Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can i get out of contract under eu reg 17

Options
  • 14-02-2011 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭

hi eircom

I order a phone line in june 10, in july i ordered broadband as a standalone product.

i do not have a call package.

under eu regulation 17, can i get out of contract based on the above?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

ingen wrote: »
    hi eircom

I order a phone line in june 10, in july i ordered broadband as a standalone product.

i do not have a call package.

under eu regulation 17, can i get out of contract based on the above?

Hi ingen,

I responded to your thread:

moving line to other operator query.

If you have placed an order with eircom, you can PM any reference numbers or your address and I will check that out for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

Hi ingen,

I responded to your thread:

moving line to other operator query.

If you have placed an order with eircom, you can PM any reference numbers or your address and I will check that out for you.

Thanks, Mark

hi Mark, bit of a mute point at this stage, but to close off this thread, eircom were unhelpful, and stated that i needed to cease the line to get out of contract. am i not entitled to withdraw from contract, without penalty,?? surely forcing someone to cease their line is a penalty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

ingen wrote: »
    hi Mark, bit of a mute point at this stage, but to close off this thread, eircom were unhelpful, and stated that i needed to cease the line to get out of contract. am i not entitled to withdraw from contract, without penalty,?? surely forcing someone to cease their line is a penalty?

Hi ingen,

I apologise if you feel the agents you spoke to were unhelpful but I can see if there is any way I can help If I can check out your account or order.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

hi to update this thread, i am no longer an eircom customer, it took just 4 days to move my backup line and broadband to the new provider.

1160772608.png [URL="[URL=http://www.pingtest.net][IMG]http://www.pingtest.net/result/34783004.png[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]34783004.png

:D

it is quick because the different providers just resell eircoms service, and eircom just give them different login details to their exchange equipment.

if you have requested to change provider, dial 19800 if the message tells you that your calls are now with the new provider, then the broadband settings VPI/VCI etc for your new provider should work straight away.

Advertisement