if required.

Bumping this. I've managed to forget my phone so we're stuck on 7 players for tonight's game at 7 in Drom. If anyone's interested in playing please drop me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hansbo

Just wondering if there is any weekly 5 aside competitions around?
    There used to be one every Sunday down in Drom but it just stopped out of the blue one week. Can't find anything on google

• Registered Users Posts: 28 helloghan

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for players for a Monday night game at 8pm in the nuig kingfisher. If you're interested PM me. I'm tired of not getting a game, so I'm just going to organise it myself! First come first serve, level not important.

Only 7 spots available!

helloghan wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

I'm looking for players for a Monday night game at 8pm in the nuig kingfisher. If you're interested PM me. I'm tired of not getting a game, so I'm just going to organise it myself! First come first serve, level not important.

Only 7 spots available!

Is this indoor?

gandroid wrote: »
    Is this indoor?

Yes indoor.

Six now left, I'm sure with all the interest in this thread therell be a few more of ye.

• Advertisement

And then there was five...

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

3 spots free tonight if anyone is interested and there will also be spots free every week. PM me if you fancy it

• Registered Users Posts: 7 DaveGreen83

helloghan wrote: »
    And then there was five...

Still need any extra players?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 DaveGreen83

I run a game at Drum 4pm every Sunday if anyone wants to play.

Also looking for any other games throughout the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 IKnowNowt

Hi all,

Just moved to Galway and looking to get back into the footie, any astro-turf games looking for players on Friday or Saturday (preferably Friday)?
    Not bothered about the time, just as long as it's not too far on foot from my house (beside Dunnes on Headford Rd.).
    I'd be looking to get in for a game every week, won't let you down.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CathalMcCrory

Just moved to Galway recently, living in Shantalla, looking for a game! if any one needs players give me a shout on 086xxx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Moving to Galway for work on Wednesday. Usually play 3 or 4 times a week and will seriously miss it when im down. Be nice to get a few games in and meet some new people, drop me a PM if anyone needs an extra man!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 underdog2011

Hi im just wondering if theres anyone out there who could use two players for astro league. me and one of my mates just wanna play footie a few evenings a week but its hard to get numbers. We're not world class but we're we can kick a ball :rolleyes: any offers would be greatly appreciated!! i have a car so anywhere around galway would be great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,845 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

A couple for for the ladies here!

Astrobay in Renmore are trying to get together a 7 a side league starting on Friday. €40 per squad per match and games are 40 minutes long. If you don't have a team or can't get a team together, PM me. I can't get a team so the guy running it is trying to put a team together of "stragglers"! So this would be a team where everyone is kind of meeting for the first time. It includes a referee also.

The Galway City Development OFficer is also running another Astro league.
    A WOMENS 5-a-side league will begin on November 5th and run for 8 weeks, 4 before Christmas and 4 after. The league is being supported by the Galway Sports Partnership.

Venue: AstroTurf, Corrib Rangers (UEFA A standard Astroturf)

Time: 9pm – 10pm (10pm – 11pm also available if needed for additional teams)

Duration: 8 Weeks

Dates: November 5th , 12th, 19th and 26th.

January 21st, 28th, and February 4th , 11th

Cost: €80 per team

Each team will play a total of 15 games, of 20 mins duration over the 8 weeks with 2 games each Monday.

5-a-side teams with a maximum squad of 8 (3 substitutes)

Subs will be roll on and off

Squads must have at least 1 player who is NOT a registered Galway League player have at least 1 non Irish National – (this will encourage new players to take part)

Minimum age of players participating is 16

Please contact Nigel Keady at nigel.keady@fai.ie to confirm a place and receive registration details.

Entries to be received by Friday September 28th. Places are limited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 whoops_jimmy

Just moved to Galway myself and looking football. Why dont the last few posties join together and get our own 5 a side going. PM me and then can see what numbers are like and if its workable??

Advertisement