Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galway GAA discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Redo91

I rang O’Connors Centra regarding tickets for the Kildare game. They said they are all out and also added that they do not have a separate allocation to what’s available online so I guess it just means constantly checking tickets.ie.

I was on it there about 20 minutes ago and was put in a brief queue which got my hopes up. When I got to the end of it it just said that tickets were no longer available. At least it isn’t saying sold out just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

I says wrote: »
    No we're not. One lad mentioned that it was best to order tickets for the semi final through your club as it might be easier to get tickets for the final then - that was it!

Is that not talking about the final?

What difference does it make? He is not playing is he? Won’t have any bearing on the outcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭I says

It is - from one lad. Not 'the Clare boys'! You can be damn sure the majority of us in Clare know we're up against it Saturday week.

Saying that, I'd love it if we were having a conversation about all ireland tickets in 2 weeks time!!

May the best team win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

You'd want to have deep pockets to be a Galway GAA supporter these. Senior footballers and hurlers, U-21 hurlers and minor footballers and hurlers all still motoring in their various competitions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Defo savouring the current success. Wasn't too long ago we were losing to Antrim in championship football and losing hurling quarter finals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

You'd want to have deep pockets to be a Galway GAA supporter these. Senior footballers and hurlers, U-21 hurlers and minor footballers and hurlers all still motoring in their various competitions.

We'll have had/ to have a good 8 consecutive weekends of it now all going well, 4 of those in Croker. The price of success!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vid36

More Kildare tickets, on the site now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Redo91

vid36 wrote: »
    More Kildare tickets, on the site now.
    Came on to post this. Literally got mine two minutes ago so they are still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭cosatron

Just after getting section 308 lower Cusack on ticket.ie happy days hon galway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

cosatron wrote: »

Lower Cusack? WTF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

James Owens been named as ref for Gal v Clare. Has made some questionable decisions against galway in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

Lower Cusack? WTF?

Must be for the hurling semi final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

cosatron wrote: »
    Lower Cusack? WTF?
    Must be for the hurling semi final

Ah right, brain is addled, mates getting me tickets for the Kildare game, thought I'd lost it there..........!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭I says

James Owens been named as ref for Gal v Clare. Has made some questionable decisions against galway in the past.

I’m not sure but the semifinal refs don’t get to ref the final correct me if I’m wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

It looks like it will be James Mcgrath or colm Lyons from Cork for the all Ireland so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭christy c

Anyone know of any supporters buses going to football from city?

kala85 wrote: »
    It looks like it will be James Mcgrath or colm Lyons from Cork for the all Ireland so.

Once its not Kirwan or McAllister I don't overly mind.

Which if Cork make, rules 3 of those 4 out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

What about the kick outs Gilberto?..........you must have been well pleased on Sunday.

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    What about the kick outs Gilberto?..........you must have been well pleased on Sunday.

Two things.

One you're the second poster bringing it up and dragging a reply out of me when I've not posted about it.

Secondly Dublin won 23/25 and zonal pressed Donegal to lose nearly half of theirs.

We're man marking which lets space be created and kicked half to a packed midfield which we won about 80% of.

You won't win 80% of those on a game by game basis.

We can't win 23/25 as our players stand stactic in traditional positions.

It is what it is and it won't change with KW so let's just play it out.

christy c wrote: »

Did you ring Lally's Bus? They usually have a bus or two going from Spiddal with stopoffs outside Jurys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭westcork67

Two things.

One you're the second poster bringing it up and dragging a reply out of me when I've not posted about it.

Secondly Dublin won 23/25 and zonal pressed Donegal to lose nearly half of theirs.

We're man marking which lets space be created and kicked half to a packed midfield which we won about 80% of.

You won't win 80% of those on a game by game basis.

We can't win 22/25 as our players stand stactic in traditional positions.

It is what it is and it won't change with KW so let's just play it out.

You are entitled to your opinion and I agree that the kick out strategy has been a work in progress for some time but you could at least give some credit to KW and the management team for the progress the team has made?!?!?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

christy c wrote: »

Did you try the tribesmen supporters club or maybe get the train

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

71% overall Galway won their own kickouts. 15/21. They won 35% of Kerry's overall. Galway won 10/10 of their own kickouts in the first half. Lavelle when given a runner is an unbelievable kicker of a ball. Couple in the first half one to Shane Walsh in space and I think Brannigan was the other in space around midfield were exceptional efforts. But as Gilberto said Galway started going to the crowded midfield the longer the game went on. Progress is being made but in wide open spaces of Croke Park more runs need to be made and space created for runners. The 12 wides and three dropped short made a difficult game more difficult. (Kerry had 11 wides some equally as poor as ours.) Plenty of improvement can be made. Hopefully it can be made. Running game was not as strong as it should be. Laboured movement stifled our ability to get good ball into Burke and Comer. A battle and hopefully a dry ball could show us more of this Galway team on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭christy c

Did you ring Lally's Bus? They usually have a bus or two going from Spiddal with stopoffs outside Jurys.

Yep, sold out unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭MattressRick

Would Sean Andy be suspended for the final if he got another black card in the semi or do those cards clear at semi final stage?
    Seems crazy if he missed the final over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

What's the handiest route to Newbridge from parts west? Tullamore, down to Port Laoise and on the motorway, or M6 up to Maynooth and cut down across Clane, Sallins?

MfMan wrote: »
    What's the handiest route to Newbridge from parts west? Tullamore, down to Port Laoise and on the motorway, or M6 up to Maynooth and cut down across Clane, Sallins?

I was told Tullamore to Portarlington and then Monasterevin straight on from Mayo mates of mine. Parking fairly handy up there too once you don't block entrances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

MfMan wrote: »

M6 to Kilcock exit, then Clane, Naas, Newbridge.

Lavelle
    Kyne
    SAOC
    Kerin
    Cathal Sweeney
    Bradshaw
    Heaney
    Cooke
    Flynn
    Daly
    Walsh
    Kelly
    Burke
    Comer
    Brannigan

Hon ta **** lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

Lavelle
    Kyne
    SAOC
    Kerin
    Cathal Sweeney
    Bradshaw
    Heaney
    Cooke
    Flynn
    Daly
    Walsh
    Kelly
    Burke
    Comer
    Brannigan

Hon ta **** lads!

Would have thought varley had earned a start . Daly owes Walsh a performance and hopefully he produces one . Best of luck to the lads . A win here and we will be very unlucky not to qualify

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

spurshero wrote: »
    Would have thought varley had earned a start . Daly owes Walsh a performance and hopefully he produces one . Best of luck to the lads . A win here and we will be very unlucky not to qualify

Think Varley is a better option from the bench when the game opens up. If Armstrong is fit, it'll be interesting to see if its him or Varley who are brought on first.

Galway junior team down by a point at half time in the All Ireland Final to Kerry 1-7 to 1-6. Padraic Cunningham with a cracking goal for Galway.

Kerry won by two points. Galway missed a hatful of chances. Michael Day Lorded midfield. Clifford for Kerry was very good and their forwards were a lot more efficient.

Kerry won by two points. Galway missed a hatful of chances. Michael Day Lorded midfield. Clifford for Kerry was very good and their forwards were a lot more efficient.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him in the senior panel before long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭mjp

Wouldn't be surprised to see him in the senior panel before long.

Gary o Donnell looks to be the only other fit option in the squad that could compete midfield. Very light on options when Flynn and Cooke tire in matches.

• Advertisement

mjp wrote:
    Gary o Donnell looks to be the only other fit option in the squad that could compete midfield. Very light on options when Flynn and Cooke tire in matches.

Few lads drafted in so I think the options will be there. Depends on whether Kevin Walsh uses them. D'Arcy and Fintaoin are definitely back on the scene. I'm a big fan of Michael Day though but it looks like next year before he can put his name forward.

I'd be shocked to not see either Cein D'Arcy or FOC on the bench tomorrow.

I'd be shocked to not see either Cein D'Arcy or FOC on the bench tomorrow.

I'd think he'd nearly have to put one of them on. It's a big risk otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭mjp

Fiontan coming back from broken leg and after playing very little club football and be big ask to throw him into heat of championship battle tomorrow.

mjp wrote: »
    Fiontan coming back from broken leg and after playing very little club football and be big ask to throw him into heat of championship battle tomorrow.

It would be. But you'd have to imagine that there will be some back up on the bench. What happens if Flynn / Cooke / Daly get injured or a black card? At the moment, we dont really have anybody to come in at midfield. Whoever is back up on the bench will not have much football played at this level this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vid36

How long more will Duggan be out?

vid36 wrote:
    How long more will Duggan be out?

Out of cast but it still looks like three weeks. If Monaghan was do or die could possibly be pushed. Fintaoin has been training with the team a while and was on the pitch with them during Kerry warm up.

Out of cast but it still looks like three weeks. If Monaghan was do or die could possibly be pushed. Fintaoin has been training with the team a while and was on the pitch with them during Kerry warm up.

At the A v B match a couple of months back, FOC was lightly jogging laps of the pitch. Have seen him sitting in the stand at a lot of matches throughout the year as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭threeball

Would be happy enough have him available for the semi if we get the job done tomorrow. The game time will bring on Cooke big-time as well which is no bad thing.

At the A v B match a couple of months back, FOC was lightly jogging laps of the pitch. Have seen him sitting in the stand at a lot of matches throughout the year as well.

I'm a big fan of his. He's received a lot of criticism over the years. No more than Tom Flynn. I feel they were young players playing in a very difficult position in a poor team. Hopefully he can become the player I always thought he would be. The day I saw Tom and himself ruled the skies in the U21 final I felt that our time would come again. Before anyone jumps on me saying they aren't up to it Kevin Walsh didn't become a good midfielder till he was 30!!!!!!!!!

I'm a big fan of his. He's received a lot of criticism over the years. No more than Tom Flynn. I feel they were young players playing in a very difficult position in a poor team. Hopefully he can become the player I always thought he would be. The day I saw Tom and himself ruled the skies in the U21 final I felt that our time would come again. Before anyone jumps on me saying they aren't up to it Kevin Walsh didn't become a good midfielder till he was 30!!!!!!!!!

The days of a KW style midfielder are gone.

If the guy can't offer you something a half back or half forward can, he's a wasted player.

Dublin won't be kicking balls for FOC to contest and whomever they play in there will run him into the ground and outscore him.

Roscommon showed yesterday why kicks to midfield don't cut it anymore... You can end up losing 4/5/6 in a row and the game gets away from you.

Flynn/Duggan/Conroy all offer a bit more than height.. FOC doesn't tbh.

D'Arcy and FOC both on the bench

D'Arcy and FOC both on the bench

Cummins first time making it too. Full list O Beolain, Armie, Cummins, D'Arcy, Duane, McHugh, O' Curraoin, O Donnell, Sweeney, Varley and David Wynne.

Jesus H.... P.Sweeney... He shouldn't be anywhere near the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Jesus H.... P.Sweeney... He shouldn't be anywhere near the team.

A good player in his positions would be the motm award wrapped up at this stage

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement