Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galway GAA discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Galway team v NY

Brian O'Donoghue
    Johnny Duane
    Finian Hanley
    Cathal Sweeney
    Liam Silke
    Gary O'Donnell
    Sean Denvir
    Fiontán Ó Curraoin
    Paul Conroy (Capt)
    Gary Sice
    Shane Walsh
    Michael Lundy
    Peadar Óg O'Gríofa
    Patrick Sweeney
    Danny Cummins

Subs

Tom Healy
    Gareth Bradshaw
    Ian Burke
    Damien Comer
    Adrian Varley
    Tom Flynn
    Paul Varley
    Eddie Hoare
    Declan Coyne
    Michael Martin
    Paddy Naughton
    Conor Healy
    Tom Fahy

Manus Breathnach nowhere to be seen. Presume he has an injury.

How come Comer isn't starting? Was he not our best player in the league basically?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

How come Comer isn't starting? Was he not our best player in the league basically?

And he dragged the u21s kicking and screaming to a connacht final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

And he dragged the u21s kicking and screaming to a connacht final.

I'd say they're making sure he doesnt get injured before the main games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Got a bad belt in the last league game against Kildare. Presume they don't feel the need to push him out there against NY from the start anyway.

Apparently Manghus Breathanach's passport is out of date :")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

GO'D at CHB :(

Hoping for a big summer from Liam Silke. Very impressive start so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

Denvir at wing-back instead of Paul Varley, as per all league, why now?
    In Bradshaw's 'unfitness', G O'D probably had to be no. 6; only kicking the can down the road though in terms of being found out later in the c'ship. Really need a strong, tight HB line, and G O'D just doesn't fit in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Surprised Denvir is in there ahead of Varley, I like Denvir but he's not on Varley's level. Looks like Flynn and Comer not being rushed back from injury.

I dont think we can take this team seriously.... I mean no offense to New York but come on..... they won't be throwing a spanner in the works I'm afraid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

That team should be plenty good to win but having seen how poor we were at stages in the league (particularly against Cavan and Laois) and less than 2 years ago nearly losing at home to Waterford I won't take anything for granted where Galway are concerned.

Have never been too keen on Sice at county level but glad to see him and Lundy starting. Silke apart, half back line doesn't fill me with confidence but probably won't be properly tested in this one. Really need Flynn back around the middle, hopefully he can get some minutes here. O'Curroain and Conroy certainly won't be good enough if we get to Mayo.

New York did ok in two recent challenges against Cavan but if we are struggling to put New York away we have no business against Leitrim let alone Mayo or Roscommon. Temperature shouldn't be too prohibitive (24 degrees it looks like on Sunday with humidity at an ok level).

We got a good start in London last year and it paved the way for an easy win. We could do with the same in New York and try and draw them out and pick them off from there. When this Galway team get dragged into a dog fight against any kind of semi-organised defence we can be really poor. I could do without any heart attacks Sunday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

O'Curroain and Conroy certainly won't be good enough if we get to Mayo.

I like Flynn as a player but I don't see him as an upgrade on either of those two. Not yet anyway. However maybe you mean he'll be on the field along with them as a type of 3rd midfielder?

MfMan wrote: »
    Denvir at wing-back instead of Paul Varley, as per all league, why now?
    In Bradshaw's 'unfitness', G O'D probably had to be no. 6; only kicking the can down the road though in terms of being found out later in the c'ship. Really need a strong, tight HB line, and G O'D just doesn't fit in there.

Look at it another way, isn't it better for him to try Denvir in this sort of game then trying it when we'd a full list of meaningful league games.

I was never gone on Denvir in the forwards since Mulholland brought him in, so with options increasing massively in the forwards compared to then I'd be even less so.
    Maybe he can offer more there as being a good attacking player is a massive part of HB play now... Defensively it's more about structured defending as a unit but once ye have the ball it's important to have good users to transition it forward.

Agree on O'D, he doesn't really give you that ball use and he's not the solid figure you'd want as an alternative.

Our HB line is probably unarguably the weakest line and by a margin, below D2 standard to reference the league.
    If we can sort that I think we could see a return to competitiveness at the top tier.

Congrats to Galway camogie on winning the league against Cork today. Cork got back within 3 at the finish having been well down at one but got Galway got over the line in the end. A fair few changes from the team that won the All-Ireland 2 years ago but have made a good start to the year after a disappointing 2014. Showing the hurlers how its done once again. Hopefully the ladies footballers can make it a double next weekend. Undoubtedly those two teams are our best hopes of silverware this year.

Hurlers did beat Clare 3-20 to 0-18 in a challenge today. Don't know how either team lined out for that one though.

Great win for the camoige girls, played great and a thrilling game. Young team and have a bright future.

Clare was maybe 8 first team and 7 of their B team starting today according to a friend of mine who was at it, altough I didn't know it open to the public or I would have gone :( Galway has a pretty much their league team with Joe Canning at 12 and Johnny Glynn played 14 where the key players. He noted it was similar to the Waterford style but not as defensive. John Hanbury was FB and had a good game on SO'D kept him very quite. Not sure if ya can take much from this game since its a challenge match.

Galway Bay FM covering the football.

Awful start for Galway, were 0-2 to 0-0 down after 7 mins but just drew back level now after 15 odd.

9-4 at half time. Galway seemed to have a bit of a wind in the first half, finished the half strongly. You'd hope they'd kill this early in the 2nd half.

2-18 0-08 Kind of an anticlimax at the end as the bench was emptied. Can never really read too much into this game New York were poor and only for Banville (0-07) would be hung out to dry. Some silly mistakes from Galway and some horrid wides according to Ollie Turner, so maybe they can take some weak points from today. All in all, as expected, trotted on to the QF against Leitrim! Where is it does anyone know?

Laythrim venue in a fortnight I think.

Pairc Mac Diarmuida in Carrick more than likely so, jeez seems further than New York!!

• Advertisement

Good to get that out of the way without any major scares. Was hoping Tom Flynn would get a bit more game time than he got but hopefully we can get our best team on the park for Leitrim. They were saying on radio that there was a bug running through the squad which accounted for the changes before throw in. I don't think Leitrim are as big a danger as they were a few years back but still they did ok in division 4, lost narrowly to Wicklow which probably accounted for their promotion hopes but drew with Offaly and Longford who went up and won 3 games. At home they will put it up to most teams for long spells.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Was at the game, they were a bit slow starting off and seemed to be a bit nonchalant until after NY took the lead. I was impressed by Denvir, Shane Walsh and Comer. Walsh is a very talented player for his age. The NY goalie also made two great saves so the score could have been more. Not impressed by Eddie Hoare or Danny Cummins. I thought Hoare got a bit lucky in the few few minutes, he tried a swing but was a miss on one of the NY players, not need for that crap. Also heard that a couple of the players got food poisoning hence a couple of changes at the start. Overall, the difference in class showed in the end.

Just reading the game report in the GA and they mentioned how this would be the first time that Glaway would have to beat 4 teams.

I never took much notice of the draw until now, I'm sure its flew over a few others heads too.

We're playing a game to even just get to the 1/4 final when there's not even 8 teams in the Province.
    What kind of useless organisation is that?

Why weren't Sligo sent to New York since they're not in the 1/4s.
    I've no problem with the champions getting a semi bye but Sligo walk into a semi final while we've to beat to two teams to get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Personally, I would rather play the games ! Get the lads match fit and game sharp. Friendlies only do so much. Better to play every week.

Financially it's a drain on an already financially ****ed County Board but even just to get an extra game in would be beneficial. Playing the qualifiers in 2013 were beneficial in 2014 for sure.

Even if it's New York there's still more pressure than a challenge game against Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Just reading the game report in the GA and they mentioned how this would be the first time that Glaway would have to beat 4 teams.

I never took much notice of the draw until now, I'm sure its flew over a few others heads too.

We're playing a game to even just get to the 1/4 final when there's not even 8 teams in the Province.
    What kind of useless organisation is that?

Why weren't Sligo sent to New York since they're not in the 1/4s.
    I've no problem with the champions getting a semi bye but Sligo walk into a semi final while we've to beat to two teams to get there.

Its a five year cycle in Connacht to play New York or London. One side always gets a bye into the semi finals, Looking at the draw it really should have been Leitrim v Mayo with the winners to face Galway.

• Advertisement

Im fairly sure the last game we played against them was in Carrick also? We probably dont have the home/away arrangement we have with Mayo. Still annoying to have to go up there, Leitrim fans can be a pain in the neck aswell if they get any bit of encouragement. Thankfully Mulligans on sabbatical, terrific player

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Last championship meeting between the two was 2008 in Salthill. Last meeting in Carrick was 2007.

Just finished watching the ladies football final Galway v Cork. Ended in a draw. Galway had chances, missed a penalty when 4 up and Cork went up the other end and got a goal but were two down late on and fought back. In the end a draw probably fair against this excellent Cork side. Really was a fantastic game, a lot of the Galway players going down with cramp near the end but can be proud of their efforts. Definite contenders for the All-Ireland this year and have won the last two minor championships. Good work going on bringing Galway back up to this level in a game that is increasing in competitiveness with every passing year.

Just finished watching the ladies football final Galway v Cork. Ended in a draw. Galway had chances, missed a penalty when 4 up and Cork went up the other end and got a goal but were two down late on and fought back. In the end a draw probably fair against this excellent Cork side. Really was a fantastic game, a lot of the Galway players going down with cramp near the end but can be proud of their efforts. Definite contenders for the All-Ireland this year and have won the last two minor championships. Good work going on bringing Galway back up to this level in a game that is increasing in competitiveness with every passing year.

Was in and out of it.

What were they at though letting their least technically gifted player take the penalty.

No disrespect to her but she had little football ability, similar to some of these lads you get playing midfield where they're picked solely on height.

That cost them IMO, the FF was banging over points yet they let a tall midfielder kick the ball wide from the spot. To make it worse the goalie didn't even move from centre... Anywhere on target was a goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Nocofee

How does the selection for juvenile Gaa work? Ie. For under 14 Galway county teams eg. How many go forward from each club thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭crusier

Nocofee wrote: »
    How does the selection for juvenile Gaa work? Ie. For under 14 Galway county teams eg. How many go forward from each club thanks :)

If you are a corner forward from a Connemara club they play you corner back and visa versa!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭nootroc

Gilberto

Annette Clarke has been taking penalties for a long time, doesn't usually hit them as wildly as she did today. Galling to conecede immediately after it though. Give them a good chance next week, but replays often go differently.

Senior Hurling Tables as they stand:

Group A P W D L SF SA D Pts
    Tommy Larkins 2 2 0 0 3.26 2.21 18 4
    Castlegar 2 2 0 0 2.30 1.24 9 4
    Craughwell 2 1 0 1 3.26 3.24 2 2
    Kilnadeema-Leitrim 2 0 1 1 2.27 3.25 -1 1
    Liam Mellow 2 0 1 1 4.23 3.33 -7 1
    Carnmore 2 0 0 2 1.25 3.40 -21 0

Group B P W D L SF SA D Pts
    Padraig Pearses 2 2 0 0 3.33 1.29 10 4
    Gort 2 1 1 0 2.27 2.23 4 3
    Clarinbridge 2 1 0 1 0.29 1.23 3 2
    Athenry 2 1 0 1 0.24 1.21 0 2
    Ardrahan 2 0 1 1 2.30 2.36 -6 1
    Kiltormer 2 0 0 2 2.14 2.25 -11 0

Group C P W D L SF SA D Pts
    Portumna 2 2 0 0 3.37 2.20 20 4
    St. Thomas' 1 1 0 0 0.19 0.17 2 2
    Mullagh 1 0 1 0 1.12 0-15 0 1
    Killimordaly 2 0 1 1 2.29 2.31 -2 1
    Turloughmore 2 0 0 2 0.23 2.36 -20 0

Group D P W D L SF SA D Pts
    Sarsfields 2 2 0 0 3.26 0.18 17 4
    Beagh 2 1 0 1 1.23 3.27 -10 2
    Loughrea 1 0 1 0 1.11 0.14 0 1
    Tynagh/Abbey-Duniry 2 0 1 1 0.31 2.27 -2 1
    Cappataggle 1 0 0 1 0.11 0.16 -5 0

T0001 wrote: »
    Senior Hurling Tables as they stand:

Group A P W D L SF SA D Pts
    Tommy Larkins 2 2 0 0 3.26 2.21 18 4
    Castlegar 2 2 0 0 2.30 1.24 9 4
    Craughwell 2 1 0 1 3.26 3.24 2 2
    Kilnadeema-Leitrim 2 0 1 1 2.27 3.25 -1 1
    Liam Mellow 2 0 1 1 4.23 3.33 -7 1
    Carnmore 2 0 0 2 1.25 3.40 -21 0

Group B P W D L SF SA D Pts
    Padraig Pearses 2 2 0 0 3.33 1.29 10 4
    Gort 2 1 1 0 2.27 2.23 4 3
    Clarinbridge 2 1 0 1 0.29 1.23 3 2
    Athenry 2 1 0 1 0.24 1.21 0 2
    Ardrahan 2 0 1 1 2.30 2.36 -6 1
    Kiltormer 2 0 0 2 2.14 2.25 -11 0

Group C P W D L SF SA D Pts
    Portumna 2 2 0 0 3.37 2.20 20 4
    St. Thomas' 1 1 0 0 0.19 0.17 2 2
    Mullagh 1 0 1 0 1.12 0-15 0 1
    Killimordaly 2 0 1 1 2.29 2.31 -2 1
    Turloughmore 2 0 0 2 0.23 2.36 -20 0

Group D P W D L SF SA D Pts
    Sarsfields 2 2 0 0 3.26 0.18 17 4
    Beagh 2 1 0 1 1.23 3.27 -10 2
    Loughrea 1 0 1 0 1.11 0.14 0 1
    Tynagh/Abbey-Duniry 2 0 1 1 0.31 2.27 -2 1
    Cappataggle 1 0 0 1 0.11 0.16 -5 0

Disappointment for me is that the race for the championship is unpredictable this year due to the leading teams coming back to the pack rather than any team making giant strides. We've won a lot of AI club championships over the years but its very hard to see where the next one is going to come from. The Senior A and Senior B can't come soon enough for me. 22 teams is just far too many imo.

Anyway, some interesting results at the weekend.

Castlegar and Tommy Larkins both have got two wins on the board. Group A is between the top 3 for 2 spots I'd imagine. Niall Healy in good scoring form this evening for Craughwell. Jason Flynn the main man for Tommy Larkins on Saturday evening. Its a fairly weak group though to be fair.

Padraig Pearses have been a surprise in Group B. Two good wins in the bag already. They were poor last year but have Cyril Donnellan back. Put up a big score last night. Kiltormer will struggle in that group but any of the others will fancy their chances of progressing. I thought Athenry might fare a bit better than they did against Clarinbridge. You'd imagine Gort should get through but not convincing so far.

Portumna pushed all the way by Killimorday last night. With only 2 going through from each group Turloughmore's hopes of a quarter final spot look slim. I wonder are Thomas' back on course for another tilt at the title this year? Missing Conor Cooney at the minute but you'd have to fancy them to progress.

Good win for Beagh yesterday evening. TAD have to be disappointed to lose that one. You'd have to fancy Loughrea will grind their way out of the group again. Another win will probably put Sarsfields through. Again that's a very average group.

This seems to have slipped inder the radar:

"The Tribesmen warmed up for this weekend’s big game against Leitrim by drawing 1-21 to 2-18 with Monaghan in a SF challenge in Kilbeggan, Co. Westmeath last Saturday."

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭donnem33

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/tribesmen-relief-as-canning-gets-green-light-to-face-dubs-31224115.html

Great news that Joe should be back for the Dub match. 15 stitches is a huge amount and it was a nasty belt by all accounts. Looks like Davy Burke will def be out though!

Carrick, uniquely a pain in the hole to get to from both Galway and Dublin. Great town though, kinda sorry I cant head up Sat night and stay over. Only 10k capacity there now so I read, so while it wont sell out, there should be close to that in the crowd. Can be a tough place to play if they get their backs up early

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Carrick, uniquely a pain in the hole to get to from both Galway and Dublin. Great town though, kinda sorry I cant head up Sat night and stay over. Only 10k capacity there now so I read, so while it wont sell out, there should be close to that in the crowd. Can be a tough place to play if they get their backs up early

Ya it's a nice town, was there for the first time for a stag last year so treating myself to a night up there Saturday to celebrate the end of exams.

Just came back from Super Valu for the second time in two days while forgetting to ask about tickets as a stand would be a necessity with this weather and as you say its small... Feck... Better ring then to check.

On the hurlers.... While we've generally been a farce under AC, Dublin are no great shakes either and that loss to Cork would have been rightly slated on here if it was ourselves.
    We did draw with Kilkenny last year so maybe we can get it done.
    Kilkenny then wouldn't be a sure bet against Wexford and we're in a stronger position then them by default(their retirements) compared to 2014.

Win Leinster and you're playing a losing team in the semi so anything is possible if we can get out of Leinster.

Hulk Hands wrote: »

Would agree. A fast start in these type of games is always crucial. I don't think Leitrim are as big a threat as they were a few years ago but they were competitive in division 4 and the u21 defeat there last year is a valuable lesson in never taking Leitrim for granted. Some of this Galway team were playing that day so I'm sure they won't forget that in a hurry. They will make it difficult and will get men behind the ball which Galway have consistently struggled against but if Galway have any ambitions for the rest of the summer they need to have this won going into the final 15/20 minutes.

Half back line doesn't inspire me but we just have to try and make do there. Lundy and Sice have a big job to do in terms of carrying ball on Sunday. I'd have gone with Manus Breathnach in goal. A bit small but by a distance our best keeper in my view, he may be injured though not sure?

Also best of luck to the ladies footballers in the league final replay. Played well last Saturday. Cork will again be fancied but Galway have played them twice this year, lost one by a point and drew so they know they are close to them. It would put down a major marker ahead of the championship if Galway could win this.

Not great. Leitrim very limited but bas marking let's them in early and get.their backs up. Comers goal was excellent, classic full forward play. We owe our lead to stupid leitrim indescipline. In saying that, refs been terrible. Hoping for a lot more

• Advertisement

Doesn't sound like we pulled up any trees today. Anyway the focus since the draw was made was on Mayo. New York and Leitrim were useful warm up outings but we'll have to up our game a few levels from anything I've seen from this Galway team if we are to do anything against Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Worthwent14

Solid win, want expecting anything special! They did what they had to do. Mayo is their all Ireland! I expect a few changes for Mayo though, maybe one in the forwards and Bradshaw?

Job done seems to be the consensus after today! Dire game of football if it can be called that.

Carrick is a tight pitch and allowed the defence to take control on the game. Galway made some promising moves but took far too much out of the ball most of the time and ended up being turned over.

I don't think the ref helped at all and seemed to help Leitrim out a lot and let some dodgy stuff go, but all in happy with the win!

Meant to mention this after the New York game but forgot about it till now. Massive thanks to our very own OP here Starie1975, and whatever helpers he has for setting up and running the Tribesmen supporters page. Was a life saver for getting updates from New York and other times. Ive never gone with them yet, but organising supporters buses gives us a core group of support at every venue that seems to be growing all the time. Could definitely hear them shouting from the stand today. Only a matter of time before theres live streaming coming from that page!! Excellent effort and well done

It's a super service and the buses are great. Thanks lads.

Team named:

Callanan
    Coen
    Hansbury
    Mannion
    McInerney
    Tannion
    Collins
    Cooney
    Harte
    Smith
    Donnellan
    Glynn
    Mannion
    Canning
    Flynn

Not exactly his worst selection but id have preferred Lally over Tannion. Hansbury hasn't fulfilled me with any confidence thus far and would slight Burke over him.

In the forwards id rather Healy over Cooney if going for 6 and just have Andy and Harte midfield....
    Would also probably prefer Brehony in there for possibly Andy.

Tbh all of those are minor and wouldn't be outright inclusion to say they're bad choices.
    Possibly Lally stands out the most and I like Healy, certainly more than Flynn if I was to make changes that could be straight swops only, looks like we'll go 3 in midfield so the forwards might be up to less switching.... Its a change anyway from AC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

How long is conor cooney out for?he had a great year last year and is a big loss.is fergal moore injured or just down the pecking order? Also good to see donnellan back,good hurler on his day

Think Conor Cooney is done for the championship IIRC.

I just don't like Johnny Glynn at HF. The lad is a fantastic fielder and has decent pace once he has the head down. A two man FF line of Flynn and Mannion doesn't do the heart much favours, as hard as they work. That said it's a decent side. Good to see Donnellan back. Decent midfield with a drastically improved Joe Cooney. Tan is undropable. He sets the tone for any Galway game whether that be good or bad. McInerney maybe should be behind Lally in the pecking order. Hanbury at FB is similarly unconvincing so far as Hynes in 2012 but hopefully he can prove us all wrong.

They're completely under the radar so it's up to them to turn up.

Think Conor Cooney is done for the championship IIRC.

I just don't like Johnny Glynn at HF. The lad is a fantastic fielder and has decent pace once he has the head down. A two man FF line of Flynn and Mannion doesn't do the heart much favours, as hard as they work. That said it's a decent side. Good to see Donnellan back. Decent midfield with a drastically improved Joe Cooney. Tan is undropable. He sets the tone for any Galway game whether that be good or bad. McInerney maybe should be behind Lally in the pecking order. Hanbury at FB is similarly unconvincing so far as Hynes in 2012 but hopefully he can prove us all wrong.

They're completely under the radar so it's up to them to turn up.

Oh no. Joe Cooney very poor, slow and too easy-going. Won't finish at midfield, even if he starts there. Glynn only very middling too, fumbles as much as he catches. FF the best spot for him. Big game return for Donnellan, hope it goes well for him. Lally should be there for McInerney. It's not that AC lacks options off the bench, it's just that they're nearly all the same as each other. A bag ask, a big task ahead.

• Advertisement

Just heard Damien Hayes come out with some deluded nonsense on the telly that we will win Leinster. I'm sure he was saying it to try and give a bit of a gee up to the lads that they are good enough but while I'd be delighted if we did achieve that I'd be shocked in equal measure.

That team doesn't inspire me especially at midfield but glad to see Padraig Mannion back again, he started the league very well before mysteriously disappearing. Hanbury was generally ok in the league but had a few very poor standout moments. I'd have stuck with Ronan Burke this year. He's not the only man to not be able to manage Callanan. McInerney is able to hold his ground but in Croke Park i'm not sure about his level of stick work. I'd have stuck with Lally. He made good headway during the league and as usual we are bag to the musical chairs setup at 3 and 6, 8, 9 and 11 after 4 years of this management. Says it all really.

We have a few injuries but it's not a side I have any real hope for. Effectively zero pace in the team, lots of big men but you'd question the skill level and ability to step up at this level for a whole host of players. In terms of a spread of scores hard to see where they will come from. For me there are far more questions than answers.

I really hope they go out and deliver a performance and a result on Sunday as I'm sure they've once again put in huge efforts over the last 7 or 8 months but really I'm travelling with little hope. Dublin have picked things up a bit again this year, but like Galway they are struggling to find any effective new faces. I think they have slipped back since 2013 but will have enough to win this by 5 or 6.

Dublin Team: http://gyazo.com/8cf631fd8247a10232b625a5487e3e7b

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement