Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galway GAA discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭deisedude

Do Ianroid Eireann put direct(ish) trains on for when Galway are playing in Thurles?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

deisedude wrote: »
    Do Ianroid Eireann put direct(ish) trains on for when Galway are playing in Thurles?

It has happened in the past. Doubt it will happen for the AI QF this year though.

It has happened in the past. Doubt it will happen for the AI QF this year though.

Cheers, ya there is nothing on their website but said better to ask.

deisedude wrote: »

The supporters club run two+ buses to the games.

One goes direct to the city and the other does the towns.

I can pass on their number when the text goes out as I'm on the list since last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Is Galway Bay FM covering the IHC match tonight? Can't get to it unfortunately.

The supporters club run two+ buses to the games.

One goes direct to the city and the other does the towns.

I can pass on their number when the text goes out as I'm on the list since last year.

Haha might look a bit out of place in my Waterford jersey!

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭donnem33

Good win for the intermediates tonight beating wexford in the leinster final 1.20 to 11. Play Cork in the All Ireland final on Aug 8th.

Although it would be nice to win the final, I would not complain if Cunningham played the likes of conor whelan, shane maloney etc for the seniors in order for them to progress than worry about an intermediate final.Must say it is a very strong team though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Good win for Galway in the intermediate tonight. Portlaoise at 7.30 in the middle of the week doesn't leave it open to many to travel unfortunately. Into the final now against Cork. Most years recently its been treated as an afterthought by Galway and we'd meet teams who had a couple of games under their belt. Entering Leinster at this grade has undoubtedly been positive. Giving some lads on the fringes some game time with the possibility of getting a look in with the seniors has to be good news.

My worry for this is that with Cunningham in charge he will try and spin it that success at this level will show he is bringing through players and might be enough to get him a 5th year.

Having said that its about 1999 I think since we won this competition so would be a nice boost to finish the job.

Won it twice in 1999 and 2002. 2005 being the last time the Intermediate Team was in the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Galway v Derry

Brian O'Donoghue
    Johnny Duane
    Finian Hanley
    Cathal Sweeney
    Liam Silke
    Gary O'Donnell
    Gareth Bradshaw
    Fiontain O'Curraoin
    Thomas Flynn
    Gary Sice
    Paul Conroy
    Michael Lundy
    Peadar Og O'Griofa
    Damien Comer
    Danny Cummins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭LoveMeSexy

Hope the lads do themselves justice Saturday, they train very hard and are a talented bunch, will be a close game and the support might be pivotal so hopefully there will be a good crowd in pearse to drive them on! Galway by 2

Not sure how to feel about the match today. Galway will have to get 2 goals if they have any chance of winning. Derry are able to break from defense and kick points so Galway need to be able to counter-act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Similar feeling to that. On one hand Derry sides in the last few years always get over-rated for the championship based off League but on the other hand Galway's lack of clinical finishing will cost them this Summer and I have a bad feeling today is the day. More rain promised too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Great goal Danny. Especially glad after that blatant dive !

Derry were too ill-disciplined to use the blanket. Could have had a couple more black cards and a red too.

Delighted with that. Gary O'Donnell has been improving under the radar all year and bar maybe Sice he'd be MOTM. Danny is really the liveliest player we have and got his due for once.

Fair play. Nice to have a bit to spare in the pissing rain.

I have given the footballers enough stick during the year but in fairness when it went to 8-7 early in the 2nd half, the omens weren't good and we've seen Galway fade out in similar circumstances in recent years but to give the lads their credit they got through the bad patch and picked off the scores that were needed to give us an advantage. In such a tight game a goal was always going to be important. We had got on top at that stage and it finished them off.

Brian McIver went out in style throwing all the toys out of the pram at once. He's right that the standard of reffing is generally poor but what's new. I was too far away to make a call on his penalty claim, looked awkward from where I was but while after the first 10-15 minutes I think we got the better of the breaks off the ref, I think McIver should be asking more questions of himself. Derry kept the score down and kicked some good points in the first half but thankfully their one dimensional tactics in the 2nd half made it easy for us.

Few worrying things. First 15-20 we were well off the pace and would have been out of the game against better opponents. Midfield took a long time to come alive. Little prospect of a turnover on Derry ball. Looking down the line, we need to compete much harder for turnovers particularly against the big Northern sides. Some of the tackling by Galway was just plain lazy.

Damien Comer was quiet, Lundy hasn't had a good championship to date, Conroy was his usual mixed bag. O'Griofa we didn't really see much of.

On the positive side, Gary Sice who I wasn't a big fan of at county level for years has brought real leadership to the squad this year, Danny Cummins won us some messy ball when we were struggling. Gary O'Donnell had a good game to be fair. Bradshaw improved in the 2nd half and Cathal Sweeney continued his good year.

It was painful stuff to watch (but was always going to be especially with the incessant rain) its nice to dig out a couple of these games for a change. Again the draw is crucial. If we can get Sligo, I'd fancy us once we keep our heads screwed on. Monaghan not so much. Either way the races will start and at least the footballers will still be alive, hopefully the hurlers will be too after next weekend. Good to see they were there to back the footballers tonight.

Today probably demonstrated again that a revamp of Tuam for these type of games would be welcome. Between the Galway United game, Arts Festival, general Saturday traffic and the rain getting to Salthill was again a nightmare for many even with a crowd of less than 5k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭MfMan

Damien Comer was quiet, Lundy hasn't had a good championship to date, Conroy was his usual mixed bag. O'Griofa we didn't really see much of.

On the positive side, Gary Sice who I wasn't a big fan of at county level for years has brought real leadership to the squad this year, Danny Cummins won us some messy ball when we were struggling. Gary O'Donnell had a good game to be fair. Bradshaw improved in the 2nd half and Cathal Sweeney continued his good year.

It was painful stuff to watch (but was always going to be especially with the incessant rain) its nice to dig out a couple of these games for a change. Again the draw is crucial. If we can get Sligo, I'd fancy us once we keep our heads screwed on. Monaghan not so much. Either way the races will start and at least the footballers will still be alive, hopefully the hurlers will be too after next weekend. Good to see they were there to back the footballers tonight.

Today probably demonstrated again that a revamp of Tuam for these type of games would be welcome. Between the Galway United game, Arts Festival, general Saturday traffic and the rain getting to Salthill was again a nightmare for many even with a crowd of less than 5k.

Thoroughly agree re: Tuam, for Derry fans at least Salthill put 3 hours minimum extra onto their journey.

Thought both often-maligned Garys had their best outings in maroon and showed leadership all through. Danny by far the best of a subdued FF line with Conroy having a bad first half and much better second. His thought- and decision-making is far too slow too often. Midfield lost a lot in the first half but much better after break. Both Duane and Hanley fairly sound but C Sweeney looked very shaky and did some silly things in the 2nd half that put unwanted pressure on his defence; thought it took his brother a little while to settle. Great to see S Walsh back - the one Galway player with a little bit 'extra'. Can see why McIver was livid about ref though - did seem to give us a lot of soft ones, even in the first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

Well done to the lads yesterday .people taking the good out if it by saying we got soft frees of the ref have short memories forgetting all the days we hit screwed by refs . You would think some so called galway fans prefer when we lose ! We are on the right path . We're not gonna win any all ireland but another win or two at most would leave us in a right position towards next season

One thing I noticed yesterday is how pissed off Galway fans were with us playing defensive and handpassing alot. But one stat I have is, under Mulhollond Galway averaged 13 scores, in 3 years, so far under Kevin Walsh in Championship, Galway are averaging (excluding London and NY respectively) 12. Not much difference really.

Lets look at defense. Under Mulhollond, Galway conceeded an average of 16 scores. Under Walsh so far, Galway are conceeding an average of 11.

• Advertisement

T0001 wrote: »
    One thing I noticed yesterday is how pissed off Galway fans were with us playing defensive and handpassing alot. But one stat I have is, under Mulhollond Galway averaged 13 scores, in 3 years, so far under Kevin Walsh in Championship, Galway are averaging (excluding London and NY respectively) 12. Not much difference really.

Lets look at defense. Under Mulhollond, Galway conceeded an average of 16 scores. Under Walsh so far, Galway are conceeding an average of 11.

You have to play defensive and anyone foolish enough to play 6 on 6 in defence will concede hurling scores... Look what Kerry scored on us last year playing man to man.

What I do have a problem with is slow transition or handpassing around midfield needlessly.
    Example being Sweeneys yellow yesterday. Up by 3 with 20 odd to go and arsing about with it in our half.

I think our transition is improving though, there was some nice quick ball moved up at times.
    Balls need to be kept out of midfielders hands though, as a rule they're generally slow and lack awareness.
    There was a few times we overly used big men on a break.
    The ball cant stick to an area or slow, it should never be needlessly passed unless a player hits a defender and a man is coming off the shoulder at pace.

Id actually wonder is it worth having two big players in the middle in the modern game?.

If I was a manager id try one big to contest long hit and hope kick outs and our opponents kicks.
    The other would be a half back as you want to kick it short anyway so what's the point in having two guys who's job is to contest kicks that aren't coming, plus you don't have to sacrifice a forward to add another defender.

I think that the likes of Sweeney and Silke have tightened ship an awful lot and the corner backs don't leave Hanley as exposed any more. Certainly the best backline in many years for Galway. O'Donnell looks a better all rounder too this year.

Giberto describes my big issue perfectly. There'll be backwards handpassing unfortunately. What's really got to improve is the speed in the build-up. When Galway properly ran at Derry especially early on through Duane it worked but unfortunately the conditions made it difficult to control/slippy. When Lundy was allowed to run at the backs there were two gimme points wasted by him. Then the breakaway for the goal was one of the quickest moves of the day. I think both midfielders can adapt to a quicker gameplan and they are able to run at backs. Flynn seemed a lot more confident going for scores last season.

I know a lot of people are giving the ref a bollocking but it was clear from the first few minutes when he gave Galway absolutely nothing that he was going to blow easily. McIver has to acknowledge how ill-disciplined his side were and there amount of wides in the second half before going after the referee (again).

Big day again for the draw tomorrow. Is it a certainty that the games are in Croker Saturday Raceweek?

Well after hammering Mayo a few weeks ago the minors have done a complete reverse and are giving a pathetic performance.

A measly 3 points in a half with the breeze and have spurned numerous chances.
    And obviously this was further compounded by a goalie mistake for a goal, which is what happens on days like today when nothing goes right.

Need a big turnaround which looks unlikely given the garbage so far, but they have at least had all the chances.
    Big day again for the draw tomorrow. Is it a certainty that the games are in Croker Saturday Raceweek?

I guess it depends on the teams involved.
    Wasn't Tipp last year in the same round(?) and that was Tullamore which also involved Sligo(assuming they lose) who wouldn't bring many fans.

With Monaghan winning now that would probably have it in Croker as you'd imagine a few travelling for Tyrone/Galway and Donegal. Though with 3 of the teams from the North somewhere like McHale might be picked?

Tullamore probably wouldn't be picked again as Tipp and Sligo being involved probably factored into that being chosen.

It was Tullamore but there were no Ulster sides in that round of the qualifiers on the Galway side of the draw. In 2013 it was in Croker for 3 headers with 2 Ulster sides.

My lord... 15 wides, 3+ goal chances missed and numerous balls into the goalies hands and 6 points on the board.

Worst Galway minor performance in years id say.

Manager should have whipped off all off them he could.

Sligo could win a Connacht with barely a score in ages and 1-4 on the board including a goalie error goal.

Management should be sacked after this.

McDaid drops another short, that's a good 8/9 and distance wasn't a problem from most. One of the other lads hadn't a problem with the distance yet he kept getting taken off and on.
    A bloody 20mtr was short ffs.

Draw... Disgraceful, Sligo get a draw and they barely scored a point in 50mins.

• Advertisement

Not a good result for Galway with Monaghan winning. I think it means it'll be Galway v Donegal now. Had Donegal won it would have been either Monaghan or the losers of the Connacht final. Presumably Sligo. A wounded Donegal will be very tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

With Derry's sour grapes about the referee they seem to forget that they should have been down to 14 by the end too for those kicks on Lundy while he was lying on the ground.

Donegal next lads! Id say it will be in Roscommon, with Sligo v. Tyrone there aswell

Donegal next lads! Id say it will be in Roscommon, with Sligo v. Tyrone there aswell

Will be a great test for Galway although I was hoping to not come up against a side like that until the quarter-finals.

Not a good result for Galway with Monaghan winning. I think it means it'll be Galway v Donegal now. Had Donegal won it would have been either Monaghan or the losers of the Connacht final. Presumably Sligo. A wounded Donegal will be very tough.

Such rubbish that Tyrone get a Sligo team who were beat after 6mins while we have to beat a third top team.

They need to scrap this stupid qualifier system, why should weak teams get easy runs to a 1/4 while a pile of strong teams get stuck on the other side.
    Just makes the whole thing easier for the likes of Dublin who can end up getting another sub par team in the 1/4 instead of it being at the least a 8-12 ranked team.

I wouldn't be overly worried about Donegal though, they didn't show a whole pile there. The only team id really worry about is Dublin tbh, that's not to say I think we're better than the others but id give us a chance.
    If we were more tactically astute last year we could have beat the eventual AI winners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭Robson99

Such rubbish that Tyrone get a Sligo team who were beat after 6mins while we have to beat a third top team.

They need to scrap this stupid qualifier system, why should weak teams get easy runs to a 1/4 while a pile of strong teams get stuck on the other side.
    Just makes the whole thing easier for the likes of Dublin who can end up getting another sub par team in the 1/4 instead of it being at the least a 8-12 ranked team.

I wouldn't be overly worried about Donegal though, they didn't show a whole pile there. The only team id really worry about is Dublin tbh, that's not to say I think we're better than the others but id give us a chance.
    If we were more tactically astute last year we could have beat the eventual AI winners.
    You get what you deserve in the qualifiers. Dont lose your first game and you wont be in it.
    I would be worried about every team left in it bar probably Sligo. We have beaten two piss poor teams Dont get too carried away thinking we are at Dublin Kerry or Mayos level

Robson99 wrote: »
    You get what you deserve in the qualifiers. Dont lose your first game and you wont be in it.
    I would be worried about every team left in it bar probably Sligo. We have beaten two piss poor teams Dont get too carried away thinking we are at Dublin Kerry or Mayos level

Your comment doesn't make sense when the likes of Kildare get Longford.
    So are the teams on the soft side getting what they deserve?.

It should be a lottery as it was, it makes no sense to split it. It doesn't help with organisation or travel, its just a change for the sake of change.
    Splitting it sees a few teams make the quarter who would likely be dumped in an open draw.
    Aren't Kerry waiting on Fermanagh/Westmeath... Another trashing awaits there due to splitting.

Also I didn't say we were at their level, I said I wouldn't give us no hope against any bar Dublin.
    Derry were hardly a mile off Donegal lately too.

Your comment doesn't make sense when the likes of Kildare get Longford.
    So are the teams on the soft side getting what they deserve?.

It should be a lottery as it was, it makes no sense to split it. It doesn't help with organisation or travel, its just a change for the sake of change.
    Splitting it sees a few teams make the quarter who would likely be dumped in an open draw.
    Aren't Kerry waiting on Fermanagh/Westmeath... Another trashing awaits there due to splitting.

Also I didn't say we were at their level, I said I wouldn't give us no hope against any bar Dublin.
    Derry were hardly a mile off Donegal lately too.
    The whole football championship is a joke. Needs to follow a champions league format. Top 16 teams play for Sam. Weak 16 play for their little Sam. Scrap the provincial. No one gives a toss for them anyway.
    Would you seriously give us a chance of beating Mayo or Kerry??

Robson99 wrote: »
    The whole football championship is a joke. Needs to follow a champions league format. Top 16 teams play for Sam. Weak 16 play for their little Sam. Scrap the provincial. No one gives a toss for them anyway.
    Would you seriously give us a chance of beating Mayo or Kerry??

Course it does, doesn't make sense that Sligo win one game and they're in round 4 while we're on game number 6.

Well ya as we've gave both a game in the recent past.
    We had I think 10 wides last year before our first score?.
    We man marked which left Kerry with an easy route to get scores-kept everyone in the square then lead out into the open space of the wings.
    Its exactly why we constantly gave up big scores under AM.

And would have been closer to Mayo had Manus not took the u10 option of trying to kick a ball instead of going down on it and Cummins had a fisted goal effort saved.

On the basis of those two games yes id give us a chance, we're not a division 4 team at the end of the day.
    We need to limit mistakes but we have the players to give us a chance of beating someone of note in a one off game.

I'm afraid to say weer s good way of Dublin, Kerry and Mayo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

So if Galway beat Donegal, they'll meet Mayo again in the next game??

So if Galway beat Donegal, they'll meet Mayo again in the next game??

I think its the Monaghan/Tyrone-Sligo side based on previous meeting between the two.
    But either way yes the draw remains closed in regards to who faces whom.

Quote from hoganstand.com
    "The Connacht champions will face either Donegal or Galway in their All-Ireland quarter-final."

Donegal looked like a side who had hit a brick wall today. There is a lot of mileage on the clock and they met a team hungry for success who to be fair have bounced back well from the trouncing the Dubs gave them last year. However, whether we have the capability to compete physically with Donegal yet I'd have my doubts. After hammering Armagh, Donegal were AI contenders in most people's books and now after a couple of poor performance they are regarded as nobody's despite being inches away from levelling a game where they played very poorly. I don't see them as realistic All-Ireland contenders at present but if they get back to Croke Park they will be a game for anyone.

We are as well to test ourselves at this stage and see how we are faring than get through Sligo and get shown up badly in Croke Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭threeball

It was a defeat to Donegal in the qualifiers a few years back that really was the start of the slump in Galway football. It'd be nice to climb out of it by returning the favour and start a new chapter in Galway football. This is the best group to come together since 98 and have a fairly young age profile too which augers well for the future. Donegal are very strong in the middle third so if we are going to compete we'll need to shore up here. Kicking balls down on top of Gallagher won't be an option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

You could tell the difference between a fan who actually plays football yesterday and one who doesn't. Anyone with experience could see that we couldn't kick long ball in, in the second half with that wind and 2 sweepers there. Playing against that system will always lead to these 'handball' sessions with the ball going back and over the pitch. Just the way it is nowadays unfortunately

Was very impressed yesterday. That's twice now we've toughed out games. Take the first 10 mins out and it was dominanace. Kick out look much improved. Half backs, especially GO'D, brilliant. Conroy + Lundy had off days but Sice was very much on, along with Cummins. We've the makings of a very good team. Not top 4 yet,. but firmly in the 5-10 area.

But fecking draw was disgusting today. Really unlucky to have to play Donegal. Was thinking if we won we might have got Monaghan in the QF, but its looking like Mayo. FFS no luck atal. 'We'd have to meet these teams eventually as they say, but still, the lads deserved a nice draw after the last 2 weeks. Should be a cracker vs Donegal anyway

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    You could tell the difference between a fan who actually plays football yesterday and one who doesn't. Anyone with experience could see that we couldn't kick long ball in, in the second half with that wind and 2 sweepers there. Playing against that system will always lead to these 'handball' sessions with the ball going back and over the pitch. Just the way it is nowadays unfortunately

Was very impressed yesterday. That's twice now we've toughed out games. Take the first 10 mins out and it was dominanace. Kick out look much improved. Half backs, especially GO'D, brilliant. Conroy + Lundy had off days but Sice was very much on, along with Cummins. We've the makings of a very good team. Not top 4 yet,. but firmly in the 5-10 area.

But fecking draw was disgusting today. Really unlucky to have to play Donegal. Was thinking if we won we might have got Monaghan in the QF, but its looking like Mayo. FFS no luck atal. 'We'd have to meet these teams eventually as they say, but still, the lads deserved a nice draw after the last 2 weeks. Should be a cracker vs Donegal anyway

Being very harsh on Lundy there. He worked so hard. While he had a couple of wild shots, he carried the ball well and tracked back constantly. I thought he played very well.

For me, the top 3 Galway players were:

1. Gary O'Donnell
    2. Gary Sice
    3. Gareth Bradshaw

All 3 have been heavily criticised by Galway fans in the past. But I felt all of them were absolutely brilliant yesterday. O'Donnell picked up an awful lot of breaks, and broke forward at pace whenever he could. Sice seemed to be all over the place and his frees were excellent.

Maybe I am. Must watch it back. He looks a little burnt out to me, although thats an easy thing to say

Big championship match now to look forward to at the end of race week :) I'm nearly hungover thinking about it

Was just reading back on the first page of this thread (from 2011!). A lot of posters were suggesting that Sice wasn't good enough for the Galway panel. I have an awful lot of respect for what he has done. He is around the same age as me, and I played against him many times at under age. Never thought he was that good at all, but he has worked & worked throughout the years and emerged as one of the leaders on this current Galway team. He was pointing towards players, telling them where to go in the Derry match. His physique has also come on a lot. When he was younger, he was a fairly scrawny guy. But he's strong and tough now. I guess years of inter county training will do that. He is a terrific example to young footballers, to show that hard work can pay off!

Why are we playing Mayo in the quarters if we beat Donegal does anyone know? Why can't we meet Monaghan like? The winners of that Mayo quarter have to play Dublin too (small chance me make it that far tho obv). Feeling a little pissed off at this draw tbh

Apart from Hoganstand I haven't seen any indication that it would be Mayo if we beat Donegal. In fact going by this it'd be Monaghan if we beat Donegal.

Wikipedia is a dodgy source but it looks well updated for the 2015 football championship. It says: 'The quarter-finals feature the four provincial champions who play the teams that progress from Round 4 of the qualifiers. If one of the teams coming from the qualifiers has already met one of the provincial champions in an earlier match in the competition then those two teams cannot be drawn together'.

Anyway we have it all to do to beat Donegal. They'll have no fear of us and as always will travel in numbers. Hopefully we'll get a good support up to Castlebar (most likely) to support the lads. Crowd got behind the team more than I've heard for a long time with Galway yesterday which was good to see. More of the same the next few weeks.

Minor final replay set for Tuam next Friday. Hopefully they can learn from today and put their near meltdown behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭donnem33

Apart from Hoganstand I haven't seen any indication that it would be Mayo if we beat Donegal. In fact going by this it'd be Monaghan if we beat Donegal.

Wikipedia is a dodgy source but it looks well updated for the 2015 football championship. It says: 'The quarter-finals feature the four provincial champions who play the teams that progress from Round 4 of the qualifiers. If one of the teams coming from the qualifiers has already met one of the provincial champions in an earlier match in the competition then those two teams cannot be drawn together'.

Anyway we have it all to do to beat Donegal. They'll have no fear of us and as always will travel in numbers. Hopefully we'll get a good support up to Castlebar (most likely) to support the lads. Crowd got behind the team more than I've heard for a long time with Galway yesterday which was good to see. More of the same the next few weeks.

Minor final replay set for Tuam next Friday. Hopefully they can learn from today and put their near meltdown behind them.

Is there any chance there would be a double header in croke park along with sligo v tyrone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Outright betting for Sam:

Donegal 11/1
    Galway 33/1

Interesting that Monaghan are 12/1 after beating Donegal.

Outright betting for Sam:

Donegal 11/1
    Galway 33/1

Interesting that Monaghan are 12/1 after beating Donegal.

Donegal have proven in the past that they can beat the Dublins / Mayos of this world. I know that was in previous years & not this year, but it still counts for something. Monaghan have yet to really prove they can give those teams a game. I'd still put Donegal as more likely AI winners than Monaghan (but I don't think either will win it).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭christy c

Regarding playing Mayo in the quarters, was it not changed in 2001 after we beat Roscommon so that you could not meet someone you already played?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement