Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galway GAA discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Well f it anyway. Bloody qualifiers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

I find the Kilkenny crowd as fine as any, their arrogant side does tend to come out when it comes to hurling but if we'd as much won as they did we'd be the same and I think you'd say the same of most counties. There is knobs from all counties.

The bottom line is Kilkenny and others (such as Tipp and Cork) don't regard Galway as a serious hurling team who have the guts to go and deliver on the big day at senior level and to be fair history has shown that to be true more often than not.

We won't get any meaningful respect until we go and win an All-Ireland. It's like Keith Wood said about the All-Blacks, until you beat them they won't respect you.

I can always get a Kilkenny friend highly agitated just by mentioning the Limerick win 1973

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

One final point - am I the only one who thinks that kk supporters are the most obnoxious and unsporting in the country? I suppose they've had pretty much unbroken success for up to 14/15 years now, but surely that doesn't give them the right to be abusive to all opposing players, telling their own players to "teach them a lesson" at every opportunity, abusing all referees & linesmen, and openly sneering at all other counties supporters. I usually get on well with supporters of most counties (& would see banter as a very important part of any match day), but kk people really get under my skin. I think their hurling teams are class acts and always are humble in victory, but their followers always leave a sour taste in the mouth.

I have to say, I am so sick of hearing this lark about Kilkenny supporters over the years.

As a fan who goes to all of the matches and would never be abusive towards the opposing team or fans I find it incredibly insulting that other counties insist on carrying on with this sort of thing.

I was at the match yesterday and got on great with all of the Galway fans around me and didn't see or hear any of that nonsense from anyone on either side.

There are a minority of idiots in every county that carry on like that and Galway are no exception to that yet everyone seems to think it's only Kilkenny and all Kilkenny fans that are like that. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Kkboy

I think both teams where not great yesterday, Galway and Kilkenny have fantastic players but look unbalanced. Neither team would beat Dublin on yesterdays form

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭donnem33

Kkboy wrote: »
    I think both teams where not great yesterday, Galway and Kilkenny have fantastic players but look unbalanced. Neither team would beat Dublin on yesterdays form

What are you basing this on? Dublin didn't exactly set the world alight against wexford in their semi final!!!

Kilkenny are league champions and galway comprehensively beat Dublin in the league aswell. Neither team will have any fear of Dublin. I believe the extra game will bring both teams on and expect the winners of the replay to win the leinster final.

Last year, dublin built up serious momentum enroute to the leinster final and thus were hard to stop. They have only played one game this year against an average wexford team!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Kkboy

Have no grudge with KK fans myself. One of the more impressive things that's ever happened to me at a match was when KK fans left before half time in that Leinster Final and walked up at least 6 rows to shake myself and a mate's hand in congratulations. I've met far more annoying Galway fans in all honesty.

That said there was a post in the KK thread slating Tannian as a scumbag. Short memory of Tan being taken out of it against the cats in a pretty important game.

Out of order using that term about any player. This is arising from the TJ Reid injury in 2012. Time for everybody to put that behind them. TJ has managed to do that brilliantly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Where do ye reckon the Connacht final will be on lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Worthwent14

c_man wrote: »
    Where do ye reckon the Connacht final will be on lads?

Mchale park castlebar sunday July 13th @ 2pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I really hope Galway view the Connacht final as having two cracks at the cherry to make a Quarter final. If we fall short against Mayo, which is most likely, the worst thing would be to have a hangover from that defeat like so many sides going into the qualifiers. It'd be great if they could keep the spirits good despite a defeat but I suppose thats where the management team come in. Hopefully it wont come to that in any case.

With Derry being knocked out and Loais unimpressive in the qualifiers, we've a great chance of making a QF. Should we make the QF through the front door, we will likwly be playing the loser of the munster final. If we make it though the qualifier route, we're due to play the winner of Munster! So in either case it'd be Cork or Kerry and neither of them are on that high an ebb at the moment. All hypothtical but we could be on for a decent summer, which is well due

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭O.A.P

Im hoping for the shock result of the year and Galway are the Connacht champions.
    Well its hard to support your team if you have no belief in them and I predict a close match in Castlebar . ( who wants it more? )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

There are reasons to believe we'll get a good deal closer to Mayo this time around than last year, but realistically Mayo are the better team at the moment and should win but hopefully Galway can put up a performance and erase the memories of last year's debacle. A return to Croke Park would be nice because Galway have a good habit of playing well there.

As for the hurlers, for me the jury is out until we see what they can do next Saturday. There was an element of smash and grab about the comeback on Sunday and I'd be concerned at how Kilkenny so effortlessly brushed Galway aside when the game was there to be won at 2-12 apiece. That said, it was great to see that they didn't throw the towel in and in fairness there was a lot of heart shown by the team to fight their way back into it so hopefully they can take a lot of confidence from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

One final point - am I the only one who thinks that kk supporters are the most obnoxious and unsporting in the country?

You're doing a great job yourself there of being obnoxious with a comment like that. Reminds me of something an English teacher once said to me: generalisations are generally false.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Good win for the footballers, was pleasantly surprised to see a good following from Galway there. Was one of the hottest evenings I reckon I've ever watched Galway okay in, the heat on the terrace was unreal. Consequently the performance was even more encouraging. Forwards have great potential, a tight pitch like Sligo wasn't the best place to showcase it. If we could get to Croker (& avoid Dublin/Donegal/mayo there), they could really cut loose. Would be worried about our backs thou, serious jack of pace, esp the 2 corner backs. May have to bite the bullet on Duane, he has got the speed necessary. Mayo in Castlebar is a ferocious challenge, if the backs aren't on their toes it could be 2014 revisited. Hopefully not thou.
    As for the hurlers, hard to know where they're at. Great comeback, but to concede 1-8 without reply between 50-60 mins isn't good enough. Great character in fairness, but it's time for some real consistency now. Thought the backs struggled all day, with the exception of the 2 Burkes, although in fairness the amount of ball raining in on them was savage. Half fwrds were poor, esp D Burke. Didn't win enuf puckouts, in fairness J Glynn made a big difference there. JC delivered at the end, but took too long to get into the game. Replay is huge, it's unlikely we'll do well in the qualifiers, so I reckon it's go or get off the potty on Saturday, probably for this panel & mgmt team. Some things never change!
    One final point - am I the only one who thinks that kk supporters are the most obnoxious and unsporting in the country? I suppose they've had pretty much unbroken success for up to 14/15 years now, but surely that doesn't give them the right to be abusive to all opposing players, telling their own players to "teach them a lesson" at every opportunity, abusing all referees & linesmen, and openly sneering at all other counties supporters. I usually get on well with supporters of most counties (& would see banter as a very important part of any match day), but kk people really get under my skin. I think their hurling teams are class acts and always are humble in victory, but their followers always leave a sour taste in the mouth.

What a load of rubbish. Unless you have met a couple of thousand Kilkenny supporters and you have heard them talking brown and seen them engaging in the sort of behaviours mentioned above maybe you have a point but that is very unlikely so you have absolutely no place to be making comments like that. Thats like me going along saying I hate Galway supporters or their an obnoxious crowd because of the fact I heard a group of them absolutely abusing the referee the other day.

Its absolutely the same old sour shiite people go on with about kilkenny and it really annoys me, its either our supporters or we have the referees on our side. Complete bitterness and even worse the people who say it have absolutely no proof to back it up which says it all. For starters maybe take off the rose tinted glasses and look at it like a reasonable person would. "Openly sneering all other counties supporters" is another ridiculous comment, I am particularly looking at the word "all" in that statement. Again more crap. If what youre saying is true then we must be all pricks and humanity is doomed, you would swear its a throwback to the 1980's and football hooliganism with the way you are painting kilkenny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

I dont have a problem with most countys fans but I dislike Waterford fans. In 2010 when they beat Cork in Munster Final replay. Next day i was walking down Dungarvan with a few of my mates in Cork jerseys and many of the Waterford people were shouting at us to "go back home to Cork" " Hard luck boys we show ye how to play hurling" and "ho ho look whos in town" "Munster final is over lads you are a day too late" "Cork are out boys" "theres the backdoor walk through it". Small bit much to be listening to from Waterford fans. We were on our way up to Wexford to see Cork footballers play Wexford that day funny enough. Just before we left Dungarvan i turned back to one of them and said enjoy the occasion lads because you wont win anything outside Munster. How right was i. I did enjoy Tipp hockey them out of the Championship when they played that year. I will support any team playing against them from then on. In fairness i havent got that from fans from any other county.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

With a lot of success you're always going to get a touch of arrogance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    What a load of rubbish. Unless you have met a couple of thousand Kilkenny supporters and you have heard them talking brown and seen them engaging in the sort of behaviours mentioned above maybe you have a point but that is very unlikely so you have absolutely no place to be making comments like that. Thats like me going along saying I hate Galway supporters or their an obnoxious crowd because of the fact I heard a group of them absolutely abusing the referee the other day.

Its absolutely the same old sour shiite people go on with about kilkenny and it really annoys me, its either our supporters or we have the referees on our side. Complete bitterness and even worse the people who say it have absolutely no proof to back it up which says it all. For starters maybe take off the rose tinted glasses and look at it like a reasonable person would. "Openly sneering all other counties supporters" is another ridiculous comment, I am particularly looking at the word "all" in that statement. Again more crap. If what youre saying is true then we must be all pricks and humanity is doomed, you would swear its a throwback to the 1980's and football hooliganism with the way you are painting kilkenny

All counties have their share of idiot followers, Galway / KK no worse than anyone else. Can be hot enough meself when the going gets tough!!

MfMan wrote: »
    All counties have their share of idiot followers, Galway / KK no worse than anyone else. Can be hot enough meself when the going gets tough!!

I agree theres a minority in every county including Kilkenny for that matter and i get very annoyed when I hear people slating kilkenny like that, most of us arent like that at all. As someone else mentioned earlier, out of all the minority of idiot followers, I find waterfords to be the worst too, I work in waterford myself too and I find some of them to be very spiteful towards kilkenny and i have heard them at it too which I have often responded with a mouthful which I obviously would as a huge kilkenny fan, although I find most of these people tend to come from the city. But again its a minority as it is in every county, not all waterford people are like that either. Another incident was the disgraceful behaviour and abuse from Cork supporters behind the goal in Thurles last year when we played them. Every county has their group of idiots but us kk people are passionate and will always naturally get a bit riled up when we hear few snide remarks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

This afternoon, Leinster Council Chairman John Horan claimed an alternate arrangement had not been possible with RTÉ.
    “We waited on Monday morning for RTÉ to come to us with an offer as to a time suitable for them to actually show the game,” Horan told RTÉ’s News at One programme. “And the only offer put on the table by RTÉ was 2.30 on Saturday afternoon.
    “If it had come back to us with an offer at 5.00 in the evening, certainly we would have given some consideration, but 2.30 is unpractical [sic]."
    On Saturday evening, RTÉ is showing the Irish Derby on RTE One and the World Cup last 16 fixtures on RTE Two.
    “We’re an amateur organisation, the players involved in both teams have jobs, the supporters [are] the same,” Horan said. “And I think in due deference to Tullamore as a provincial business town, I think it would be very unfair for us to crash in on top of it on a busy Saturday afternoon with a match at 2.30.”

I cannot get my head around the Galway V Kilkenny not being broadcast live - put it on a 2:30 pm for feck sake. It takes about an hour and a half to get to Tullamore from both Kilkenny and Galway so not as if is too far (they have early matches in Croke Park). The "unfair on Tullamore" is a load of sh!te aswell.

h2005 wrote: »
    With a lot of success you're always going to get a touch of arrogance.

Exactly how I see it. Some KK fans have what i'd term a 'man utd type arrogance'. Theyre used to being the better than everyone else and kind of look down on the rest. It happens to a lesser extent in the GAA than in soccer. But Kerry fans are somewhat the same. Obviously that doesn't mean their people are any nicer or less nice than any other county, how could they be when most are from rural areas the exact same as any GAA fan. Theyre just different in what theyre used to when it comes to the team they support.

Cork people are the one anomaly in that they have an inferiority complex in life that spreads to sporting circles. Its part of what makes them unique though and isnt necessarily a bad thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

wprathead wrote: »
    I cannot get my head around the Galway V Kilkenny not being broadcast live - put it on a 2:30 pm for feck sake. It takes about an hour and a half to get to Tullamore from both Kilkenny and Galway so not as if is too far (they have early matches in Croke Park). The "unfair on Tullamore" is a load of sh!te aswell.

A 2.30 throw in would be a disaster for attendance.5pm or 7pm were the only options really.

And the unfair on Tullamore is not bull...A small town like that would rely heavily on Saturday shopping trade.The same businesses that the local clubs would be tapping up for sponsorship.

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Exactly how I see it. Some KK fans have what i'd term a 'man utd type arrogance'. Theyre used to being the better than everyone else and kind of look down on the rest. It happens to a lesser extent in the GAA than in soccer. But Kerry fans are somewhat the same. Obviously that doesn't mean their people are any nicer or less nice than any other county, how could they be when most are from rural areas the exact same as any GAA fan. Theyre just different in what theyre used to when it comes to the team they support.

Cork people are the one anomaly in that they have an inferiority complex in life that spreads to sporting circles. Its part of what makes them unique though and isnt necessarily a bad thing

I agree, we are used to success and when we do lose to say someone like Dublin (no disrespect to them because they have a fine team) like we did last year, there does tend to be a bit of arrogance there and we tend to get very angry about it. The arrogance tends to stem from comparing our own history with that of the county we lose to. In other words we have a glittering history which we are very proud of and us supporters always have really high expectations and always will with the past success we have had and failure to match those expectations against someone with lesser past successes than us is seen as a huge failure in some peoples eyes. But obviously we have no god given right to be winning every game

Two words I never thought I'd see in the same sentence. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

citykat wrote: »

I know what you mean there citykat but don't worry Cork people wont take offense, any more than 4 letters in a word and the Langers are :confused:

Sorry that was a typo I honestly meant Superiority complex. Dunno what I was thinking!

Sorry that was a typo I honestly meant Superiority complex. Dunno what I was thinking!

The whole world and his father knew t'was a typo.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Beffs

Prop Joe wrote: »
    A 2.30 throw in would be a disaster for attendance.5pm or 7pm were the only options really.

And the unfair on Tullamore is not bull...A small town like that would rely heavily on Saturday shopping trade.The same businesses that the local clubs would be tapping up for sponsorship.

Would the 20,000 odd spectators pouring money into the local economy not compensate for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 davehedgehog

Its hard to know how the replay is going to go but there are reasons to be cheerful for Galway
    When KK had their purple patch Galway were able to stop their momentum and get on top. When Galway had their purple patch KK had no answer and it was the final whistle that halted their momentum.
    Galway could have scored all 5 goals from play if our men bearing down on goal weren't pulled down, Their goalie also made 2 good saves and if we were to score 5 goals in a game again we will most likely win.
    The team that finished the game was stronger than the team that started (bar Andy Smith), This gives great options to mgmt for changes to be made from the start on saturday and let the subbed players have to make an impact.
    There is hype in KK about the older statesmen being reinstated. I would love to see Hogan, Shefflin, Tommy Walsh, Jackie all start. That has to demoralise the rest of the squad to know that cody doesnt really trust them and these older lads are not the players they used to be so we shouldnt be afraid of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Beffs wrote: »
    Would the 20,000 odd spectators pouring money into the local economy not compensate for that?

No,The same argument was made for the local businesses in the Croke Park region for the Garth Brooks concerts.

But a fella will put off buying a set of tyre's on the car on Saturday because of the crowd,The same with someone getting there haircut etc...

Yes some businesses will do well out of the match but they are the same businesses that will get the trade at a 7pm throw in.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

is there going to be a live stream of the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Nope. For those of us stuck in an office on a Saturday evening we have Ollie "Hyperbole" Turner at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

useless gaa. someones probably got a bee in their bonnet with all the soccer coverage on

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

There is hype in KK about the older statesmen being reinstated. I would love to see Hogan, Shefflin, Tommy Walsh, Jackie all start. That has to demoralise the rest of the squad to know that cody doesnt really trust them and these older lads are not the players they used to be so we shouldnt be afraid of them.

A few Kilkenny people posting on boards about their preferred team selections hardly constitutes "hype in Kilkenny".

Anyway it's about winning, not about a lack of trust if Cody does decide to start some of the more established players.

Can't see it happening to a huge extent myself.

Nope. For those of us stuck in an office on a Saturday evening we have Ollie "Hyperbole" Turner at least.

Ah, Ollie's head would explode if he did Hurling! Cant remember teh Hurling commentators name, he's a little more low key

I have been following hurling since 1957. In that time I only ever once went to a game purely to see a particular player in action when I had little or no interest in the teams playing. That was DJ Carey in a club match. The only other player I would go just to see in action when I had no interest in the teams themselves is one Joe Canning. Joe's talents are appreciated by all genuine hurling followers no matter where from. That is not to say I hope we don't keep him scoreless on Saturday and that he has a terrible game. Nothing wrong with that it is what one always hopes when you are up against Joe.
    Hard to say what will happen next day. Galway cant allow Kilkenny to go ten points ahead again but neither can Kilkenny allow Galway to begin like they finished last Sunday. The first ten to fifteen minutes will be more important than normal. I believe Galway will begin more or less with the team that finished the game while there is no way to guess what Cody will do but we should have an idea tonight if the team is announced which we expect it to be. For what it is worth I do not expect Cody to make too many changes. Possibly Tyrell to the corner with Hogan coming into the center and Henry in for Power at full forward. I cant see too many more changes.

Its hard to know how the replay is going to go but there are reasons to be cheerful for Galway
    When KK had their purple patch Galway were able to stop their momentum and get on top. When Galway had their purple patch KK had no answer and it was the final whistle that halted their momentum.
    Galway could have scored all 5 goals from play if our men bearing down on goal weren't pulled down, Their goalie also made 2 good saves and if we were to score 5 goals in a game again we will most likely win.
    The team that finished the game was stronger than the team that started (bar Andy Smith), This gives great options to mgmt for changes to be made from the start on saturday and let the subbed players have to make an impact.

Thanks for the entertaining post. There are so many counter arguments, I don't know where to start. First Galway scored 5 goals and ye still couldn't beat us. Ye hauled back a ten point lead and nearly let king Henry win it for us. Saying the team that finished us stronger is some indictment of your manager. You think the team would be better with Andy Smith? Who was he supposed to be marking again? You say Galway halted KKs momentum; well the thousands of Galway fans who had left by that stage didn't agree with you. You mention scoring all goals from open play. I would love to have seen Glynn try to score those chances. If I recall he actually hit the first one into the side netting before it was called back for the peno...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

When will the Galway team be announced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

I have been following hurling since 1957. In that time I only ever once went to a game purely to see a particular player in action when I had little or no interest in the teams playing. That was DJ Carey in a club match. The only other player I would go just to see in action when I had no interest in the teams themselves is one Joe Canning. Joe's talents are appreciated by all genuine hurling followers no matter where from. That is not to say I hope we don't keep him scoreless on Saturday and that he has a terrible game. Nothing wrong with that it is what one always hopes when you are up against Joe.
    Hard to say what will happen next day. Galway cant allow Kilkenny to go ten points ahead again but neither can Kilkenny allow Galway to begin like they finished last Sunday. The first ten to fifteen minutes will be more important than normal. I believe Galway will begin more or less with the team that finished the game while there is no way to guess what Cody will do but we should have an idea tonight if the team is announced which we expect it to be. For what it is worth I do not expect Cody to make too many changes. Possibly Tyrell to the corner with Hogan coming into the center and Henry in for Power at full forward. I cant see too many more changes.

'Tis gracious of you to say so. And yes, even though I'm hugely biased, Canning is one of those players one should always try to see in the flesh. There can be times, plenty of them, when he's quiet or subdued, but you still rarely see him not doing something memorable or special, something nobody else would think of. Comparisons between he and Shefflin have been frequent, but JC is more like DJ I've always thought; a bit more of a finisher than a creator / outfield organiser. Or if you like, Shefflin = Xavi, Canning = Iniesta.

Anyhoo, for the replay, both lineups will be intriguing. Will the managers play 'silly buggers' with naming the teams, (unlikely in Cody's instance). Will there be a host of changes on either side? How will both managers counteract their weaknesses from the drawn game? For Galway, I'd imagine Mannion may not start, but will it be Damien Hayes or Glynn to come in? (Glynn IMHO is still a better impact player than starter.) Will David Burke start, be moved to midfield or be dropped? Will Joe Cooney come into the HB line, moving Coen to midfield? I've a hunch he may. In any event, I hope the replay is decided by hurling rather than a physical battle of attrition.

Shefflin was the man who do you to death by means of the thousand cuts but Carey and Canning they believe in the heavy artillery boom, boom , boom and you are dead before you even hear the shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Shady Tady

Thanks for the entertaining post. There are so many counter arguments, I don't know where to start. First Galway scored 5 goals and ye still couldn't beat us. Ye hauled back a ten point lead and nearly let king Henry win it for us. Saying the team that finished us stronger is some indictment of your manager. You think the team would be better with Andy Smith? Who was he supposed to be marking again? You say Galway halted KKs momentum; well the thousands of Galway fans who had left by that stage didn't agree with you. You mention scoring all goals from open play. I would love to have seen Glynn try to score those chances. If I recall he actually hit the first one into the side netting before it was called back for the peno...

Ye didn't even make Croke park last year! What you on about?

Shady Tady wrote: »
    Ye didn't even make Croke park last year! What you on about?

What does that have to do with anything? Yee havent won an All Ireland in 26 years. Should I also bring that up but no has nothing to do with it either so less of the petty insults which have nothing to do with the matter at hand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

Amprodude wrote: »
    I dont have a problem with most countys fans but I dislike Waterford fans. In 2010 when they beat Cork in Munster Final replay. Next day i was walking down Dungarvan with a few of my mates in Cork jerseys and many of the Waterford people were shouting at us to "go back home to Cork" " Hard luck boys we show ye how to play hurling" and "ho ho look whos in town" "Munster final is over lads you are a day too late" "Cork are out boys" "theres the backdoor walk through it". Small bit much to be listening to from Waterford fans. We were on our way up to Wexford to see Cork footballers play Wexford that day funny enough. Just before we left Dungarvan i turned back to one of them and said enjoy the occasion lads because you wont win anything outside Munster. How right was i. I did enjoy Tipp hockey them out of the Championship when they played that year. I will support any team playing against them from then on. In fairness i havent got that from fans from any other county.

God help you're to be pitied!! That's what's called a bit of banter! Imagine hating a county because you got a bit of slagging years ago. Come on now can you not see how childish /immature that really sounds? For what its worth the Cork city hurling community are the most witty and knowledgeable people I've met when it comes to hurling but head towards the border areas of any rival counties and then you'll see a different story! All part of it. Wouldn't it be worse if you were wearing a Liverpool jersey with Suarez on the back of it!!

Fan Humour,

Tipp Fan about one of his own players many a year ago "He couldn't be any good sur didn't his father sell horses to the Tans."

Cork Fan after Kilkenny beating them in 82 when the crush was a bit rough leaving the park, ( Kilkenny fan mind the child mind the child, Cork fan don't be minding the child at all he might grow up to be another Christy Heffernan)

Dublin fan one second after the ball was thrown in. One of his own managed to get ball in hand before hand passing it back to one of his own, "Jeeze were bleeding terrible, going backwards already."

Fan Humour,

Tipp Fan about one of his own players many a year ago "He couldn't be any good sur didn't his father sell horses to the Tans."

Cork Fan after Kilkenny beating them in 82 when the crush was a bit rough leaving the park, ( Kilkenny fan mind the child mind the child, Cork fan don't be minding the child at all he might grow up to be another Christy Heffernan)

Dublin fan one second after the ball was thrown in. One of his own managed to get ball in hand before hand passing it back to one of his own, "Jeeze were bleeding terrible, going backwards already."

Ah Christy Heffernan, the great Glenmore man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭megadodge

As a Roscommon man (with a lot of Galway connections), I'm one of those who's going to the match just to see Shefflin and Canning on the same pitch for possibly the last time.

Anyway, are there still tickets available? I know the stand is sold out. Would I be chancing it not getting a ticket and hopt they're available at the grounds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

megadodge wrote: »
    As a Roscommon man (with a lot of Galway connections), I'm one of those who's going to the match just to see Shefflin and Canning on the same pitch for possibly the last time.

Anyway, are there still tickets available? I know the stand is sold out. Would I be chancing it not getting a ticket and hopt they're available at the grounds?

''Leinster GAA have announced that there will be no tickets on sale for tomorrow evening's Leinster SHC semi-final replay between Kilkenny and Galway at O'Connor Park, Tullamore. Throw-in at 7pm.

A limited number of terrace tickets for the game can still be purchased from participating Centra and Supervalu outlets.''

Taken from Hoganstand.

Got to my local Super-valu too late by about an hour. I'm going to go anyway, as I've no doubt I'll nab a ticket somewhere. I've done it for All-Irelands so I think I'll manage tomorrow.

Got to my local Super-valu too late by about an hour. I'm going to go anyway, as I've no doubt I'll nab a ticket somewhere. I've done it for All-Irelands so I think I'll manage tomorrow.

There will be a few touts in tullamore id imagine so you should get a ticket. Just make sure not to let them overcharge you in the process

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    There will be a few touts in tullamore id imagine so you should get a ticket. Just make sure not to let them overcharge you in the process

I don't deal with touts. There's always someone with a spare ticket floating around and they only ever look for face-value.

I don't deal with touts. There's always someone with a spare ticket floating around and they only ever look for face-value.

Hopefully i am in the same boat myself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Same team as last week. Thought Glynn would start last week but surely he justifies a start tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement